Home

One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd.

This is a discussion on One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2017, 02:26 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: One for the Equalizer isn't real crowd.

I just played a game where two minutes into the first quarter my controller would not work. It was my last game on my second prestige in Ruby league and I needed that game to advance. Suddenly the only thing I can do against a scrub team that I was beating really badly is bring the ball up the court and press X to shoot I could not pass I could not turbo I could not do anything except press X to shoot.

equalizer on another level
Old 03-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #50
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Holy crap people are going out of their way to provide examples and physical evidence. Who is asking for too much now?
Asking for people to treat each other with respect is not asking too much. Or maybe it is. I guess it makes perfect sense to take a dump all over other members of a community because you disagree about an aspect of a video game that you all share an interest in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
Some people here are stubborn as hell and even physical proof is not enough.
Physical proof is enough for what? I said I had never seen X happen. He provided a gif of X happening. I acknowledged that it happened. It was one minor aspect of a very large argument. A gif showing that a ball changing direction in one plane doesn't disprove the entire argument.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #51
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
See, now you're making claims beyond what you have evidence for.

Whatever though. Believe what you want. It'd be nice if you could do it respectfully, but I guess that's too much to ask.
My evidence is literally coming from the guy that actually develops the game lol.

The burden of proof is on you guys to prove that the equalizer exists. Literally all you guys have to do is post a video of a full game where the equalizer occurs. Take an all-bronze team, go into MTO and record a game of you playing against a god-squad and post the results here. That's it.

So far you guys have only posted weak examples to support there being equalizer and they've all been debunked.

And if I'm coming off as disrespectful then I apologize. Didn't mean to come off that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2017, 02:29 PM   #52
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
I just played a game where two minutes into the first quarter my controller would not work. It was my last game on my second prestige in Ruby league and I needed that game to advance. Suddenly the only thing I can do against a scrub team that I was beating really badly is bring the ball up the court and press X to shoot I could not pass I could not turbo I could not do anything except press X to shoot.

Yeah this happened to me before too on PS4 multiple times. For me, all the face buttons stopped working if I pressed L1. If I didn't press L1 and reset the controller, only the face buttons worked.

This stopped happening after I kept atleast 50% charge on the controller.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #53
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board

Happened to me in UFC and I was turned into a punching bag ever since then I only play on the charger.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #54
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
My evidence is literally coming from the guy that actually develops the game lol.
After the way they treat their customers and all the things they've lied about, the word of most of the devs means nothing to me.

Quote:
The burden of proof is on you guys to prove that the equalizer exists. Literally all you guys have to do is post a video of a full game where the equalizer occurs. Take an all-bronze team, go into MTO and record a game of you playing against a god-squad and post the results here. That's it.

So far you guys have only posted weak examples to support there being equalizer and they've all been debunked.
They haven't been debunked, you've come up with an explanation that you're comfortable with and some others have agreed with you.

The lag thing, for example. The same thing happens in offline games. If there's lag effecting ball trajectories in offline games, then this game is coded even worse than I thought.

Quote:
And if I'm coming off as disrespectful then I apologize. Didn't mean to come off that way.
I appreciate that. I like this forum, and I respect the people who post here (most of them, anyway) and the quality of the content they post. This is an issue that people seem to get heated about, and I'm probably no different. I don't think it's worth disrespecting people over, and if I do it, I definitely apologize as well.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #55
MVP

Thanks for all the clarification on the trajectory change of the shot. I hadn't noticed it.

As has always been the case, debate over "Equalizer" or "Rubberband" is pretty pointless until/unless a proponent of those dynamics existing is willing to do very exhaustive documentation of that stuff operating.

I'm not ruling out these dynamics exist, but I haven't seen proof that they do. All so-called "proof" has always been very limited anecdotal examples that generally can be logically attributed to other dynamics and/or random luck.

Unless you want to go through the trouble of documenting dozens of games with variables thoughtfully isolated, don't be surprised if people dismiss your claims as conspiracy theories.

I really wish someone would go through the trouble to do this. Because all we get are random anecdotes and threads that devolve into name-calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #56
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I needed to demote myself after picking up the prestige 3 diamond league 11-0 reward so I decided to repeat the experiment!

Lost 72-52 and my opponent called me out for scoring in a cheesy manner to boot!

One thing that I noticed that makes Bronzes almost impossible to win with is their low stamina. Both my squads were gassed by the end of the 3rd.
Attached Images
File Type: png Lineup.PNG (370.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: png Result.PNG (160.3 KB, 61 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »