Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2004, 07:25 AM   #1105
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

Gomer,

I have a questions for you. I have a "special" XBOX and I am using rrod datafile Ver.4 Will I still be able to see the results with your rosters or will the new data file overide them or something like that. He has fixed everything else steals..walks..etc.. but not the lefty bug. And you guys did so I would like to know if there is any conflict if I use your rosters with the datafile.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #1106
Rookie

B20Sandman's Arena

OVR: 4

One quick question for anyone:

Can you hit monster homeruns on the PS2 (farther than 400 feet) with lefties using the new file? Using the new file I can hit HR's to all fields, but still barely clear the wall. I keep hearing of people hitting 500-foot blasts...
Old 05-06-2004, 10:45 AM   #1107
Rookie

OVR: 3

You sound like you need to visit Balco!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 AM   #1108
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

Sorry for the dumb question guys...can someone link me to the Read me for Gomer/Kerms latest file. i just wanted to read the specifics and details of it.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #1109
Rookie

OVR: 2
Location: Fall River, MA (1 Hr. S. from Boston, MA, 20 Min. E. from Providence, R.I.)

Quick Question .... What moves would have to be made with Gomer/Kerms latest roster to reflect what opening day rosters would look like if everyone were healthy. I want to start my dynasty as if every player was healthy and dont know what moves i would need to make.For Example ... is anyone in the FA list that belongs an a MLB,AAA, or AA team? Do I have to call up/send down any players around on any teams to have my rosters as if everyone was injury free. If anyone can help please reply here or pm me.

Thanks
David
Old 05-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #1110
Rookie

OVR: 2

Gomer/Kerm-

I have noticed that some of the minor league AA and AAA pitchers have curveballs that are straight and the pitch movement is simliar to the circle change? Was this on purpose. Also I believe it is Felix Sanchez on the AAA Iowa Cubs has a curveball that is straight and fast?? Just wondering what the deal is? Is this something purposeful or is there something wrong with the pitchers in question. I saw it twice last night with a pitcher from the Carolina Mudcats and several in my Cubs franchise....all of them were minor leaguers fortunately? I may just edit the pitch movement for any players I see like this?? Is there going to be any problems if I edit the pitch movement for these players in question??
Old 05-06-2004, 12:04 PM   #1111
Rookie

B20Sandman's Arena

Are you saying that you can hit monster homeruns using lefties on the PS2 then? Or is all of this I'm hearing just a bunch of lies?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2004, 12:29 PM   #1112
Rookie

OVR: 5

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
dbstanley74 said:
Gomer/Kerm-

I have noticed that some of the minor league AA and AAA pitchers have curveballs that are straight and the pitch movement is simliar to the circle change? Was this on purpose. Also I believe it is Felix Sanchez on the AAA Iowa Cubs has a curveball that is straight and fast?? Just wondering what the deal is? Is this something purposeful or is there something wrong with the pitchers in question. I saw it twice last night with a pitcher from the Carolina Mudcats and several in my Cubs franchise....all of them were minor leaguers fortunately? I may just edit the pitch movement for any players I see like this?? Is there going to be any problems if I edit the pitch movement for these players in question??

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

no need to sweat felix sanchez' ball movement if you're a cubs fan since he was traded away to detroit on april 29th, which i'm pretty sure was reflected in Gomer's final PS2 roster. and i didn't check, but the guy the cubs got, jon connolly, probably isn't anywhere to be found b/c he's a single A player (altho he sounds like a prospect b/c he was like the tigers organization pitcher of the year last year or something). the tiger fans out there should be trying to capture sanchez' pitches accurately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »