Home

Huge Flaw in RTTS

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Huge Flaw in RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
Heck no! That's one of the more annoying aspects of the DH thing. I've only been drafted by and played for NL teams!
It sounds like there may be a problem with power hitters and the DH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
How is this unrealistic? Please educate me, I am new to RTTS and I have never played real world baseball at an elite level. But one would think that if this was real, I know it's a stretch, that our pitching coaches who have a vested interest in our development would want us to become proficient in what is currently in our tool boxes before we go adding new stuff.

It sounds like the people bringing up the problems around being cast into the DH role have a grip and perhaps there is a problem in the game around power hitters. Is this only occurring on AL organizations? But there two solutions for pitchers.

1) Show some patience, play the games, put in your time and the training opportunity should present itself when our virtual pitching coaches think we are ready.

2) Create a pitcher in MLB 17 that has everything you want and port him over to 18.

I thought RTTS was about the journey not the end destination. I am looking forward to long hard grind through the minor leagues. In my brief time playing MLB 17 RTTS, I found I was progressing too easily. I made it to AAA in less than 10 games if you ignore the 5 games they asked me to be a closer.

So I just wanted you folks to know that apparently there is a way to add new pitch types because I was concerned when it was brought up here and I was prepared to create a pitcher with 4 pitch types in MLB 17. But now that I know I should be presented with the opportunity sometime down the road. I am not worried. I am in no rush to build a MLB Hall of Fame pitcher before next week.
So with regards to pithing the fact is the system is obscure which is not good design. Either documentation needs to be provided or a public explanation needs to be applied. Simming the seasons should have 0 affect on me getting additional pitches unless they intend for us to sit for 4 or 5 years on 3 pitches in which case we should not be called up to the majors as every starter will tell you that 3 pitches is the fast way to the bullpen for LR or back to the minors.

So what this tells me is either this training is incredibly rare or there is a bug in the system which with SDS would not surprise me in the least. But without documentation of how to gain a new pitch you have no idea of if the system is working or not.

Finally with how gradual training is in this mode you are going to need to start working on the 4th pitch very early in your first year because you will not be able to delay being called up to the majors on simple stat growth alone. In 17 and 16 you could delay getting called up by working solely on your pitches because of how slow your stat growth was relative to your hard stats like bb/9.

Now I could see some logic of starting developing the pitch in the off season which is why I started simming to see if that was what was going to happen and also I was trying to see how the training would go since if it is random like so much of RTTS is this year with regards to training I will be making sure to get at least one of my choice pitches.

Now I could easily cook up a rookie with the 5 pitches I want in 17 but that does not get around the base issue I see right now which is a possibly bugged system and there are plenty of people who sim their AA and AAA seasons I tend no to. But if what you said is true this would wrongfully target those who do that and when they get to the majors they get their faces pushed in.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #27
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
The bigger issue, is them forcing you into a role not related to your initial archetype. I get it if you change me to a position that's listed as one in the archetype I chose. It is the exact same thing that has happened every year, the difference however, is the archetypes being in the fold. If it happened in the past, eh, no big deal I can still make the player I want.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:16 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
The bigger issue, is them forcing you into a role not related to your initial archetype. I get it if you change me to a position that's listed as one in the archetype I chose. It is the exact same thing that has happened every year, the difference however, is the archetypes being in the fold. If it happened in the past, eh, no big deal I can still make the player I want.

However there is nothing I can do about it.

I only came here to tell people that apparently there is a way to add additional pitch types though I have yet to see it because I am well behind many people here.

I am in no rush to get to the MLB by next week and if it takes me all summer to get out of AA and then all of 2019 to finally make it to The Show, it will be a pretty interesting journey ... for me ... perhaps not for others, but for me it will. If I want to experience MLB stadiums and players right now, there are several alternative game modes I could play outside of RTTS.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:

However there is nothing I can do about it.

I only came here to tell people that apparently there is a way to add additional pitch types though I have yet to see it because I am well behind many people here.

I am in no rush to get to the MLB by next week and if it takes me all summer to get out of AA and then all of 2019 to finally make it to The Show, it will be a pretty interesting journey ... for me ... perhaps not for others, but for me it will. If I want to experience MLB stadiums and players right now, there are several alternative game modes I could play outside of RTTS.
Again it is not about rush. Your hard stats like BB/9 will be grown so fast that you will likely be dragged up by the middle/end of your second season due to it taking 4 times less investment in your pitches stats to move them up. BB/9 and co will easily drag you up into the majors well before your pitches are ready especially if your stuck making a character in mlb 18. I would typically have 4 pitches on my pitchers. By the time I was pulled up from AAA in the middle of my second season each of them being around 70 since I would only invest in the hard stats until stam was 75, X/9 were between 45-55 and I would not touch fielding beyond putting my speed to 15. Then once I hit the majors or the pitches were in their 70's I would turn around and bump up X/9. Otherwise you get dragged into the majors too soon with either poorly developed pitches or low X/9 and get creamed. This year you do not have that ability. So you will be in the mlb far sooner than you should be.

This is a matter of being ready for the majors when on sheer stats alone you will be dragged up. By the end of my 3rd season my stats are so high I am effectively the best pitcher on the staff. This is simply due to inflated X/9's my pitches are what I would term ready for AAA. Both my FB's are good but change needs a bit more work but that is due to RNG with the training. The problem is when you run around with 3 pitches you can easily have your pattern figured out and yes the AI will do that. Typically I have a cutter + slider/slurve to open the otherside of the plate with a 2/4seamer and hard change (usually the circle) for inside work (if I add a 5th its usually to shore up a hole in the speed gradient). But even with all the stats I have right now I am simming with a high 4's ERA. Why? no 4th pitch.

So yes this is a fundamental issue and I should not have to load up a pitcher from mlb 17 to overcome SDS's own stupidity.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:00 PM   #30
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

I see people asking this, but can't find an answer. Is there a point in your career where you combine the archetype you started with, with another one.

Does anybody know if this true?
Old 03-25-2018, 07:07 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
I see people asking this, but can't find an answer. Is there a point in your career where you combine the archetype you started with, with another one.

Does anybody know if this true?
Honestly not a clue we barely know anything about their "new" system because there is little to no documentation beyond what they have shown us. That said I would doubt it. Since the whole system looks rushed. The issues with pitching alone shows this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #32
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomnova
Honestly not a clue we barely know anything about their "new" system because there is little to no documentation beyond what they have shown us. That said I would doubt it. Since the whole system looks rushed. The issues with pitching alone shows this.
I'm trying to figure out how to beat the system. For instance I want to be a defensive canon, but get moved to first base. I'm now going to try starting as a power corner and see if they move me to RF where I can actually be what I want. I hate I have to do this, but I'm trying to get out of the hole they dug me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »