Home

Different Approach Seems to be Working

This is a discussion on Different Approach Seems to be Working within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Different Approach Seems to be Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
Tried these out last night. I liked them. Why did you crank the awareness sliders up?
I was going to ask about this also. Kind of worried that it will make scrub offensive and defensive players way to smarter/better than what they really are in real life.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

I actually believe the help defense slider should be 0 lol. The issue with the CPU leaving men wide open from 3 is due to the CPU defense overplaying the drive. As soon as you drive every person runs straight from their man and into the paint, and that's not realistic…Only 1-2 people should be helping on the drive and that can only be accomplished by having a low Help D setting.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wanted to answer some questions.

first off, everyone hold on for a day while I test these with the new patch. I'll post updates to the sliders as soon as I've tested.

secondly, I cranked the offensive and defensive awareness slides to the max because players on both end, CPU and non user controlled players weren't making enough smart basketball plays. Jumping at too many pump fakes, not making cuts when they should, running into each other, not guarding their man, the CPU wasn't attacking the rim with skill, using pump fakes, crossover dribbles, playing crafty offense, or making smart plays on fast breaks.

now with the awareness sliders, players look and act like actually know what's going on. Great players are still head and shoulders more athletic and skilled than average players, it just plays like these animated players have brains now instead of empty heads.

next, as far as the help defense, with the sliders turned up, players won't automatically just collapse on the penetrator, but will be AWARE based on their man and where he is and that will dictate whether or not the defender helps off his guy. The NBA is all about help defenses collapsing, drive and kick. Thats literally 50% off offenses. The other 50% is pick and roll.

I guarantee if you use the sliders, guys won't just be wide open taking uncontested 3s.

I've read the notes on the patch, and I anticipate putting blocks back to 50, an maybe a few other things.

I'll be back with updates later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Well after patch 3 we still can't even save these sliders/settings, crazy that we will have to put these in manually every game...
Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

OVR: 7

My settings have been saving.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

After patch it doesn't work with those awareness settings. The CPU force feeds everything down low and they jump every pass.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Def feel that tendencies have to be edited to now. CPU just forced it low all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
R**k**

bogeyexpress's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm gonna wait a couple days for update to see how this thread adjusts to patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »