Home

YouTube Gamer Hits 602 Foot Home Run

This is a discussion on YouTube Gamer Hits 602 Foot Home Run within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #41
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: YouTube Gamer Hits 602 Foot Home Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
No I have never seen a 600 foot home run. That doesn't mean they should or could never happen. I am saying though that not everybody is seeing this problem, not everybody thinks this is a problem or just doesn't care.

Personally I am not seeing it. I have hit 10 Home Runs is 6 games in my Franchise in Spring Training. Not one has been over 500 feet and no one who shouldn't has hit a home run. Harper has hit 4, Murphy 4, Turner 1 and Zimmerman 1. Most of these were late innings with relief pitchers. I dont see anything unusual in my numbers.

I don't care what happened in previous games either, you know why. I am not playing them anymore! If I cared what happened in MLB The Show 14 I would still be playing MLB The Show 14.

You all can create whatever drama you want to create for yourselves, thats fine. I chose to play and have fun. If I have issues, well I try to find solutions to them, not just create thread after thread hashing on the same issues. If I can't find something to help. Well I either live with it or move on to another game. I don't continue to holler about it and convince everybody that they are wrong because they dont feel the same way I do.
Why are you grouping me in with people who make threads to whine?

I've simply compared game data with real data and formed a thought. That's it. Am I not allowed to say the HR distances in mlb 17 are inflated?

sent from a mobile device
Old 04-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #42
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
Why are you grouping me in with people who make threads to whine?

I've simply compared game data with real data and formed a thought. That's it. Am I not allowed to say the HR distances in mlb 17 are inflated?

sent from a mobile device
Because you are posting in every thread talking about the same thing? You are allowed to say what every you like within the limits of TOS. So, for that matter am I. Yes you have formed a thought based on real data. I and many others disagree with your thought. Is this not allowed as well?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

I saw this when he first released it, although it is humanly impossible to hit a 600ft homerun, if you notice he's loving it.

and ultimately that's all that matters, the guy who spent 60 dollars on it loves it.

either way this is an easy fix with a patch..no homeruns should be going over 470-475 unless its a homerun derby...just my opinion though.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
You can dislike what I say all you want, but hating me makes no sense. I'm telling you the truth. My supporting evidence is HR statistics from MLB's website ( http://m.mlb.com/statcast/leaderboard#hr-distance ). The Show is a reality based baseball game.

Also, there has been lots of HRs posted in the longest HR thread here that are over 540 feet and the players hitting them are not maxed out and they're not playing on rookie difficulty and the sliders are default.

You're arguing about realism in a setting that simply isn't realistic. It's arguing for the sake of arguing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #45
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Mickey Mantle's longest home runs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #46
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

You will never see someone hitting .700 irl either so take that for what its worth. You play on rookie with a maxed out player and you are going to have some very, very unrealistic results. I'd probably average at least 25-30 team hits a game if I played on rookie...

Step it up to HOF or legend and and lets see how many 600 feet homers you hit and see what your batting avg. looks like.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #47
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

If Bartolo Colon can hit a HR, ANYTHING is possible! lol
Old 04-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #48
Rookie

Pitchblackplays's Arena

Community complains there's not enough home run variation, we get home run variation, community cries because if you jack the sliders on rookie with all 99 you can do something unrealistic. Sound about right?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »