Home

NBA 2k20 - Attention to detail (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k20 - Attention to detail (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2019, 11:36 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k20 - Attention to detail (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I posted comments on this in both my slider thread and in the Myleague thread.

It seems shooting percentages are way too high in sims stats. And after simming a bunch of seasons, it is the star players who are causing the too high ppg for teams. Guys like Lillard and Harden are shooting .460 and .470 from 3. Which with the volume they shoot threes is driving their overall percentage up to .540 or so. Which is of course ridiculous.

Based on the fact that the non stars tend to shoot a normal percentage I strongly think this is badge related and not ratings. Just a hunch and something you might want to dig into with your rosters.

Looking forward to your work.

I second this. Played with a custom CAP on GSW, and the kind of shots curry makes is insane. He's at 54% for the year now (15 games or so into the season), and most of the attempts are ridiculous stepbacks or mid/heavy contested.

Also another interesting thing that I found. Since the removal of moving shot ratings, pretty much anyone can now do Curry-esque shots and greening those, which is pretty annoying. Off the top of my head I can think of like 2 people in the league who can actually do what Curry does, but not at Curry speed, and they're Dame and Harden. But pretty much every guard I play against with decent 3pt will do stepbacks, fading 3pts, etc.. and they go in at way too high a rate.

Also, too many leaning shots. I suspect this is a bug within the engine as when shooters are going over screens with a trailing defender, which IRL they would be at best doing a dribble pull up, but in the game more often than not they do a leaning shot.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:36 AM   #50
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I posted comments on this in both my slider thread and in the Myleague thread.

It seems shooting percentages are way too high in sims stats. And after simming a bunch of seasons, it is the star players who are causing the too high ppg for teams. Guys like Lillard and Harden are shooting .460 and .470 from 3. Which with the volume they shoot threes is driving their overall percentage up to .540 or so. Which is of course ridiculous.

Based on the fact that the non stars tend to shoot a normal percentage I strongly think this is badge related and not ratings. Just a hunch and something you might want to dig into with your rosters.

Looking forward to your work.
I don't think badges factor into sim stats (although i could be wrong, as they DO now affect overall rating). I believe what you're seeing is the result of 2 things:
1)While 2k has done a much better job than usual on ratings this year, they break their 3point rating scale for stars. Check out Kawhi Leonard, CJ McCollum, etc's rating relative to guys who shot the same as them last year.
2)The stars are the ones with the higher Offensive Consistency ratings.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-17-2019, 03:56 AM   #51
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
I don't think badges factor into sim stats (although i could be wrong, as they DO now affect overall rating). I believe what you're seeing is the result of 2 things:

1)While 2k has done a much better job than usual on ratings this year, they break their 3point rating scale for stars. Check out Kawhi Leonard, CJ McCollum, etc's rating relative to guys who shot the same as them last year.

2)The stars are the ones with the higher Offensive Consistency ratings.

I need more time testing it, but from what I saw badges affect sim stats. Not all of them, but some of them can make a decent impact on sim stats (rebound chaser is the first the comes into my mind).

And, yes, 3pt ratings (and badges) for some stars are pretty incorrect. Maybe they assigned those ratings in order to not upset some stars, we’ll all know how can people can overreact to ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #52
Rookie

barteko's Arena

Steve Clifford ist not a C on defense bro. One of the best defense coaches. give him a "a-"
Slider: barteko
Old 09-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #53
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by barteko
Steve Clifford ist not a C on defense bro. One of the best defense coaches. give him a "a-"

True, he made them a Top10 defense, but the grades are from SimWorld. I’ll make my own adjustments once the roster Is almost finished
Old 09-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #54
Rookie

After a two seasons my league the stats are pretty ****ed up for some superstars. Like some people said, you can see harden ended up with fg% at 55% and 3pt fg% around 45%...

And yes it seems that the badges do have an impact since I lowered some of Lillard without editing his attributes and his % lowered.

One tendency that is quite broken too is the 3pts. Almost every player with at least 70 in 3pts attribute in this 2k have an insanely high tendency in the 45° on the right (sorry I don't know how you call it in English...). For example lebron shoots more in the 45° on the left. And I find this pretty annoying ...

Anyway, I love the work you're putting into this Celtic, I want to thank you for that and can't wait to start a league with your roster
Old 09-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #55
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Peak start/end and play for win/financial security/loyalty edits are completed

Last edited by CelticLG; 09-17-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #56
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

All the 74 badges done

Attributes are next

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »