Home

Finally figured out why I was struggling in MTO

This is a discussion on Finally figured out why I was struggling in MTO within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2016, 11:11 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Finally figured out why I was struggling in MTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Another easy thing to give yourself an edge is learning some out of bounds plays. You can get your three point shooters wide open looks at the end of games when you need that crucial bucket by running some of the stock out of bounds plays.
Has anyone figured out a good way to practice out-of-bounds plays?

I think I read somewhere that the only way to really do this is to use a custom roster and assign only out-of-bounds plays to your players, or something like that...I guess, to then use Practice Plays in Play Now 2KU?
Old 12-05-2016, 11:13 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Ever since I got Ben Wallace I'm 32-5. Defense really is the key to success, I mainly just switch between the main 3 defenses depending who is on the floor. I find the 2/3 zone is great with Ben at center and solid perimeter D 3/4. The whole key to zone is being fast enough to close out on shooters, 3/2 is great with guys like Bosh/Porzingas at 4/5 as they are fast enough to close on the corners. I also use a lot of man so they can't get comfortable working the zone. I rarely ever use presses or traps
How do the zones handle when an opponent ISO's their Center, presumably to be guarded by Wallace?
Old 12-06-2016, 12:04 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
How do the zones handle when an opponent ISO's their Center, presumably to be guarded by Wallace?
How do you ISO against a zone? The wings collapse on a post up and try to strip, I have guys like Kobe and Iggy who can jump in and out real quick

I also find holding and releasing the turbo button while pressing into your man in the post with a guy like Ben can force a lot of misses if you're going one on one, you gotta time your jump with their shot too.

I've also played better since I STOPPED messing with my defensive settings in the menu. I think I was overplaying a lot of players and my D seems a lot more cohesive on auto

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-06-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 01:41 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
How do you ISO against a zone? The wings collapse on a post up and try to strip, I have guys like Kobe and Iggy who can jump in and out real quick
That was my question. I was wondering what the "extra" guys in the zone do when the opposite side is overloaded. So...they just double, yeah?

Quote:
I also find holding and releasing the turbo button while pressing into your man in the post with a guy like Ben can force a lot of misses if you're going one on one, you gotta time your jump with their shot too.
Interesting. Don't think I've ever done or noticed anything having to do with that, but will give it a shot. While you have L2 down for Intense D to resist the backdown?
Old 12-06-2016, 03:07 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Interesting. Don't think I've ever done or noticed anything having to do with that, but will give it a shot. While you have L2 down for Intense D to resist the backdown?
ya hold L2 and then like pulse R2 and push the left stick into him

zone shuts down the 5 wide PNR cheese pretty fast too.. you just gotta learn when and who to off ball and when to man up, it's a team defensive scheme so don't think you have to onball all the time, I definitely onball to close out thogh

Last edited by Foldzy; 12-06-2016 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:21 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
ya hold L2 and then like pulse R2 and push the left stick into him
Hm. That should basically pulse between regular and intense resistance...maybe that does something concrete.

Quote:
zone shuts down the 5 wide PNR cheese pretty fast too.. you just gotta learn when and who to off ball and when to man up, it's a team defensive scheme so don't think you have to onball all the time, I definitely onball to close out thogh
I can see that, for sure...shutting down the PnR by basically clogging the center. Do you not encounter guys who are good at passing to the open man off the PnR?

What about skip passes?

Now I'm wondering what is the best sort of player for playing Zone D. I imagine that D IQ is important for adapting to movement and position of the ball. Maybe lateral quickness is not as important as it is with Man D. And maybe what's really, really important is Acceleration and Shot Contest, and Vertical/Height for getting effective close-outs when they try to pass to open shooter.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #39
Rookie

What setting do you guys use to stop the "pass to center under the basket cheese?" I usually leave it on auto, but would tight or deny work?
Old 12-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Hm. That should basically pulse between regular and intense resistance...maybe that does something concrete.

I can see that, for sure...shutting down the PnR by basically clogging the center. Do you not encounter guys who are good at passing to the open man off the PnR?

What about skip passes?

Now I'm wondering what is the best sort of player for playing Zone D. I imagine that D IQ is important for adapting to movement and position of the ball. Maybe lateral quickness is not as important as it is with Man D. And maybe what's really, really important is Acceleration and Shot Contest, and Vertical/Height for getting effective close-outs when they try to pass to open shooter.
There are definitely guys that know how to beat it but if they prove they can beat it you just come out of it and go back to it in key situations to surprise them.

I only really struggle against these sweaty emerald players who abuse the equalizer. I just played against a guy who ran like an all giant emerald lineup and he had 15+ blocks and steals by the third quarter it was ******** I haven't quit in a long time but my players were basically just handing him the ball

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »