Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2004, 02:33 PM   #273
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: UPDATED ROSTERS NEEDED

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
Also go and test a left handed batter in Home Run Derby and let me know if it hasnt gotten better!!

Go ahead and take Barry Bonds for a test drive in Home run Derby!

Try and pull the ball with these rosters!

oh wait sheesh they aint even uploaded yet!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Gomer - Unfortunately I'm at work right now so I can't test this, but are you saying you and Kerm found a way to get LH'ers to hit better? If so, what were you able to do?

Thanks much for all your hard work!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 03:04 PM   #274
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey gomer or kerm I know I put up a long post in the early morning hours but do you think you guys can possibly do the faces on the next update or maybe explain how I can do it and ill do it for everyone but I dont have A modified xbox.I just have all access to the net and action replay.I just really would love to see the players faces when they come up to bat in all the leagues.I plan on playing a dynasty with the astros and playing every game even the aaa and aa ball.Thanks
Old 03-31-2004, 03:18 PM   #275
Rookie

OVR: 1

GomerPyle said:
Also go and test a left handed batter in Home Run Derby and let me know if it hasnt gotten better!!

Go ahead and take Barry Bonds for a test drive in Home run Derby!

Try and pull the ball with these rosters!

oh wait sheesh they aint even uploaded yet!

Just got the new rosters and noticed no difference. Played HR Showdown Bonds vs. Pujols and Bonds lost 8 HR's to 1. Pujols longest was 495 and Bonds longest was 382. I was consistently making HR contact but the ball wasn't going anywhere. I hope it really did get fixed though, maybe my experience was a fluke.

Did Kerm say that he fixed the problem? How?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2004, 03:22 PM   #276
Rookie

Gomer, did you try them out and they worked?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:31 PM   #277
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Houston said:
Hey gomer or kerm I know I put up a long post in the early morning hours but do you think you guys can possibly do the faces on the next update or maybe explain how I can do it and ill do it for everyone but I dont have A modified xbox.I just have all access to the net and action replay.I just really would love to see the players faces when they come up to bat in all the leagues.I plan on playing a dynasty with the astros and playing every game even the aaa and aa ball.Thanks

The only faces that can be in the game on the xbox version is some that were already on the disc such as bonds. There is no chance of you seeing real faces for everyone on the New Orleans Zephyrs without a modified xbox or the cpu version of the game.

Thanks for the conversion Gomer.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:47 PM   #278
Rookie

Is Kerm taking any requests for players to be added? I know he's leaving the created player slots open for us to add anyone we want. There are a few players that I'd like to see him add.

1. Prince Fielder, MIL
2. Tim Stauffer, SD
3. Royce Ring, NYM
4. Akinori Otsuka, SD

All should have an impact on their big league teams at some point in their careers. I can't even comprehend how much work is going into these rosters, of if these players aren't added, that's completely cool. I just know Kerm would do a better job creating them than me.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:51 PM   #279
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Was there supposedly some tweaking done that could fix/improve the left handed power hitting issues? If so I'd like to hear some more about what was done. It drives me nuts when one of my lefty power hitters can't drive a mistake pitch out of the park! It always dies on the warning track!

I have downloaded the PC version of this files and opened it in MVPedit to look at ratings. There are definitely some areas that I would like to tweak and see if I can improve upon this myself. But if Kerm found the formula! Hooray!

wait.....wait.....let's see if this pans out or not.

Still....great job on the rosters!
Old 03-31-2004, 05:12 PM   #280
Banned

OVR: 5

Houston said:
Hey everyone and do I have news for you.Dont get me wrong these rosters are good and all but they were done from that baseball csi site or whatever and there players are from 2003 for example there prospects but there color is wrong or somethings wrong with a few and another thing is like billy wagner is on the phillies but the other prospects the astros got are still on the phillies cause whoever did these rosters did the prospects for 2003.BUT GUESS WHAT I HAVE THIS AWESOME SITE THAT GIVES YOU A FULL ROSTER WITH PICKS SO YOU CAN DO THEM YOURSELVES OR JUST USE THESE ROSTERS BUT GO EDIT THEM WHAT THEY REALLY SHOULD BE THATS WHAT I PLAN ON DOING AND DO ALL THE TEAMS THIS WAY THE TEAMS ARE FOR MARCH 2ND BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS GO IN AND DO THE FEW LITTLE TRADES THEY ARE BUT so about the caps so ill be doing this and puting it on my AR card for everyone to enjoy.oh yeah like umm say theres spring training now so every person thats playin thats on that big roster on this site i have it has everything about them and there picture

from the looks of this post you really dont need my help Houston, you seem to have all the answers

Houston also said:

the guy above is correct you cant do anything at all with just a action replay
you have to have a generic face or in our case No Face (picture) for some of the asian and japanese players although the in game face value is extremeley flexible (if you were modding the actual data files) can be added accuratley ie Matsui having a -400 something face value which I believe is his real picture actually! but as I said Action Replay and xbox controller alone is not enough!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »