Home

MLB The Show 21 Quick Q&A Video - March to October & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Quick Q&A Video - March to October & Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #25
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB The Show 21 Quick Q&A - March to October & Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
At least they made the decision to not buy the game at launch an easy one. I personally see no reason to buy the game at full price, or potentially at all this year, if franchise mode remains largely unchanged. We'll see what Thursday has in store for us, but I'm not expecting much.

Unless the logic has improved in franchise mode tremendously, I don't see any reason for me to get 21. It's a shame that even though baseball and football are my number 1 and 2 favorite sports, I end up buying and playing 2k for my sports fix because EA and SCEA have a target audience that I'm apparently not a part of. Fortunately us baseball fans have OOTP as an alternative if we desire well made franchise mode that has depth and competent AI.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
2K progression breaks like 2 years into the game haha. The progression is totally busted and without 30 team control and constantly editing rosters, MyLeague turns into a mess of dumb rosters and goofed up ratings (plus the obvious contract issues, dudes never wanting to sign off rookie deals, etc. etc.)

But if you're saying it's not due to franchise mode specifically and the vibes 2K is trying to pull off, then fair enough. 2K does try to add stuff to franchise mode -- and does technically add more stuff than anyone else so you can give applause for effort -- but it's a broken mess.

(And this isn't to defend The Show because they've obviously failed in the franchise mode department in recent years, I just thought it was weird to say 2K hits the spot when I have not been able to get like even 3 years into an enjoyable franchise in 2K for a couple years now due to major, major issues that are such a pain to manage -- and are as obvious as they ever have been this year -- which sucks because it's my most played game every year due to being an NBA fiend.)

Last edited by ChaseB; 03-30-2021 at 11:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2021, 11:11 AM   #26
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely a bit more excited about Thursday's stream now. Obviously logic updates aren't the sexiest features to show off, but they are much needed. Hopefully lineup/bullpen logic made its way into Franchise as well since Ramone only mentioned it for MTO.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 03-30-2021, 11:17 AM   #27
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Honestly I think OD and franchise stream on the same day is just a coincidence.
This and it being on April fools have been brought up so many times. It doesn’t matter. They did every Thursday and this stream happened to land on April 1st opening day
Old 03-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #28
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

OVR: 1

Realistically, what new additions to Franchise do some of you want? Emphasis on the realistically part. I primarily play franchise. I can't think of too many things it needs. A fresh coat of paint and improved logic is always welcomed. As far as features go, it is really well fleshed out. I'm not saying it is perfect or couldn't be improved, but exactly what are some of you looking for?
Old 03-30-2021, 11:21 AM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMaGotes
Realistically, what new additions to Franchise do some of you want? Emphasis on the realistically part. I primarily play franchise. I can't think of too many things it needs. A fresh coat of paint and improved logic is always welcomed. As far as features go, it is really well fleshed out. I'm not saying it is perfect or couldn't be improved, but exactly what are some of you looking for?
Here you go

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-mode.html

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-30-2021, 11:22 AM   #30
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Re-working the budget and contract negotiation along with their mentioning preparing for the future, or however its worded, has me holding onto to hope that expanded rosters are indeed in the game, for franchise mode.

While it being stated in RTTS about starting in A ball would've been an all be certainty, the fact that it wasn't mentioned doesn't completely eliminate it, since the additional roster spots are for non-playable games (ie Single A ball but players don't play games nor accumulate stats like the 10 "bonus spots" currently)

While I'm now losing hope that expanded rosters are in, I'm most certainly intrigued by the changes mentioned to budget, contracts and call up and send down, that I'm looking at my personal wishlist in regards to those things in hopes that some of my wishes can finally be crossed off the list.
One other thing...a significant budget and logic re-work could very well not mesh with Y2Y saves....with or without roster expansion....
Old 03-30-2021, 11:24 AM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
One other thing...a significant budget and logic re-work could very well not mesh with Y2Y saves....with or without roster expansion....
Agreed.

*10 char*

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2021, 11:26 AM   #32
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
Definitely a bit more excited about Thursday's stream now. Obviously logic updates aren't the sexiest features to show off, but they are much needed. Hopefully lineup/bullpen logic made its way into Franchise as well since Ramone only mentioned it for MTO.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app
I hope so but we have seen things added only to MTO and not franchise, i.e. trade hub... Franchise badly needs bullpen logic upgrades especially since teams bullpens can go 9 deep irl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »