Home

New Challenge - Best Dunkers

This is a discussion on New Challenge - Best Dunkers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New Challenge - Best Dunkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I don't mind the challenges where the CPU team has blatantly better cards than you do. That just forces the user to be more strategic with his lineup and his matchups.

What bothers me is when the gameplay sliders are obviously slanted in the computer's favor, to the point where all of your good shooters can't hit wide open shots, but the CPU's bad shooters will make contested shots well beyond their natural range all game long.

That's not truly challenging, that's just cheap.
Thats my biggest problem with my team as I don't really play rttp very much. I'd would love good challenges that are tough to win without being cheap. I tried the two brothers challenge once and never again. That team should be hard to beat but not in the way 2k set it up. Even if you played well you couldn't win with real strategy. I'm sure you could beat it with some cheesy strategy but I don't enjoy playing that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #26
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

OVR: 0

Gave this a first try. Shot 58% from the field for the first 3 quarters and i was able to overcome a second quarter 10 point deficit and lead by 8 entering the fourth. The fourth quarter was where the usual 2k cheese came to play. Shot 4-15 for the quarter including 0-6 from 3 (all wide open with gold Curry and diamond Durant). They shot 11-14 on the quarter and the rest is history
Old 02-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 3

Managed to beat them in the first game by 11 points with my regular lineup except I had Davis start for Hakeem and Aldridge coming off the bench.

You definitely need to focus on Erving. He turned into prime MJ against me, hitting 3s, perimeter shots, posting up and making contested layups. He ended up with 28 pts, 13/15 shooting, 2/2 from 3pt lol. Their next highest scorer was Wilkins with 6 points.

I had pretty balanced scoring:

MJ 16
Kobe 11
Durant 10
Vince 10
LeBron 7
P George 6

I had pretty bad fg% (44%) and you can pretty much forget about hitting any 3s but I went 18/19 from the line and had 12 steals against them, while only turning over the ball 4 times myself.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish

Last edited by vc15; 02-24-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:44 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 3

Won the second game on a buzzer beating dunk by MJ. Shot better than the first game, 54%. The CPU is so ridiculously cheap, it's not even funny. You will miss open jumpers, your passes will get tipped and turned over, you will brick random free throws. I would say don't even bother shooting 3s. You're not going to make a good percentage.

You're pretty much guaranteed to want to smash your controller after playing this challenge.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish

Last edited by vc15; 02-24-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:53 PM   #29
Rookie

oh yay something to look forward to when i leave work :/
Old 02-25-2015, 01:11 AM   #30
Rookie

Is it confirmed that these challenges adjusted sliders? Thats garbage if true lol

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-25-2015, 03:18 AM   #31
Rookie

I didnt have much problem shooting with kyle korver and wayne ellington.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylabdul
Is it confirmed that these challenges adjusted sliders? Thats garbage if true lol

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
we're confirming it here...
I havent played this one....I learned from twobrothers challenge. its apparently the sliders have been tampered with when all of a sudden you cant hit wide open 3's with guys you rarely miss with. also when you miss uncontested layups and you get the rebound and some how the cpu magically ends up with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »