Home

Madden is FINALLY doing it. Time for the show to follow suit

This is a discussion on Madden is FINALLY doing it. Time for the show to follow suit within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2018, 11:57 PM   #49
Pro

shark547's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden is FINALLY doing it. Time for the show to follow suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This actually burned me in franchise on a fluke play (I use auto baserunning).

The batter-runner was pulling into second with a sure double so he did that leisurely "walk the last 5 feet" thing.

But the throw got away and went right towards where he was lollygagging. Result? A tag out thanks to no hustle (why is that animation in the game) and the fluke bad throw going right there.
I am on autofielding now because it was costing me too many games.

Baserunning is getting close. I am still controlling it, but, I feel like the game will run me in to outs. Do the runners still try to go home on plays they have no chance of making it on?

I have only had 3 really wonky plays so far on autofielding. Ball hits the bag at 1st and goes over Bellinger's head. Puig runs to the line 10 feet in front of the ball and ignores it. Bellinger ran all the way out from 1st to get it. It was only about 15 feet from the RF wall.....

Second one. Ball right to Bellinger...he vacates the space where he was stationed...then the second baseman runs all the way over to the foul line to get it and the runner is safe.

3rd one SS takes the ball at second on a gounder right at the bag...and runs around it for a couple seconds before he finally steps on it and misses out on the double play. Not a game changer. Just annoying. Good to see the computer can't do it either....lol

I was going to post the videos, but, I can't figure out how to do it.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:56 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I tell ya, I wish the Show had Madden's number of sales, but that owes to the popularity of football in America. Not the quality of what EA does. But just exactly why is this so important for the Show to implement? Would it really make the game greatly better, or is this something that would fall into one of those small incremental gains? I'm just not hyped that it would do anything worthwhile, unless it would do something for manual fielding, which I'm not going to change from auto for any reason. I really like getting the same feeling as IRL pitchers in having to trust that your teammates have your back. I suppose maybe it could also do something for baserunning, which might be a positive. I use auto on that too, but I might rather enjoy it more with manual if the setup was easier. When I'm at the plate, it's more than enough job just to focus on hitting without having to micromanage & multitask.

TLDR - shooting bull & chewing fat.

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 05-28-2018 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
Baserunning is getting close. I am still controlling it, but, I feel like the game will run me in to outs. Do the runners still try to go home on plays they have no chance of making it on?
They do, sadly - and they advance a lot of WP as if they don't understand catchers are better at handling them now. It's like they are using the last year's "We can move up every time the catcher doesn't catch it cleanly" instead of this year's improved catcher reactions.

Which is just as I feared.

That said, I try to take control in just those situations, doing R1 ASAP unless the lead runner is a burner in WP situations and telling the runner to hold at third and not take too many stupid chances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #52
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
They do, sadly - and they advance a lot of WP as if they don't understand catchers are better at handling them now. It's like they are using the last year's "We can move up every time the catcher doesn't catch it cleanly" instead of this year's improved catcher reactions.

Which is just as I feared.

That said, I try to take control in just those situations, doing R1 ASAP unless the lead runner is a burner in WP situations and telling the runner to hold at third and not take too many stupid chances.
I forgot to add...getting tagged out like that is brutal!

Ok, that sucks. I remember runners with 14 speed trying to go home on balls to the outfield and being out by 40 feet...lol

Maybe I will try auto running and stop them when the need arises. That might be better in the long run than the station to station I play now.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #53
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

I started with 8-bit games... 16-bit.. 32-bit..

... I care a lot more whether a game plays well, as opposed to how it looks.

MLBTS plays extremely well. I can live with goofy animations here and there. I'd much rather they focus on the game modes, and their depth, rather than apply a new coat of paint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »