Home

Magic and the 50s collection

This is a discussion on Magic and the 50s collection within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Magic and the 50s collection

I hate that you have to lock them in to get the reward.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #10
Pro

Bi00's Arena

If they didn't release an amethyst Magic then the reward would be very worth while. But since almost everyone has the amy Magic already, the diamond doesn't add much competitive value.

The best cards at any point of this game will be very expensive but waiting will give you more and better options. Easy example, picking up an amy Kobe now costs 1/4th the MT of completing collection reward J Rich 3-4 months ago.

We are at a point where the top MTO lineups are pretty close or nearly at the peak ratings. New players won't really shift that balance greatly so there isn't a huge need to keep upgrading players to stay competitive. I would try to pick up players that you enjoy instead of keeping up with MTO lineups.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
If they didn't release an amethyst Magic then the reward would be very worth while. But since almost everyone has the amy Magic already, the diamond doesn't add much competitive value.

The best cards at any point of this game will be very expensive but waiting will give you more and better options. Easy example, picking up an amy Kobe now costs 1/4th the MT of completing collection reward J Rich 3-4 months ago.

We are at a point where the top MTO lineups are pretty close or nearly at the peak ratings. New players won't really shift that balance greatly so there isn't a huge need to keep upgrading players to stay competitive. I would try to pick up players that you enjoy instead of keeping up with MTO lineups.
Good advice right there... I've stressed over this mode a lot, but at the end of the day none of it really matters... the main goal is to build a custom team and have fun doing it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #12
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

All-Star Magic from 2k16 was probably top 2 card(along with PD Duncan) ive ever used in any My Team. He was way better than this Diamond Magic we have now.

Like others have said, i don't feel the need to upgrade to Diamond Magic when Amy Magic already gets the job done. Idk why they released this Team USA Magic so close to the Amy Magic release at Thanksgiving. I would've love a Pippen lockdown defenders collection or something instead.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 12-27-2016, 11:05 AM   #13
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00

True. My problem is that i always want the best version of Magic as this IS the player i enjoy the most. If there were no Ammy version it would be a no brainer. Or if the diamond had a 3 ball at least.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #14
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
All-Star Magic from 2k16 was probably top 2 card(along with PD Duncan) ive ever used in any My Team. He was way better than this Diamond Magic we have now.

Like others have said, i don't feel the need to upgrade to Diamond Magic when Amy Magic already gets the job done. Idk why they released this Team USA Magic so close to the Amy Magic release at Thanksgiving. I would've love a Pippen lockdown defenders collection or something instead.
Yeah they didnt put much thought in the release strategy.
For me last years Magic was the best card I've ever used in any 2k (and i play 2k since Ben Wallace was on the cover). Im in the 3rd prestige now, im looking forward to PD Duncan but heard mixed opinions about him.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 12-27-2016, 11:26 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Honestly he IS significantly better than Amy Magic, don't sleep on those 4 HOF badges plus he has Hardened as well as Microwave. These theme reward cards are hands down the best cards in the game. I can tell you from my Jordan and Richardson, they both play well above their ratings.

1 out of his 4 HOF badges is good. Flashy passer & lob city passer are trash, PnR maestro is meh & Dimer is the only good one. Microwave is good but hardened is meh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2016, 11:30 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
1 out of his 4 HOF badges is good. Flashy passer & lob city passer are trash, PnR maestro is meh & Dimer is the only good one. Microwave is good but hardened is meh.
Haha I guess we play a lot differently then because Flashy Passer and Lob City are my 2 favs! Flashy Passes are OP AF

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »