Home

Huge Flaw in RTTS

This is a discussion on Huge Flaw in RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 06:20 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Huge Flaw in RTTS

It looks to me like creating a player in 17 and importing him to 18 is the only viable way of playing RTTS this year, but even that, for me, probably isn't going to work. I liked having control over my own progression. I could get my player's attributes to just the right place that I like, a spot where he isn't too good and he isn't too bad either. For me, there us such a thing as too good. I don't have fun if I my guy can hit .400 and hit 60 homers without me even thinking about it. There's no sense of accomplishment in that. At the same time, I don't like it when I can't break .275 no matter how hard I concentrate, either. There's a sweet spot. The manual training points application allowed me to find that sweet spot (without having to fuss with the sliders too much), but now, I'm at the mercy of the game's auto application and caps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 07:37 AM   #42
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomnova
They did this in 17 as well. It tends to last about 10-14 games and your back as a starter.

Update on the pitch selection. You can add additional pitches once you hit the majors and they are selected during your training days from other pitchers on your staff. I really really have reservations for this as the amount of time you will need to develop those pitches will result in you have a junk pitch or two for almost a year each with how RNG training currently is. So in effect your a 3 pitch starter for at least the first year of your majors assuming your other pitches are near their caps. Lets just say I made a pitcher in 17 and moved him over. At least I will have time to work on the pitches in the minors.
EDIT: THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO THE USER I QUOTED. MORE SO A PSA. ENJOY THE WORK OF ART FROM SDS
I am going to try to change the direction of minds. It seems that we all have been fed instant gratification far too long.

FLAW FAQS:
STARTING PITCHER: rumor has it you only have 3 pitch repertoire until majors where "Training sessions" with teammates will give you ability to unlock one of their pitch types.
---MY TAKE: I think its a cool idea and realistic. Your no,longer looked at as the prize of the draft. How many journeyman come into minors with 4-5 fully fleshed pitches let alone at mlb level. Most minor guys only,have 3 pitches good enough to get outs first few years in bigs anyways UNLESS YOU'RE THE PRIZE OF THE DRAFT CLASS. its definitely different but its realistic and a fun new way to approach RTTS and career development. We have been spoiled with having mike trout/Kershaw caliber players by the fall of our 1st season.

STARTING PITCHER TURNED TO RELIEVER: The gross gripes about this I get it i get it, I get it. You want to be the next Greg maddux or The BUM , maybe Randy Johnson. In reality on the way to show you very well could be asked to switch roles in the,bullpen. ALA AROLDIS CHAPMAN STARTER, RELIEVER CLOSER.. The odds of these changes being permanent over a career I've never heard or seen.

Accept the role change dominate and by the time you actually reach that 1.000 -2.000 mlb service time I'm sure you'll be the exact player you want to be.

This year its going to take time and willingness to be the arch star you want to be.

Rome was not built in a day.

POSITION PLAYERS: how many guys in real life come in as this position and move too many others through out there career.
Who ever thought Chase utley and Ryan Braun would become first basemen?

Or the catcher swihart ?
Nothing is permanent.

So much anger and whining and guys really have only played about as much as Mejia (indians catcher) in the bigs but want to scream and shout why am I not the every day Gary Sanchez.

Also the WORK AROUND:

DOWNLOAD OSFM OFFSEASON UPDATE 9
MAKE ROAD TTS ON 17.. YOU CAN PORT IT WITHOUT PLAYING A GAME ..WITH A FREE YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT (17 SEASON) OR PLAYER LOCK ANF BE GOD OF ALL DECISION IN FRANCHISE MODE.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 03-26-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
EDIT: THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TO THE USER I QUOTED. MORE SO A PSA. ENJOY THE WORK OF ART FROM SDS
I am going to try to change the direction of minds. It seems that we all have been fed instant gratification far too long.

FLAW FAQS:
STARTING PITCHER: rumor has it you only have 3 pitch repertoire until majors where "Training sessions" with teammates will give you ability to unlock one of their pitch types.
---MY TAKE: I think its a cool idea and realistic. Your no,longer looked at as the prize of the draft. How many journeyman come into minors with 4-5 fully fleshed pitches let alone at mlb level. Most minor guys only,have 3 pitches good enough to get outs first few years in bigs anyways UNLESS YOU'RE THE PRIZE OF THE DRAFT CLASS. its definitely different but its realistic and a fun new way to approach RTTS and career development. We have been spoiled with having mike trout/Kershaw caliber players by the fall of our 1st season.

STARTING PITCHER TURNED TO RELIEVER: The gross gripes about this I get it i get it, I get it. You want to be the next Greg maddux or The BUM , maybe Randy Johnson. In reality on the way to show you very well could be asked to switch roles in the,bullpen. ALA AROLDIS CHAPMAN STARTER, RELIEVER CLOSER.. The odds of these changes being permanent over a career I've never heard or seen.

Accept the role change dominate and by the time you actually reach that 1.000 -2.000 mlb service time I'm sure you'll be the exact player you want to be.

This year its going to take time and willingness to be the arch star you want to be.

POSITION PLAYERS: how many guys in real life come in as this position and move too many others through out there career.

Or the catcher swihart ?
Nothing is permanent.

So much anger and whining and guys really have only played about as much as Mejia (indians catcher) in the bigs but want to scream and shout why am I not the every day Gary Sanchez.

Also the WORK AROUND:

MAKE ROAD TTS ON 17.. YOU CAN PORT IT WITHOUT PLAYING A GAME ..WITH A FREE YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT (17 SEASON) OR PLAYER LOCK ANF BE GOD OF ALL DECISION IN FRANCHISE MODE.

Just so I'm clear, what you posted there came directly from SDS?
Old 03-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #44
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23

FLAW FAQS:

Or the catcher swihart ?
Nothing is permanent.

Also the WORK AROUND:

Nice idea King but it does not work in RTTS, especially THIS YEAR. When you change positions if you do not change your archetype too it hinders your progression. When we pick our Archetypes, we want those archetypes, not for the game to say "hey we want you to change now".

And it's not team based. This literally is scripted into every team you play for. I re-did RTTS like 10 times and had 10 different teams and I was asked to change every single time.

This also doesn't even remotely help the fact that this mode and the game itself evaluates you on your OVR, not stats and your performance which is the way it should be. When I was a 3rd baseman, my first year stats through over 300 plate appearances on All-Star difficulty were off the charts.

But I was not called up for a LONG time, and when I was, it was straight to MLB instead of AAA. It was on the Orioles. Machado was playing SS and there was another 3rd baseman who also could play SS was sitting on the bench for Machado. But my OVR was like 62. It didn't make sense. No one was injured.

Also, I won't even get into stat tracking for the minors which doesn't exist. That's another thread.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #45
Rookie

And how does a player playing the game the way he wants to play it make him "spoiled"? He spent his own hard earned money on the game. What if he wants to be the next Trout or Kershaw? He should have the choice to give it a go. Instead, we are being told 'you have to live the life of a grinder from the start. If you work hard enough, with a little luck, you could become Johnny Damon. But that's your only choice. Don't like It? Play franchise mode.'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #46
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I asked someone from SDS regarding how new pitch types could be added in our RTTS pitchers and here is what he said: "New pitches should be offered as Training Focus choices at random a little further into your first season".

So don't sim games otherwise you could miss the opportunity.

You can aim. Training Focus opportunities pause simulation and allow you to choose a focus. As a pitcher, you will be given a chance to add a new pitch.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:48 AM   #47
Pro

I imported a player that I created just before the showcase from 17. I used 40K stubs/training points to build him up before the import. It's Semi bearable this way but there are still issues. It's almost impossible to build hitting points. You are penalized basically for not ripping a hit in every at bat. It makes it almost impossible to increase the attribute unless you do it with off day training which there is not enough. It's a silly setup considering baseball is a game you fail at 70% of the time. Also.... I'm currently dealing with an issue with my Fielding cap. I'm currently at a soft cap max in the 60's and can't get the game to give me the option on the off day training to increase the cap so I can continue to move toward the overall max. This has been the case from about the halfway point of year 1 to mid april in the following year. SOOOO frustrating to watch the fielding points go to waste cause I have no control over raising the cap.

I'm generally optimistic, positive, and cool with a facelift or changes to the game but so far.... not feeling this new system. You have NO control over your development. Constantly fighting with yourself as you are trying to overachieve every game to earn points with a player who is underdeveloped. I'm cool with archetypes....but give me the option to develop the archetypes how I want to. I can't buy training points with stubs and I'm cool with it.... but let me put my points that I DO earn on what I want to develop.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #48
Pro

Couple more things....

I feel sorry for a person who starts from scratch to build a player. I'll be curious to see how long it actually takes someone to "grind" an archetype to it's max potential. I personally have nowhere close to the kind of time it will take to accomplish that.

Finally - I experienced the whole move from corner infielder to 1B. I reluctantly went along with it in my interactions with the manager but voiced the reluctance when given the opportunity. I was moved back to corner outfielder (LF) after about 2 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »