Home

UFC 117 - Anderson Silva v. Chael Sonnen

This is a discussion on UFC 117 - Anderson Silva v. Chael Sonnen within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Not Only is Anderson Silva Fighting Chael Sonnen at UFC 117... It's the Main Even

I have to say this about Silva fighting.

I don't care.

I'll check out the results of the fights the next day, and if people say it was amazing, or if Sonnen won, then I'll probably watch it just because a good fight it worth watching. But I won't watching anything leading up to it, and I won't make any effort to watch it the night of.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Not Only is Anderson Silva Fighting Chael Sonnen at UFC 117... It's the Main Even

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
I have to say this about Silva fighting.

I don't care.

I'll check out the results of the fights the next day, and if people say it was amazing, or if Sonnen won, then I'll probably watch it just because a good fight it worth watching. But I won't watching anything leading up to it, and I won't make any effort to watch it the night of.

Ditto that
Old 04-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Dana should at least make this one of those free things they show on Spike like they've done in the past. I can't understand how he can seriously ask people to spend money on a PPV with Silva headlining after the past few fights Silva has had.
It was only 1 bad fight that he had and that was only half of the fight. the first 2 and a half rounds of the Maia fight were very entertaining to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
It was only 1 bad fight that he had and that was only half of the fight. the first 2 and a half rounds of the Maia fight were very entertaining to me.
He's had several bad fights. The problem with silva is that the fight relies on his opponent. He doesn't go out and put on great fights, his opponent has to, but then they get ko'd because all he does is counter.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
He's had several bad fights. The problem with silva is that the fight relies on his opponent. He doesn't go out and put on great fights, his opponent has to, but then they get ko'd because all he does is counter.
The only other bad fights I can think of is vs. Leites(literally layed on his back for no reason everytime he got hit by anything) and vs. Cote(both guys circled each other Machida vs. Evans style for 2 rounds until Cote blew out his knee early in the 3rd). Other than those he hasn't been past the 2nd round.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

No surprise........people can say what they want to say, but at the end of the day it all comes down to MONEY. Silva is a cash cow. His name fills seats.

Sure Sonnen will push the pace and get his butt KO'ed or subbed by the 2nd round. I mean seriously.........

Silva stand up is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then Sonnen. Plus Silva is a BJJ black belt that won a handful of his fights by submission already.

Sonnen's BJJ defense SUCKS.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:02 AM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
its been more than 1 fight. Silva's fights haven't been entertaining in a while. Some of that is the opponents, some of that is him just not closing the show. The last fight had sparks of excitement but never developed into flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
No surprise........people can say what they want to say, but at the end of the day it all comes down to MONEY. Silva is a cash cow. His name fills seats.

Sure Sonnen will push the pace and get his butt KO'ed or subbed by the 2nd round. I mean seriously.........

Silva stand up is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then Sonnen. Plus Silva is a BJJ black belt that won a handful of his fights by submission already.

Sonnen's BJJ defense SUCKS.
I won't pay for a Silva fight and i'm sure a lot of others wont pay for this fight after his last performance. I think Dana owes it to the fans to put this one on for free on Spike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 AM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Told you guys Dana was talking ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »