Home

MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2018, 04:48 AM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 18 Franchise Discussion Thread

Don’t you love it when you drop 3 of 4, play like crap, and then just beat the piss out of a team to end the slump?

Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #434
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15
Don’t you love it when you drop 3 of 4, play like crap, and then just beat the piss out of a team to end the slump?

I wish, I'm getting absolutely wrecked in my Rangers franchise at the moment. I'm currently 4-11. Just got swept by the Jays and had an 8-1 lead in the final game that me and the bullpen blew to lose 10-9. Lost 2 out of 3 to the Angels in the next series and have just lost 2 in a row to the Astros.

I can't hold onto a lead with my bullpen and they can't keep me in a game when I fight back to keep it close. And I can't buy a hit with Roughned Odor, hitting .073 through 15 games. Not too far off where the Ranger are in the real world though.

I'm using dynamic difficulty and go up and down between All-Star and HOF. I may need to set it on All-Star and leave it.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk

Last edited by doubledeuceR6; 04-18-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #435
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
I wish, I'm getting absolutely wrecked in my Rangers franchise at the moment. I'm currently 4-11. Just got swept by the Jays and had an 8-1 lead in the final game that me and the bullpen blew to lose 10-9. Lost 2 out of 3 to the Angels in the next series and have just lost 2 in a row to the Astros.

I can't hold onto a lead with my bullpen and they can't keep me in a game when I fight back to keep it close.

I'm using dynamic difficulty and go up and down between All-Star and HOF.

Grab a couple of arms off of the FA market on one year deals. If one works out you could sign longer term!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 01:53 PM   #436
Rookie

Beastboy2335's Arena

OVR: 0

I've started an A's franchise and done one trade thus far landing SP Danny Duffy and CP Kelvin Herrera for some prospects.
Lineup
1. CF Jorge Mateo
2. RF Stephen Piscotty
3. 2B Jed Lowrie
4. 1B Matt Olson
5. DH Khris Davis
6. SS Marcus Semian
7. C Johnathan Lucroy
8. 3B Matt Chapman
9. LF Boog Powell
Rotation
1. Sean Manea
2. Danny Duffy
3. Daniel Mengdan
4. Henderson Alvarez
5. Andrew Triggs

I'm looking at Barreto and Puk as possible midseason call ups and I'm looking for another solid hitter to slide at the 3. Any suggestions?
Old 04-18-2018, 02:06 PM   #437
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6

I can't hold onto a lead with my bullpen and they can't keep me in a game when I fight back to keep it close. And I can't buy a hit with Roughned Odor, hitting .073 through 15 games. Not too far off where the Ranger are in the real world though.

I'm using dynamic difficulty and go up and down between All-Star and HOF. I may need to set it on All-Star and leave it.
I wish I would lose more. In my franchise, I am 47-12 with the freaking Tigers. Pitching on Legend difficulty, and now hitting on Hall Of Fame (though I started on All Star, and didn't switch to HOF until May).

My starters have been absolutely dominating. Bullpen has been pretty good overall. Luckily the meltdowns they have had came in games where I was up big, or games where I found a way to come back late in games. I have had a couple games where I walked off in the 9th inning in come from behind fashion, including one game in April, where I was trailing 7-5 in the bottom of the 9th, tied it, then Victor Martinez hit a walk off grand slam.

I really can't go up much more in difficulty. Hopefully, as the dog days of summer hit (I am just now starting June) I will start to slump a little bit more, and come back to the pack a little bit.

http://www.dynastynationnetwork.com/...mlb&u=kdutch98
Old 04-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #438
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Hello everybody!

I'm bacon96, the creator of a fictional roster, contributor to OS and a long time player on The Show.

I am primarily been a franchise player and decided to start one with my fictional roster while posting on here regularly for anyone who would like to follow.

I have tons of screenshots in my arena and I have also uploaded some gameplay as well for anyone who is interested in taking a look at any of that!

See my thread or PM me for more details about the roster. That's all guys. Just wanted to quickly tell y'all about my work

Baseball is Better!

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 04-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #439
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Anyone got some spare outfielders I can borrow?

Old 04-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #440
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

After getting off to a surprisingly decent 5-2 start, reality is starting to hit the Rays after losing 3 in a row, conceding over 10 in each of the games and scoring 2 or less. The team ERA has jumped up to nearly 6, while the deluge of quality left handed pitching in the AL East has been too much for a lineup that has basically only Wilson Ramos who prefers lefty pitching.

Brad Miller and his weird lack of follow through swing has been the star of the team with 4 homers and 9 RBI's, all against righties, but the undoubted weak link so far is Hechevaria, who has only picked up 1 hit in the first 10 games of the season and some downright awful defence on top of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »