Home

Things You Wish Were Patched

This is a discussion on Things You Wish Were Patched within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #33
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Things You Wish Were Patched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
I think I didn't explain myself properly... So, what most players are doing is building a great defensive team, go to settings and put tight smother and play off-ball.

I'm passing the ball around and finally see an angle to attack, what happens here, more times that it should, is that the defender CPU, somehow recovers (OK, fair enough), but it bumps me, creating an animation of 0.5 secs maybe where controls are not responsive. Another smart thing I saw some players do was, as soon as they see this happening, call a double team and run with their players against mine.

In this situation I have to options, either quickly pass the ball (which I do most of the times), or try to back off a little bit.

Backing off sometimes triggers weird animations.

What I'd like, and if you guys played you know this, when a defender press you like that but gives um an angle, you do a spin move. The defender overplayed you and should get burned for that.
If guys play you this tight, you can blow by them a decent amount of the time. A simple, well-timed behind the back/crossover/spin combination will get the job done. You can also use Y-cuts or set up in an offensive formation like a Swing variant that will have your guys cut automatically.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
If guys play you this tight, you can blow by them a decent amount of the time. A simple, well-timed behind the back/crossover/spin combination will get the job done. You can also use Y-cuts or set up in an offensive formation like a Swing variant that will have your guys cut automatically.
Yes, that is a really good advice. I can do it most of the times, especially when they have the settings on deny. Many times even just a handoff followed by a cut (Y). I only recall one game where I was just overwhelmed with pressure and absolutely nothing worked.

The issue here is just that I would like to see that bumping animation reduced so that angles play a bigger part on defence and also the ability to make dribble moves when players pressure like that.

People that overplay should get burned more often... If even Kawhi got burned a couple of times by Curry.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #35
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
If even Kawhi got burned a couple of times by Curry.
https://vine.co/v/iiH3eUAXjaT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 01:19 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
No bumping... all net
Old 02-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #37
Rookie

Guys, I highly recommend this read if you missed it:

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...l-physicality/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »