Home

Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

This is a discussion on Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:21 AM   #121
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Because he's 21 so would have to start at 14 if he aged. Therefore if career mode fighters aged assuming 18 is the youngest you're allowed to make then the youngest fighter you'd be able to come out with would be 25.
??? If your starting from 2009 then you should make him 21 right?

Im confused...

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-18-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 02:40 AM   #122
MVP

OVR: 16

This game is awesome. I created a crazy Russian heavyweight to go into the career mode with. He's boxing/judo with the idea of being dangerous on the feet and dominant on the ground. I just went to 13-0 with a KO win over Big Nog for the title. That fight was just perfect timing for me. In the weeks leading up to it, I managed to raise my speed and conditioning to respectable levels, making me tougher to counter on the ground, and I got my judo up to level 3. That gave me the sweep that takes me from being on the defense in full guard to being on offense in side control. That was ultimately Big Nog's undoing. He took me down, I swept, mounted, controlled, and eventually connected with the KO punch from mount.

Let me say, judo is great. If someone takes me down, I've got a sweep. If I'm mounted, I can get back to standing. If someone clinches me or counters a punch, they're getting hip tossed and I'm ending up in side control. It's a great discipline if you want to keep the fight standing or if you want to ground and pound. Boxing/judo is especially lethal. Once I get my boxing up high enough to learn how to drop big hooks from the mount, it's over.

I've even managed to get one submission victory. It was over one of the scrubs, but whatever. Got me Submission of the Night. Considering I've got 12 KOs and have only gotten KO of the Night twice, going 1 for 1 on my submission was nice.

I'm having a blast with career mode. One detail that's kinda cool is your training center will change as you get more cred. You'll actually get new equipment in the gym and you can upgrade your crappy ring ultimately to a regulation UFC cage.

So far, I've been training with Greg Jackson's camp. Karo Parisyan's come to my gym a few times to help me with my judo, and now Nate Marquardt is helping me with my boxing. One great thing is you can choose which camp to associate with. It's not like one of them randomly contacts you, you can choose who to invite.

I'm really having a blast. There's certainly room for improvement, though. Mostly from the non-gameplay aspects of the game. The tattoos could be a lot better (the rest of the CAF is pretty good, though). Career mode could be more fleshed out. But all in all, as long as you're not expecting perfection, it's a really, really fun game.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #123
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7

Request

Can someone post some of the names you can give your CAF that the announcer will introduce you as?

Or point me to a place I can find em.

Trying to decide mine before I get the game on Tuesday.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #124
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
yeah,
and i forgot to mention that it's all organized into events - so it's not like you get a random newsletter that 2 guys fought, you get the results of UFC 122 - I just had my first PPV card fight against nate marquart, and on my card was franklin vs silva, kongo vs brock, and so on, so all those results will be there. and since you don't fight in every event there are results from the ones you miss too.
I'm now 15-4 losing 2 by ko and 2 by submission.

Another cool thing is my dude's rockin a bit of chest hair... I think I'm the only one who ever cared, but I'm glad it's an option. It makes your caf look more real and less fake/generic looking - also the 70% 5 o'clock shadow helps.

edit; another cool thing is Ko of the night and such - you can win it and get a bonus cred, but it's not like you get it often. I've won it once, this past ppv is was given to anderson for ko'ing franklin even though my ko was pretty bad arse.

for other who have the game: i don't want to mess up my carreer by starting a new one, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed you can't have 2 going at once. Having said that, when I choose the career option it has a picture of my fighter saying 'what fighter do you choose' - as if there could be more than one. Has anyone else tried to have multiple carreer saves and characters at once? I won't risk losing mine since I've put about 10 hours into it.
Ok stop. You're doing nothing but making the wait more difficult.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #125
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

After having plenty time with the game this weekend, didn't think I would have played it as much, was only able to play happy hours.. Anyway, this is one of the best games I have played, I mean being a huge UFC fan helps too, but everything in this game is great. The main reason why this game is so great is that you really have to have skill, there is no just button mashing going on in this game, you just will not win that way, honestly you don;t have a chance. That's the beauty of this game, of course you have to bump the level up for the game to play this way.

The graphics are a thing of beauty, not fake looking, looks so real and is just a pleasure to watch. It's just a treat guys.

Gameplay- This is were the game shines, for a first time effort, THQ needs to get major kudos, they did such a great job. You really must know your opponent and you must know the controls. If you don't you will find out the hard way, and you will get very frustrated. I'm playing on one level up from default and it's very changeling, I can't even imagine playing on any of the other levels, I may never stand a chance. That why I love this game, every fight is always a challenge. NEWS FLASH, when starting the game, please go in to the tutorial, it is needed for everyone.

The stand up game is pretty easy as far as kicking and punching, as easy as it sounds you MUST stay on defense, one good punch or kick and you arse will be out cold. Now, the ground game is another story, you must and I repeat you must learn the ground game or the first few times your on your back you will be crying for your mommy. The ground game takes some time understand and getting used to, learn it and you will be rewarding so well you will fall for this game even more. I'm still rusty around the edges, the game is hard/fun/enjoyable/and one of the best fighting game EVER. I know it's different, but this game is better then any Wrestling game THQ has ever put out, and this is there first effort.

Can't really get into Carer mode, as I just created myself last night and went through it briefly, it's very impressive, very. You will not be disappointed.

The game is addicting, hey, it even made me go out on Saturday night and picked up the best of UFC 2008 on Blu-Ray.

Bottom line is on a rating of 1-10 I give UFC a 9.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #126
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
After having plenty time with the game this weekend, didn't think I would have played it as much, was only able to play happy hours.. Anyway, this is one of the best games I have played, I mean being a huge UFC fan helps too, but everything in this game is great. The main reason why this game is so great is that you really have to have skill, there is no just button mashing going on in this game, you just will not win that way, honestly you don;t have a chance. That's the beauty of this game, of course you have to bump the level up for the game to play this way.

The graphics are a thing of beauty, not fake looking, looks so real and is just a pleasure to watch. It's just a treat guys.

Gameplay- This is were the game shines, for a first time effort, THQ needs to get major kudos, they did such a great job. You really must know your opponent and you must know the controls. If you don't you will find out the hard way, and you will get very frustrated. I'm playing on one level up from default and it's very changeling, I can't even imagine playing on any of the other levels, I may never stand a chance. That why I love this game, every fight is always a challenge. NEWS FLASH, when starting the game, please go in to the tutorial, it is needed for everyone.

The stand up game is pretty easy as far as kicking and punching, as easy as it sounds you MUST stay on defense, one good punch or kick and you arse will be out cold. Now, the ground game is another story, you must and I repeat you must learn the ground game or the first few times your on your back you will be crying for your mommy. The ground game takes some time understand and getting used to, learn it and you will be rewarding so well you will fall for this game even more. I'm still rusty around the edges, the game is hard/fun/enjoyable/and one of the best fighting game EVER. I know it's different, but this game is better then any Wrestling game THQ has ever put out, and this is there first effort.

Can't really get into Carer mode, as I just created myself last night and went through it briefly, it's very impressive, very. You will not be disappointed.

The game is addicting, hey, it even made me go out on Saturday night and picked up the best of UFC 2008 on Blu-Ray.

Bottom line is on a rating of 1-10 I give UFC a 9.
I know just from the demo alone I would rate it a 9, based on what you were talking about with "skill over button mashing".

I am going INSANE waiting for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #127
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

What difficulty level are you guys playing on?

How many different careers can you have? Someone said something about starting a new career will erase your old one? If so, can you retire your player and go online with him and then start a new one and not have to worry about it being erased? I want to play a career in each weight divison.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #128
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What difficulty level are you guys playing on?

How many different careers can you have? Someone said something about starting a new career will erase your old one? If so, can you retire your player and go online with him and then start a new one and not have to worry about it being erased? I want to play a career in each weight divison.

You can only have one Career. 2 ifyou have a memory card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »