Home

Magic and the 50s collection

This is a discussion on Magic and the 50s collection within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Magic and the 50s collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
By any chance you know if knicks diamond walt have good dribble animations, like crossover 16 by any chance ?

I'll check when I get home. Driving crossover or crossover escape?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I'll check when I get home. Driving crossover or crossover escape?
Thanks and they package the crossover escape into the size up this year so curious if he got the same move lilard, Westbrook have the elite 2 ISO size up move, I love that 2k15 crossover 16 escape move.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #27
MVP

I say go for it over waiting if you're a true Magic user, He'll likely get a Dynamic Duo that will boost him even further. You could be waiting months for them to drop another Magic by that time with the announcement of Griffey and Alomar Jr., I personally will be playing Diamond Dynasty.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #28
Pro

So the diamond magic is a lot better than the Amethyst specifically because of the purple badges. Purple dimer is possibly the strongest badge I've encountered in this game so far.

The reason I locked him in though is because I'm keeping my hopes of Barkley alive for now. I'm not a huge magic fan. And to be honest I don't play him that well. I see his potential and I know he is a really strong card. With that in mind, I'm having more success with both Stockton and Oscar for the time being.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:23 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
I am a huge magic fan and wound up geting the diamond. My thinking was that there likely won't be another version like AS magic from last year. If there was, you can be assured it would be WAY more expensive than this diamond collection and probably come out toward the end of the game cycle. The benefit of the diamond over the diamond over the amethyst is really those HOF badges and microwave. If you want a guy who will improve your team's shooting better than anyone else available, then he's the guy. But for simply scoring or defending, he's not much better than the amethyst.
I agree that the main selling points are the greater number of badges, the HoF badging, and Personality.

But I think the bumps to his midrange are fairly significant. They get him solid in midrange and, with a shoe, getting into very good midrange territory, just shy of elite. I think a Magic with 90 Off-Dribble Mid is actually meaningfully more scary than one with 84 Off-Dribble Mid.

Especially because the Diamond Magic has HoF P&R Maestro and already comes with Mid-Range Deadeye and Difficult shots.

The Amethyst can only have Gold P&R Maestro and may not have Mid-Range Deadeye or Difficult Shots added on.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #30
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Actually the prices for the amy Playmakers are way lower than I expected. They are low enough that I may pick up Magic since I'm a huge fan as well.

Edit: the whole collection is under 300k, hell at that price I am definitely going to get him.

Edit2: I meant to say I already had Oscar. heh.

Last edited by Bi00; 12-27-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
Thanks and they package the crossover escape into the size up this year so curious if he got the same move lilard, Westbrook have the elite 2 ISO size up move, I love that 2k15 crossover 16 escape move.

He don't, his doesn't create as much space and is slower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #32
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
So the diamond magic is a lot better than the Amethyst specifically because of the purple badges. Purple dimer is possibly the strongest badge I've encountered in this game so far.

The reason I locked him in though is because I'm keeping my hopes of Barkley alive for now. I'm not a huge magic fan. And to be honest I don't play him that well. I see his potential and I know he is a really strong card. With that in mind, I'm having more success with both Stockton and Oscar for the time being.
can you let me know how it feels having West at the 2? One of the main reason I don't want to lock is this forced team setup...like both players are too good and it's a shame not having both starting...

if you say it's working well I might pick that Magic up because the prices are really falling down and I already use Oscar anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »