Home

Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

This is a discussion on Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #105
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Important question I haven't seen asked,does your fighter age in career mode? It says it's 7 years but if I set my guy for age 21 will he be 28 at the end of it? (This is important for making real life fighters that were left out or classic fighters who I'd want at their prime ages)

No I'm 28, made myself as 28 and 2 years in I'm still 28. I like this even though it's a contradiction, because when you retire him he'll be at his best at the age you want him at. Yeah it's a bit lame that in the career you don't really 'age', but you'll finish a career in a matter of days,weeks etc...so it's nice to have whomever you create to be somewhat current. Plus a lot of UFC guys would be uber-old for fighters if that happened too. You'd have captured all these guys only to have half of them too old to fight and retired. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #106
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
In career mode, are there separate fights from yours? In other words, are the titles in other weightclasses contended for outside of the one you're fighting for?

I'm hoping career mode is open ended, to where it follows a calendar year like Madden, NBA 2K, etc...instead of being a quest for a championship.

Thanks in advance.
Yes!
you get newsletters explaining the fight matchups and later the outcomes and how ie. ko, submisison
there are also rankings - you are ranked and so is everyone else including scrubs.

for example gsp lost the belt in my career against alves only to get it back the next year. Rashad has maintained champ status so far during my career (shut up pappy
and their records reflect all of their outcomes. For example - McFedries knocked me out when I was green and only had a couple of fights - actually he knocked me the eff out!, so I couldn't wait for a rematch where I didn't touch gloves and knocked him the eff out breakin' my foot off in that ash! His win and his loss are added to his record as well as any other fights he had against cpu.
There are however no highlights or anything like that other than matchup pics of the fighters w/ their records and outcomes of the match. (which is cool imo).

So in short, carreer is like you hoped for and it's pretty damn fun - you can pay as much or as little attention to the outside UFC would (divisions, champs etc.) as you choose. It's all tied to emails and event pre/post-fight page.

Another cool thing is how you get occasional staredown cutscenes i think if you're fight is one of the more important ones on UFN
Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #107
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Yes!
you get newsletters explaining the fight matchups and later the outcomes and how ie. ko, submisison
there are also rankings - you are ranked and so is everyone else including scrubs.

for example gsp lost the belt in my career against alves only to get it back the next year. Rashad has maintained champ status so far during my career (shut up pappy
and their records reflect all of their outcomes. For example - McFedries knocked me out when I was green and only had a couple of fights - actually he knocked me the eff out!, so I couldn't wait for a rematch where I didn't touch gloves and knocked him the eff out breakin' my foot off in that ash! His win and his loss are added to his record as well as any other fights he had against cpu.
There are however no highlights or anything like that other than matchup pics of the fighters w/ their records and outcomes of the match. (which is cool imo).

So in short, carreer is like you hoped for and it's pretty damn fun - you can pay as much or as little attention to the outside UFC would (divisions, champs etc.) as you choose. It's all tied to emails and event pre/post-fight page.

Another cool thing is how you get occasional staredown cutscenes i think if you're fight is one of the more important ones on UFN
**** yeah! **** yeah!! **** yeah!!!!!!!!

Thanks for answering allB, as I cannot wait to get this game now. Come on Tuesday, I'm ready to whoop some a$$!!!!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #108
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Well thats disappointing. How did that one get overlooked??
Didnt get overlooked. There were serious collision detection problems with it and they decided against adding them this year. They will probably be in the next version.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #109
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
No I'm 28, made myself as 28 and 2 years in I'm still 28. I like this even though it's a contradiction, because when you retire him he'll be at his best at the age you want him at. Yeah it's a bit lame that in the career you don't really 'age', but you'll finish a career in a matter of days,weeks etc...so it's nice to have whomever you create to be somewhat current. Plus a lot of UFC guys would be uber-old for fighters if that happened too. You'd have captured all these guys only to have half of them too old to fight and retired. lol
Thats just stoopid!!! Lol well atleast they said they are making career mode deeper for next year....

Im hoping for retired figthers, aging fighters with their ratings declining, Good lookin generic fighters who progress/regress....

It shouldnt be called career mode without those things...
Old 05-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #110
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
**** yeah! **** yeah!! **** yeah!!!!!!!!

Thanks for answering allB, as I cannot wait to get this game now. Come on Tuesday, I'm ready to whoop some a$$!!!!
yeah,
and i forgot to mention that it's all organized into events - so it's not like you get a random newsletter that 2 guys fought, you get the results of UFC 122 - I just had my first PPV card fight against nate marquart, and on my card was franklin vs silva, kongo vs brock, and so on, so all those results will be there. and since you don't fight in every event there are results from the ones you miss too.
I'm now 15-4 losing 2 by ko and 2 by submission.

Another cool thing is my dude's rockin a bit of chest hair... I think I'm the only one who ever cared, but I'm glad it's an option. It makes your caf look more real and less fake/generic looking - also the 70% 5 o'clock shadow helps.

edit; another cool thing is Ko of the night and such - you can win it and get a bonus cred, but it's not like you get it often. I've won it once, this past ppv is was given to anderson for ko'ing franklin even though my ko was pretty bad arse.

for other who have the game: i don't want to mess up my carreer by starting a new one, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed you can't have 2 going at once. Having said that, when I choose the career option it has a picture of my fighter saying 'what fighter do you choose' - as if there could be more than one. Has anyone else tried to have multiple carreer saves and characters at once? I won't risk losing mine since I've put about 10 hours into it.

Last edited by allBthere; 05-17-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #111
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Didnt get overlooked. There were serious collision detection problems with it and they decided against adding them this year. They will probably be in the next version.
O well. Im still gettin the game though so i guess it really doesnt matter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 8
Thumbs up Re: Official UFC Undisputed 2009 Impressions

Thanks for the info people, just read all 12 pages and have a learned a lot.

I just hope this game isn't all sold out the first day real quick. i always get dissapointed with that.

Can someone tell me how sending you're fighter to real life camps works please. like do you need points/cred for certain ones?

thanks in advance

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »