Home

Monitor vs TV

This is a discussion on Monitor vs TV within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #49
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Monitor vs TV

Can anybody help me out here? I got an LG C1 and it’s so DARK! brightness all the way up and everything. Some of the picture settings are completely grayed out. When I unplug my Xbox they are available...then I am able to switch them to what I want.

But after I plug my Xbox back in it reverts the settings I just made and grays them out again! Any help would be wonderful.

My main issue is gamma is blurred out. It’s stuck at 2.2 and I want it at 1.9

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-09-2022, 09:19 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Monitor vs TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Can anybody help me out here? I got an LG C1 and it’s so DARK! brightness all the way up and everything. Some of the picture settings are completely grayed out. When I unplug my Xbox they are available...then I am able to switch them to what I want.

But after I plug my Xbox back in it reverts the settings I just made and grays them out again! Any help would be wonderful.

if it’s like the c7 then it is dependant on what type of input mode you have (game console/computer/etc) the actual icon on the input matters. and then the mode you pick to adjust from

as for me the small delay i get on my lg vs a monitor is huge in my batting performance. it;s only about a 20ms delay but i still can’t hit on the TV
Old 04-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #51
Rookie

I have played The Show 17-20 on my 7 year old PS4 and 13 year old Samsung TV with no issues.

I updated my tv to a LG C1 and the lag is awful. The pitching meter is unusable. I also tried to play on my ASUS gaming monitor and it's the same thing. Both play on Game Optimizer settings, and 1080P.

I ordered new 2.1HDMI cable and an HDMI-DVI cable in hopes that would work.

Anyone got any other tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:

Check this guys youtube channel, he's an expert all things regarding tv's and gaming settings. You should find what you're looking for. This is just one of many vids on settings.

https://youtu.be/t2DNCpj5mpU

Last edited by Will I Am; 04-09-2022 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2022, 02:25 PM   #53
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Check this guys youtube channel, he's an expert all things regarding tv's and gaming settings. You should find what you're looking for. This is just one of many vids on settings.

https://youtu.be/t2DNCpj5mpU
I use a modified version of these settings. So I would try them first and see what happens.

Question, did you set up HDR in the Xbox? Sorry if that seems like a silly question. But it's important. That video should show you how to do that with the C1.

Also, make sure you are in game mode. You don't need all the other settings after that. Don't worry about gamma. It will correct for that I believe.

Also, Are you using tone mapping for HDR or HGIG. HGIG is the correct setting to get HDR that isn't blown out. Again, I think he covers this in the video.

I don't know what TV you are coming from, but if it is a newer higher end non-OLED, it was probably brighter. The C1 gets to around 800 nits. But being that it has perfect blacks, the contrast should should make it look even better or at least as good as say a Samsung Qn90.

Let us know after trying Vincent's settings if that helps.

Just thought of something. Did you make sure to turn off ECO mode in the TV when you got it? If not, this could be one of the issues.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-09-2022 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:03 PM   #54
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

I set-up my C1 for my PS5 and Series X using Vincent’s settings except for the use of PC mode and the extra input lag boost option and n game optimizer mode.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t2DNCpj5mpU

Old 04-09-2022, 03:13 PM   #55
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli2Manningham
I have played The Show 17-20 on my 7 year old PS4 and 13 year old Samsung TV with no issues.

I updated my tv to a LG C1 and the lag is awful. The pitching meter is unusable. I also tried to play on my ASUS gaming monitor and it's the same thing. Both play on Game Optimizer settings, and 1080P.

I ordered new 2.1HDMI cable and an HDMI-DVI cable in hopes that would work.

Anyone got any other tips?
Since you are coming from an old TV, I wonder if you are experiencing the opposite. This is just me trying to think of a reason. The C1 has superior input lag compared to even some of the best TV's on the market.

Maybe try the ultra low latency mode or boost in game optimizer? This should lower input lag by about 3ms in 1080p 60hz. Which should make it about 7ms. That is incredibly low.

Also, you don't need a HDMI 2.1 cable as the PS4 is not capable of 120hz.

Last edited by PVarck31; 04-09-2022 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2022, 07:10 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Since you are coming from an old TV, I wonder if you are experiencing the opposite. This is just me trying to think of a reason. The C1 has superior input lag compared to even some of the best TV's on the market.

Maybe try the ultra low latency mode or boost in game optimizer? This should lower input lag by about 3ms in 1080p 60hz. Which should make it about 7ms. That is incredibly low.

Also, you don't need a HDMI 2.1 cable as the PS4 is not capable of 120hz.
Yeah nothing works for me with the lag. I've troubleshooted all day. Game lags on LG C1 and ASUS VG248QE.

Nothing makes sense to me on this. I've hardwired the controller, had both tv and monitor in game mode, changed settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »