Home

Did they nerf three pointers?

This is a discussion on Did they nerf three pointers? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Did they nerf three pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
ruby kd has a 90 pointer. that is the problem. when 2K dropped him, he was the latest type and people ripped open packs to get him. Now there are two upgrades and he is dirt cheap. The truth is this moments system is new and 2k had no idea what they were doing with it well they made a lot of money so maybe they did

Ruby kd should have an 85 three-pointer Max. there are too many editions of kd. he should have started at sapphire, not emerald. all these upgrades really ruined my team fast

kd should have got:
sapphire with 80 3pt
ruby with 85
amy with 90
diamond with 95
You are so wrong but nobody will ever convince you of anything else. When the director of gameplay who knows the guts of this game better than anyone else says the frequency of green releases is "absolutely" the cause of it, Well then I believe it!

I am 1 for 1 with Ruby Shaq and 1 for 2 with Bill Russell from passing out to an open guy at the top of the key who is off camera and auto jacking the shot only to realize oh crap but I timed it with a green release. I did not ever practice shooting those and just shook my head after each one. Clearly that is not a shot rating issue. I green release way too many free throws with Shaq too and shoot over 85% with him and that is nuts!

Seriously man try to see another point of view as valid before showering threads with your wisdom. It is possible that you are not correct all the time.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #74
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
also, this problem only exists in my team. In my career and park you can only greenlight with a sharpshooter consistently. Every other class struggles to get automatic greens severely. which is how it should be.
You are 100% wrong.

100%.

jyoung on this forum shoots almost 70% from 3 with his Lockdown Defender. Lockdown Defenders have between 55 and 60 3 point rating.

I've never played any type of Sharpshooter and I shoot 60%.

Hustle Rebounders with a good shot can sit in the corner all game and shoot 70% at will with their incredibly high 60 3 point rating.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #75
MVP

I've played maybe 20 MTO games since the change yesterday morning and I still have trouble figuring out release points. One shot I'll get green and the next one I think I nailed it and it's very early or very late. I think on wide open shots it should be more forgiving and when it's contested it should be less forgiving.

I mean I'm using players I've played hundreds of games with and it shouldn't be that much of a struggle to get a quality release. The three pointers for both sides have been down 50-75%... The emphasis now is on guys like PD Wade or Diamond Westbrook or Harden turboing into the lane and making contested shots or getting fouled...it's the laziest, least skilled thing to do in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #76
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
The emphasis now is on guys like PD Wade or Diamond Westbrook or Harden turboing into the lane and making contested shots or getting fouled...it's the laziest, least skilled thing to do in the game.
I'll be waiting in the paint with Wilt and D Rob, BROTHER!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboas
I'll be waiting in the paint with Wilt and D Rob, BROTHER!!!
And they have Diamond Gasol and Unseld behind the three point line lol it's so predictable. Zone defense is a lot more effective now though if they're playing 5 out, defense is improved and harder to shoot obviously.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #78
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

I feel like they're making updates to the sliders on the fly. I had a games last night where neither my opponent or I could hit any 3's, definitely felt like effects of the patch, then the next game my opponent COULD NOT MISSED AT ALL was raining 3's all over me, the looks he got was similar to the looks my first opponent got.

But the one thing I think they also tweaked is on ball steal success. You can actually face up and work on dribbles without fear of being stripped easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 PM   #79
MVP

Okay here is an example of the weirdness I experience: before anything I could greenlight Kiki from 3 a lot and more rarely with Amethyst Giannis. Today I went 6-6 from with Giannis in a game (84 three with shoes) all green lights none from the corner and the only reason this happened was because I gave up on Kiki after the change. So...I just don't get it, you have to find releases that are money for you which shouldn't be as important as I guess it is now.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #80
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Wang confirmed another shooting update is coming tomorrow morning to reduce green frequency.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »