Home

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #401
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUoak
Wrapping up the All Star Break the 2019 Dodgers (67-31) sit on top the NL West with a 10 game lead over the Giants (56-41). Ross Stripling continues to lead the MLB in ERA, something he’s done all year.

C. Stern, W. Buehler, R. Stripling, K. Jansen, and C. Bellinger were all voted to the NL All-Star Team, with C. Stern earning the start. The NL won 12-6.

Rotation:
C. Kershaw, 12-4, 2.82
C. Stern, 9-4, 2.16
W. Buehler, 10-4, 2.16
R. Stripling, 8-3, 1.79
J. Urias, 8-3, 3.43

Pen:
R. Hill, 1-3, 4.10
D. Otero, 1-0, 2.40
D. Floro, 6-0, 3.02
J. Smith, 3-2, 3.32
R. Madson, 1-1, 2.79
K. Maeda, 5-3, 5.83
J. Fields, 2-2, 2.48
K. Jansen, 1-1, 3.29, 31 saves

Lineup:
2B: C. Taylor, 9 HR, 40 RBI, .296
3B: K. Hernandez, 10 HR, 25 RBI, .231
SS: C. Seager, 6 HR, 41 RBI, .299
CF: C. Bellinger, 24 HR, 64 RBI, .305
1B: M. Muncy, 20 HR, 49 RBI, .272
LF: M. Conforto, 6 HR, 18 RBI, .241
RF: Y. Puig, 16 HR, 45 RBI, .262
C: A. Barnes, 8 HR, 28 RBI, .262

Bench:
C- K. Suzuki, 2 HR, 8 RBI, .262
IF-B. Lowe, 3 HR, 10 RBI, .300
OF-A. Toles, 5 HR, 19 RBI, .250
3B J. Turner, 11 HR, 36 RBI, .333
J. Pederson, 13 HR, 31 RBI, .235

Current IL:
60 Days:
3B J. Turner, Fractured Hand (34 days)
C- JP Fullerton, Fractured Arm (2 days)
SP- Yadier Alvarez, Torn Finger Ligament (5 days)
SP- Dylan Baker, Broken Hand (8 days)
RP- Pedro Baez, Broken Hand (50 days)
C- Keibert Ruiz, Broken Finger (54 days)
RP- Andres Dorward, Torn Pectoral (45 days)

Some Notable Trades from Around the League:

In a move to bolster their lineup and attempt to close the gap in the NL West, the Rockies (55-41) trade 1B Ryan McMahon and RP Sam Zimmer to the Royals (38-58) for 1B Whit Merrifield (.266, 10 HR, 37 RBI).

Tigers (36-59) acquire 3B Travis Shaw (.270, 17 HR, 46 RBI) rom the Brewers (47-50) for SP Michael Fulmer.

Yankees acquire CF Billy Hamilton from the Reds for CF Estevan Florial, RP Jose Mesa and SP Albert Abreu.

NL Central: Cubs up 15.5 games over Brewers
NL East: Mets up 7.5 games over Nationals
AL East: Red Sox up 9.0 games over Yankees
AL Central: Indians up 8.5 games over Twins
AL West: Mariners up 1.0 games over Angels

Best Record: Dodgers 67-32
Worst Record: Orioles 27-71

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

In my Franchise, my Cubs Kris Bryant and the Dodgers Cody Bellinger basically trade off MVPs from season to season. Bellinger wasn't in my original roster set so I had to add him in when he burst on to the scene in real life. I'm glad I did because he is trending towards a HOF career in my little baseball universe. Bellinger has had two 50 homeruns seasons and just had a 48 HR 140+ RBI 2024 season.

Last edited by SFNiners816; 04-18-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #402
Rookie

ECUoak's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRileyC
Jesus Christ, your rotation is filthy.

I need to enjoy it while I can. They’re young so they’ll be wanting $$$ soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #403
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Padres in, lost opener 5-3. Mustered 5 hits, doubles by Will and Kelsey, and 2 homers by Albies. Joel Benjamin struggles with the long ball, 3 homers two to Myers and one to Franmil Reyes. Long reliever Enoch Westover continues to be solid out of the pen, even tho his attributes aren’t that outstanding, 2.57 era.

Game two: what happens when your macular degeneration isn’t flaring up...........Atlanta crushes SD 23-0. My managerial contract extended for life.

22 hits, a hot Acuna 5-5. Mike Will had 3 doubles, Albies a triple. Acuna who has had a drought smacked three homers, Albies, Hougard and Markakis had one each. Toussaint went 6, struck out 8. Crockett worked 3 striking out 4.

Game 3 headline: Management says they were just joking about life time contract.

Fell 6-1. Teheran falls to 4-3, era 5.04.

And that’s a rap. Again, I will not be appearing with Mad Dog Russo.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 04-18-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #404
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Blue Jays 2020 Trade Deadline Action Report

The Blue Jays an odd move right at the deadline, trading away Travis D'Arnaud for prospects. On the surface it seems out of place for a team clearly earmarked for the playoffs to trade away a current MLB producer for future assets, but the Blue Jays were caught in an awkward situation, and this was just their way of making lemonade.

The Blue Jays caught the injury bug early in the season, with both their DH/OF Jarome Mauzoul and platoon 3B Tommy Reidling going down for significant stretches. At the time, it was decided that Kurt Williams would be one of the players to be called up. Williams has struggled during his tenure on the team, but he showed signs of improvement in spring, leading the Jays to decide to take a risk and keep him. He then became a star player down in Buffalo, practically carrying the team to an early winning record. Once called up, he continued with the hot bat, all while providing above average defense behind the plate.

When Reilding and Mauzoul returned, there was suddenly a situation. William's performance justified his staying on the team. His defense is a downgrade to D'Arnaud, but his bat is just to hot to ignore. The Jays also have options issues with most of their bench, including Williams. D'Arnaud could have been sent down, kept in the wings in case of further injury, but the Jays have another option that fits that bill in Jonathan Blanco, and it would be a wast to keep a guy on the final year of his contract (and likely not returning) down in the minors.

So instead the Blue Jays trade D'Arnaud and get tradable assets in return. It's better then getting nothing, and it puts the Blue Jays in a stronger position once the World Series is over to go after the top players picked in the 2020 draft. The Blue Jays have made no secret of the fact that they want to trade away many of their near ready pieces for younger and higher potential talent. They already have a young core established at the MLB level, and are looking for more sustainability over short term help. These pieces brought in for D'Arnaud will help insure these trades happen.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #405
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

I think I mentioned this on this thread but each season I kinda assign a particular look for each team. For 2025, I've decided that I'm just gonna give each team one look for home and one look for the road and kinda tone it down of the multiple alternate jerseys. I'm gonna use the different Ball caps as a way to mix it up a bit. For example with my Cubs, the Block C will always be the primary cap but I also use the BP alt 2 cap with the angry 80's cubbie bear on (this is actually my favorite Cub Logo).

Also for 2025, I have a few stadium/team moves. The Miami Marlins are now the Florida Marlins again and will play in Pro Player Stadium. The Nationals are now gonna be the Montreal Expos and play in the newly vacated Miami stadium. This stadium with its newly blue motif fits a would be new Montreal team especially with the roof closed (well, if you can ignore the fish...I can). With that said here are my NL uniform assignments for 2025:

Central
Cubs - H: Default White Striped A: Default Grey
Cardinals - H: Off white Home Alts A:Baby Blue Road Alts
Pirates - H: 1994 White A: 1994 Grey (Always loved the cursive script)
Brewers - H:1982 Home Alts A:1993 Grey
Reds - H: 1975 White A: 1975 Grey

East
Braves - H: Default White A:New Navy top w/ Grey pants
Phillies - H: 1974 White striped A:1974 Baby Blue
Mets - H: 1986 Racing Striped White A: 1986 Racing Striped Grey
*Expos - H: 1993 White Striped A: 1993 Grey
Marlins - H: 1993 Sleeveless White Striped A: 1993 Grey

West
Giants - H: 1947 White Top with Default White pants A: Default Road alt (one with the interlocking SF)
Dodgers - H: Default White A: Default Grey
Padres - H: 1998 White Striped A: 1998 Grey
Rockies - H: Purple alt with White Pants A: 1993 Black Home with Grey pants
DBacks - H: 2001 Sleeveless White Striped A: 2001 Sleeveless Grey Striped

So consider this my 2025 MLB style guide for my just started season.

Last edited by SFNiners816; 04-18-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #406
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Reds franchise and I’m rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #407
Rookie

Someone talk me off the ledge: I just finished my 6th game of my franchise and I think maybe I didn’t let the dynamic difficulty level out enough (I played ~8-10 games beforehand) bc I’m 5-1 and crushing the ball, already 5 HRs with Harper and not being tested all that much on the mound either except with my lower end pitchers. Should I ride it out?
Old 04-18-2019, 06:09 PM   #408
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Someone talk me off the ledge: I just finished my 6th game of my franchise and I think maybe I didn’t let the dynamic difficulty level out enough (I played ~8-10 games beforehand) bc I’m 5-1 and crushing the ball, already 5 HRs with Harper and not being tested all that much on the mound either except with my lower end pitchers. Should I ride it out?
I had the same thing sorta happen. Won my first 4 games of the season then the wheels kinda came off, lost 4 in a row before finally hanging on to a win. I would let it ride for a bit.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »