Home

Official MLB 19 the Show Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on Official MLB 19 the Show Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #425
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 19 the Show Trade Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
You think? I think they have the ability to be open when you consider what they have with Robertson and Adames. Anderson is looking pretty impressive as well, going into age 25 and still having five years of control.

I completely understand how high people are on Franco though and if he puts on weight, he could easily shift over to the 3rd. I don't know, it's something to think about. Without giving up Franco, I don't think they could pull Anderson. But I could see them riding out their opportunity to put him in the Outfield because does look like a future all-star.
Franco is a generational talent who could potentially be the face of the franchise or even baseball for a long time. He was as high as number 3 in some of the top 100 lists this year, at the age of 17. He's as exciting a prospect as the Rays have pretty much ever had. I don't think you give up on a player like that unless you are getting someone who is almost guaranteed to make a monumental difference to your franchise.

Brian Anderson is a decent player with a ton of control who had one decent season that has massively overinflated his value in that formula, he's pretty much Joey Wendle but a couple of years younger. I might be harsh, but I don't know if he'd even get in their outfield. I don't think he even is a sure fire upgrade at 3rd, over Daniel Robertson and Wendle. He's not exactly Kris Bryant.

Maybe I'm wrong and he ends up being a guy who does more than hitting about 15 homers with a .750 ops, but he seems to me like a guy who's massively overvalued and not someone you give up a haul for unless he proves a hell of a lot more than he has so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #426
Rookie

BertmanT5's Arena

OVR: 1

Looking at the Cubs and Orioles Givens swap has me thinking about my Baltimore franchise, seeing as it's the trade deadline. The three contenders in my Franchise that make most sense are the Rays the Dodgers and the Mariners; they each lead their division by a small margin and could use some form of help. All three are division leaders and could use the help. The Cubs and Diamondbacks would also make sense.

As for how Givens has performed, he had a horrendous April, like mid 5 ERA and 1.75ish WHIP. He's since stabilized and his ERA is back down to the 3.30's, with his control being more consistent. His strikeouts are up again as well.

The Mariners on paper make the most sense, as their pen needs the most help. But I like the potential returns of the Dodgers or Rays. Givens would stabilize the 7th/8th for them.

Thoughts? I'm looking for who, in theory, would put together the best offer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2019, 03:29 PM   #427
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Franco is a generational talent who....
On further review, I ended up agreeing with your sentiment on the Rays and Franco. We don't agree about Anderson but that is okay. That is the point of the thread, without taking the time to further look into Tampa Bay's impression of Franco, I would have let the trade slide. You prompted me to look into it and I ultimately came out of the other side feeling like the deal would have to be reworked.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #428
Rookie

Quote:
Unless someone has an immediate objection to these I'm going to pull the trigger on them. I'm ready to get back into my franchise.
I might do that Indians/A's trade myself! Could use a starter in Oakland!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #429
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertmanT5
Looking at the Cubs and Orioles Givens swap has me thinking about my Baltimore franchise, seeing as it's the trade deadline. The three contenders in my Franchise that make most sense are the Rays the Dodgers and the Mariners; they each lead their division by a small margin and could use some form of help. All three are division leaders and could use the help. The Cubs and Diamondbacks would also make sense.

As for how Givens has performed, he had a horrendous April, like mid 5 ERA and 1.75ish WHIP. He's since stabilized and his ERA is back down to the 3.30's, with his control being more consistent. His strikeouts are up again as well.

The Mariners on paper make the most sense, as their pen needs the most help. But I like the potential returns of the Dodgers or Rays. Givens would stabilize the 7th/8th for them.

Thoughts? I'm looking for who, in theory, would put together the best offer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
My first bit of advice would be to review their farms and see who has a guy you'd like to bring over. An effective Givens gives you around 27M in surplus to work with, so it should be enough to start a package with a guy near the bottom of the Top 100 or right outside. To give you a general idea, these guys could be the biggest name in a small package return:

Tampa Bay: Ronaldo Hernandez
Seattle: Evan White or Justin Dunn
Los Angeles (NL): Tony Gonsolin or Dennis Santana

Out of that group of three, I personally would lean Seattle.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #430
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
On further review, I ended up agreeing with your sentiment on the Rays and Franco. We don't agree about Anderson but that is okay. That is the point of the thread, without taking the time to further look into Tampa Bay's impression of Franco, I would have let the trade slide. You prompted me to look into it and I ultimately came out of the other side feeling like the deal would have to be reworked.
I think it's one of those things where you are always a bit high on your own guys, but I just don't see him as a significant upgrade on what we have. (I am way too high on D.Rob, but he was on target for a monster year last year before he was hurt) I'm crazy excited about Franco though, he's going to be our switch hitting, not obese, Vlad.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #431
MVP

OVR: 11

Whats a deal for Fulmer to Atlanta? Soroka, Ian Anderson/Beck/Muller?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #432
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Not going to double speak on things. Serendipity has done amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldarmy13
Am I the only one who, if in a franchise as the Yankees, can’t make a deal for anyone with facial hair? Breaks their policy
No...I cannot stand players that have facial hair on the Yankees!
Quote:
Alright, I'm going to throw out some trade propositions that I'm mulling over in my current Franchise. Before I do so, I'm providing an image that will reflect the current standings as of July 14th.

I'm going to have to be creative here as there were some unpredictable outcomes. The White Sox are red hot and pretty well in control of the Central currently. The Diamondbacks should be sellers but Greinke and Ray are both out for the season with torn rotator cuffs. Philadelphia should be buying to compete but Harper is out for the season with a torn achilles tendon. Same goes for Tampa Bay who lost Kiermaier and Pham for the season. Here is what I'm hashing out, let me know what you guys think. Definitely some overpays in here but I think they can be justified with context.

These all look fine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
Whats a deal for Fulmer to Atlanta? Soroka, Ian Anderson/Beck/Muller?
Fulmer is worth around $60 million if I remember correctly.

Soroka at $32.2 and Anderson at $19.7. That leaves around $9 million left. So someone along the line of Beck/Muller is perfect. However, I would send a hitter along with Soroka and Anderson, maybe Jenista?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »