Home

Christmas mash up challenge

This is a discussion on Christmas mash up challenge within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2014, 02:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Christmas mash up challenge

what do you get in those packs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Christmas mash up challenge

For me...silver jersey, court, attributes and Glen Davis.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Paul Pierce
Old 12-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Hartenberg's Arena

Spent a good portion of my afternoon playing these challanges, and had some difficulty with them. I even lost the first game on a buzzer beater.

And what do I get with my hard work and effort? Dejuan Blair.

Who ever is making these decisions, needs to be fired. Like right now. This game mode is like one train wreck after another.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartenberg
Spent a good portion of my afternoon playing these challanges, and had some difficulty with them. I even lost the first game on a buzzer beater.

And what do I get with my hard work and effort? Dejuan Blair.

Who ever is making these decisions, needs to be fired. Like right now. This game mode is like one train wreck after another.
They definitely increased the difficulty on this match up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Hartenberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyxtacy
They definitely increased the difficulty on this match up.
I don't mind the difficulty being turned up. I actually prefer it to be like that. It makes the games more fun for me. I'd much rather have a hard fought 4 pt win or so, instead of winning by 40 and I get bored halfway through the second quarter.

What does piss me off beyond belief is the rewards. Why not make it a guaranteed gold player from those teams? You essentially play those 3 games, and have nothing to show for it except for a very little amount of mt. At least give us an MT reward at the end, plus the pack, if you're going to have the packs be doo doo. Another example was the Thunder challenge/pack. I got Telfair out of that. I played 5 full length games, for a guy that I could have gotten off the auction house for 800 mt. Does that sound like good game design in the slightest? No.

Like I said before, this game mode has been plagued by bad decisions across the board. So much so, that this is the least fun I've had with MyTeam in it's 4 iterations (including 2k14 last gen.) If something isn't done to improve on all these dumb decisions, I don't see myself playing the mode for that much longer.

Last edited by Hartenberg; 12-09-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
Banned

Webbie2689's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartenberg
Another example was the Thunder challenge/pack. I got Telfair out of that. I played 5 full length games, for a guy that I could have gotten off the auction house for 800 mt. Does that sound like good game design in the slightest? No.
Yeah, I completed this challenge by winning the 5th game by 20 points and it instead told me that I hadn't successfully completed the challenge, after it had just told me that the pack had been sent to my reward queue.

So I completed all 5 games and didn't get anything for it.

No more Challenges for me until a good card is the reward.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

i just lost 2 games in a row and quit the third. difficulty is brutal. from what i am reading its not worth it. how can you have a challenge on hall of fame difficulty and give such a weak reward? glad i read this i am not trying again. one thing i think they should do is let you know what difficulty the challenge is. let us know what difficulty level its set at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »