Home

MLB The Show 21 March to October Improvements in New Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 March to October Improvements in New Teaser Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #25
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB The Show 21 March to October Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
You really think MTO is there to introduce people to what franchise mode is? I look at is as somebody had an idea, “hey, let’s shorten the game and we’ll make these interesting scenarios”. Baseball has interesting scenarios all throughout a 9 inning game mixed in with blow outs, etc. Does MTO start you in the 6th inning down 10-1, or up 11-2?
I think for people who normally wouldn’t be franchise players (for whatever reasons) the idea of playing a quicker mode like MTO, playing through key moments, and seeing results (good or bad) might get them more invested in their team, sure. That makes perfect sense. Then if they get invested in that team, the option is there to then keep it going in a full franchise save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
To me it’s just a waste of resources that could be spent on franchise mode.
What specifically hasn’t been improved in franchise because of March to October?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2021, 04:34 PM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 March to October Improvements in New Teaser Trailer

I think it sucks. Gave it plenty of chances.

It is a crappy mode for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #27
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I think for people who normally wouldn’t be franchise players (for whatever reasons) the idea of playing a quicker mode like MTO, playing through key moments, and seeing results (good or bad) might get them more invested in their team, sure. That makes perfect sense. Then if they get invested in that team, the option is there to then keep it going in a full franchise save.

What specifically hasn’t been improved in franchise because of March to October?
Don’t understand how these scenarios get them invested, especially if they are losing. Didn’t say franchise hasn’t been umproved, but it needs improvements.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #28
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

It's not my thing but I've ran thru a few of them getting affinity points. Not that bad. It's just a chill version of franchise. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-16-2021, 04:43 PM   #29
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan

Probably not what you're talking about but I believe the trade hub thing is only in MTO, not Franchise... Watch the depth chart thing only be in MTO but Idk those years at the top, maybe not.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:44 PM   #30
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Very necessary fix to make prospects relevant in this mode, outside of trades.* Think of the impact that guys like Luis Robert and so many others made pretty quickly.* Glad to see those future faces of franchise get some love.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:58 PM   #31
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Probably not what you're talking about but I believe the trade hub thing is only in MTO, not Franchise... Watch the depth chart thing only be in MTO but Idk those years at the top, maybe not.
Yeah, this was disappointing. Hopefully they heard people and have any future changes like that in both MTO and full franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #32
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Honestly, the mode might be alright if they uncoupled it from DD so it wasn't default rosters and ridiculously janky sliders. (and the incredibly obvious comeback code stuff in the playoff games where you end up feeling like you have zero control over what is happening)

Even then though, this mode is arcade, it's not any attempt at realism or longevity. It's all about winning the world series that one season, not about any kind of project. The worse a team you use, it's just like playing on a harder difficulty, you are still all or nothing for the world series just with less margin for error. It's all about winning the WS and getting some points for your DD team.

I completed it with maybe 4 teams last year and honestly hated it most of the time, it's just not a fun experience in the way it plays, the things it wants you to do or the way it feels.

For all the talk of it being good for franchise mode or a gateway (I'd be stunned if anyone completed a second season with the mess it leaves after a MTO season), it simply isn't. The resources that were supposed to go to franchise were instead spent building this. The resources that continue to be given to it are resources not given to franchise. The reality is that SDS care more about a mode they can link to DD than they do a mode they can't, so that's why this exists and why franchise continues to be neglected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »