Home

Monitor vs TV

This is a discussion on Monitor vs TV within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2022, 10:57 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Monitor vs TV

If anyone is in the market for an OLED, I would strongly consider holding off on buying last years C1 and would purchase this years new C2 model. The biggest downfall of the C1 was it's brightness, which is SUPER important for HDR. The new C2's should be about 30% brighter. Just a heads up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #42
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't have one, but my parents bought an LG (I believe C1, maybe B1?) last year and I'll add to the growing chorus that it's awesome. I'd absolutely get one if I could afford it. Games look incredible on it, the blacks are super dark, which gives great contrast.

And I even played a few games of The Show on it when I watched the house while they were out of town last year, and the lack of lag on it compared to my tv was drastic. It took about 3 games for me to adjust and not be early on literally everything (my TV is like 12 years old and has horrible lag).

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2022, 03:31 PM   #43
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
If anyone is in the market for an OLED, I would strongly consider holding off on buying last years C1 and would purchase this years new C2 model. The biggest downfall of the C1 was it's brightness, which is SUPER important for HDR. The new C2's should be about 30% brighter. Just a heads up.
No doubt the C2 is the better TV, but it's also $600 more for the 55" compared to the C1 55''. If you have the money then go with the C2 for sure. But if price is an issue, and you still don't have a next gen system, then you can get the C1 and a PS5 or Series X for the same price. And you would still be playing on one of the best TV's on the market. You really wouldn't know what you're missing.

The prices now on the C1 are so good for a quality OLED, that's hard to pass up for 30% more brightness, especially if you play games and watch movies in a dark room. And being able to buy a next gen system with a C1 if you don't have a system for the price of the C2 is the better value. At least in my opinion.

There is also a way to make the C1 a little brighter. But if people are interested in that, they would have to do some research.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-06-2022 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2022, 03:48 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
No doubt the C2 is the better TV, but it's also $600 more for the 55" compared to the C1 55''. If you have the money then go with the C2 for sure. But if price is an issue, and you still don't have a next gen system, then you can get the C1 and a PS5 or Series X for the same price. And you would still be playing on one of the best TV's on the market. You really wouldn't know what you're missing.

The prices now on the C1 are so good for a quality OLED, that's hard to pass up for 30% more brightness, especially if you play games and watch movies in a dark room. And being able to buy a next gen system with a C1 if you don't have a system for the price of the C2 is the better value. At least in my opinion.

There is also a way to make the C1 a little brighter. But if people are interested in that, they would have to do some research.

That's one way to look at it, and probably the better option if you have neither and want both unless you have really deep pockets.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:00 PM   #45
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm
That's one way to look at it, and probably the better option if you have neither and want both unless you have really deep pockets.
Yeah, I was just throwing it out there because I know a lot of people are looking into an OLED because of the positives of one when it comes to gaming and I know a lot of people are still playing on the PS4 and Xbox One and a lot are probably wanting a next gen system.

And especially the LG OLEDs because of all the great gaming features they have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2022, 04:34 PM   #46
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

The 42" C2 is what I'd really like. Are these out yet and available? I can't find one anywhere.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

Last edited by Gagnon39; 04-08-2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #47
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

I have a CX right now but seeing the prices on the c1 are making really hard to pass. It’s my gaming tv but I also have my tv for watching sports/iRacing. My man room is really really dark.

Would make my cx my iRacing/watching tv and make c1 for ps5.

Don’t need a tv at all right now. So any recommendations? Buy C1? Do nothing? Get C2 at a later date?
Old 04-06-2022, 09:32 PM   #48
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCtchr
I have a CX right now but seeing the prices on the c1 are making really hard to pass. It’s my gaming tv but I also have my tv for watching sports/iRacing. My man room is really really dark.

Would make my cx my iRacing/watching tv and make c1 for ps5.

Don’t need a tv at all right now. So any recommendations? Buy C1? Do nothing? Get C2 at a later date?
I think with the C1 being such an affordable OLED right now makes it hard to pass up considering the new gaming features. Does the CX have the game optimizer? If not, I would jump on the C1. Yes, the C2 is better, but remember, most people considered the C1 the best TV of 2021. So at the current prices it's kinda hard to pass up.

I'm not trying to justify my purchase of the C1 to myself now that the C2 is out and it's better. I'm not disputing that at all. It's better for sure. But value for the money wise, to me, the C1 would be the way to go. Especially if you could buy the C2, because then that gives you $600 extra to buy something else if you were gonna spend that money anyway.

But if you don't need a TV then maybe wait till next year at this time and get the C2 when it's dirt cheap.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-06-2022 at 09:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »