Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2018, 07:50 AM   #833
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Oddball question that fits here since it's a Franchise question:

How do you guys select your team's uniforms? Do you try to follow real life? Go with what the game selects?

For road games, I'm going with what the game selects. At home, cream on Sunday, normal home whites for the rest.

Past years I usually went alternates on the weekend, whites/grays during the week.
In order to play multiple seasons and actually get to see my draft picks develope, I have implemented the play one sim five method.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2018, 08:01 AM   #834
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

How do you guys select your team's uniforms? Do you try to follow real life? Go with what the game selects?

For road games, I'm going with what the game selects. At home, cream on Sunday, normal home whites for the rest.

Past years I usually went alternates on the weekend, whites/grays during the week.
Typically I go with what the game chooses. Every now and again I'll mix it up, like wearing the old powder blue road uni's as I think they are slick.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-29-2018, 08:17 AM   #835
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Texas Rangers Update: Season 2 MOM

Well its the end of May and about a week in to June and the Rangers sit in 4th Place 9 games behind the Astros. It has been an up and down year as we sit at 32-40. Starting pitching has really been an issue. My only 2 consistent starters are Mike Minor and Matt Moore (Yes MAT MOORE). He has a 2.6 ERA and has been incredible. The other 3 have been terrible. I have mixed and matched yet nothing seems to be working. I even picked up Trevor Cahill off waivers at the end of spring. Bottom line is he now pitches in AA. Here are the Rangers at a glance as we enter a key part of the schedule. Can we make a push towards the top? Houston and Oakland are the only 2 teams that are playing OK. The rest of the division is cluttered.

C- Brian McCann- Hitting 230. Has 9 HR's. Playing OK after a real slow start
1B- Gallo- 245 hitter and leads team in RBI's and HR's with 12
2b- Odor- God aweful season. Hitting a little over 200 with 4 HR's. Sent him down for about a week. Still can't produce
SS- Elvis- 280 hitter. Consistant
3B- Big surprise here Greg Garcia is hitting 300 out of no where
LF- Brantley- consistent 310 hitter
CF- Jose Castillo- doing ok at 260- Cannot hit left handed pitching. Batting 130 against lefties
RF- Mazara- Another terrible start in April. Made a comeback in May and is hitting 265 now with only 2 dingers

SP
1. Minor-
2. Matt Moore
3. Kyle Cody- Still hoping he ban be that guy from AAA. Ups and downs in 5 starts
4. Edinson Volquez- Over 6 ERA.
5- JC Ramirez- Mid 5 ERA

Pen has been OK. Knebel is lights out if I can get it to him. My surprise here is Shawn Tolleson. Sub 2 ERA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #836
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

A much needed sweep against the 1st place Phillies!

Game 1: It was billed as "Dueling Aces". Archer vs. Arrieta no so fast! We won 8-5!
Archer savages a win. His line was 6.0IP, 6H, 5R, ER, BB & 4K. We jumped Arrieta early and often. 3.2IP,8H,8R,6ER,BB & 6K.

Game 2: SP Teheran was masterful! He had a no hitter into the 7th inning. 8.1IP,3H,R,ER & 12K. We won 4-1!

Game 3: The veteran Sp McCarthy hurled an outstanding outing. 8.0IP,3H,0R & 6K. That man No. 5, Fab Five Freddie went 3 for 4, 2HR,2B & 3RBI. We won 4-0!

Freeman is smoking the ball now. Avg .391,6HR,15RBI. A 11 game hitting streak, 6 for 12 against the Phillies in the 3 game sweep. SP Archer is a concern 2 horrible starts. 4 starts, 2 QS, 2-1, 4.62ERA, 25.1IP & 24K. Actually SP McCarthy & Gohara has had a QS per game started.

We are 9-9. Tied for 2nd with the Phillies, behind the 1st place Nats@10-9.

Next up is the Mets a four game set.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #837
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Like I do everything else in franchise - as I like. My team, my rules. In 2028, the Marlins might not even have any of these jerseys, just like they don't use the "retro" (read: 90's) ones.

So I pick the ones I feel like playing/like the best that game.

I'll even mix in the BP uniforms if I like them enough.

Pretty soon, I might start "rebuilding" the stadium by playing in one not occupied by an MLB team.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #838
Rookie

Any ideas for an NL team that could be a fun rebuild or retool? Not Miami or San Diego.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #839
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymason
Any ideas for an NL team that could be a fun rebuild or retool? Not Miami or San Diego.
San De.... nevermind

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-29-2018, 05:28 PM   #840
Rookie

The Yankees just completed their first series vs their arch rival Red Sox by winning 2 out of 3 in Fenway.

Game 1 - Severino defeats Pomeranz 5-0. Judge had 3 hits with a HR and 2 RBI. Sanchez and Austin homered as well. Sevvy didn't have his best stuff, he actually had zero Ks and 3 BB through 4 innings. He was able to get out of trouble a few times with double plays. He ended up fighting his way through 8 scoreless innings and struck out 5 for his 3rd win of the year.

Game 2- This was a classic Yankees/Sox battle. It was Tanaka vs Sale. Sale was tough. Andujar hit a solo shot in the second and then Sale cruised through to the 7th. Trailing 4-1, With 2 on and 1 out in the 7th, Sale walked Hicks to load the bases for Judge. Cora went to the bullpen and then the Bronx Bombers made him pay. Hembree got rocked. Judge hit a 2-R single, Stanton hit a laser of a sac fly to deep center and then Sanchez hit a 2-r HR and just like that we led 6-4. We'd score 9 total in the inning and 3 more in the 8th to take the game 13-7. Tanaka improves to 2-0.

Game 3- Montgomery vs Price. Boston got some revenge. Price was good and Monty wasn't. 5 runs allowed over 6 innings while Price went a strong 8 just allowing 2 solo HR(Judge, Stanton). Kimbrel came on to shut it down in the 9th and although he served up a bomb to Sanchez, he finished it off and Boston wins 5-3.

We now sit at 10-3, 1st place in the East and tied for best record in the AL(Houston). The Cubs have the best record in baseball at 13-0!!! Next we're off to Detroit(5-8) for a 3 game set and then we come back to the Stadium for a nice 10 game homestand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »