Home

In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency!

This is a discussion on In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency! within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #17
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
It will never be replicated unless they can code each player to have thier own "mind" and "tendencies". Players off the ball in real life jockey for position, get into feuds, commit stupid fouls etc... which contributes to fouls. Then you have players who look to draw contact on plays like D Wade (infamous pump fake) and J Harden. Then you have the technical fouls which are tied to emotions etc...

They can do some things to improve the fouls but it will never be replicated sim wise
I want the pump fake foul in the game, but I'm afraid THEY are afraid of it being abused online.

(Shocker a game developer leaving a realistic part of a sport out of the game because it might upset the online crowd i.e. Penalties in Madden)

In the NBA if you bite on a pump fake, you are DEAD and I think that would bring some much needed discipline to both offline and online.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:15 AM   #18
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
It would be cool if they stole a page from the show and add like 4-5 ref crews who all call fouls differently...
Wait...this is a thing? I remember suggesting something like this in a thread months ago, as sort of a pipe dream type post. I would never have guessed there was a game already that had something like this implemented, I'm crazy jealous now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
^This.

Happens with every set. Every setting, Sim, Casual, custom w/e. Fix your **** 2K lmaoo
Nothing gets me angrier with this game than seeing borderline flagrant fouls not called (horse collar one is the worst), while hands up defense results in free throws on the other end. The amount of free throws in this game is sim, but the manner in which they are awarded is terrible.

Quote:
I want the pump fake foul in the game, but I'm afraid THEY are afraid of it being abused online.

(Shocker a game developer leaving a realistic part of a sport out of the game because it might upset the online crowd i.e. Penalties in Madden)

In the NBA if you bite on a pump fake, you are DEAD and I think that would bring some much needed discipline to both offline and online.
Okay, this one makes me almost as angry lol. I can't stand getting a defender to bite (especially under the basket!!) and then either getting an on the floor foul or a non-call that stops me in my tracks until the defender recovers.

NBA players are either blowing by the guy who bites, or taking a shot to try for some free throws.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:22 AM   #19
Rookie

L_Diddy's Arena

Quote:

A few times the cpu has got me to bite on a pump fake and get me in the air to draw contact. But I have never been able to do it myself. Most times I end up with the RVD five star frog splash animation (which dead set needs to go). Heres a video i uploaded.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #20
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

Ram,
I've got blocking/charges where we need them IMO but I've lost some reaching and would definitely like to see more illegal screens and loose ball fouls. Again it's about timing the canned animations. For this game Slower is better. The loose ball fouls occur when the jump shot (3s usually ) misses and hangs up in the rim allowing that animation to trigger. Otherwise the rebounding attributes and animations kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Ram,
I've got blocking/charges where we need them IMO but I've lost some reaching and would definitely like to see more illegal screens and loose ball fouls. Again it's about timing the canned animations. For this game Slower is better. The loose ball fouls occur when the jump shot (3s usually ) misses and hangs up in the rim allowing that animation to trigger. Otherwise the rebounding attributes and animations kick in.

give me please your current slider-set. Im testing all day and it make me crazy. Sometimes i get the blocking/charges where we need and than i lost him. i couldn´t find the best formula. im sure the game speed and the attributes speed, quickness and the fatigue rate affect this + the foul slider combination. block foul at 85 and offense foul at 100 i get the best results. Because the cpu try to force you for charging and get mostly the blockung foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #22
Pro

sandmac's Arena

Its in the roster tendency editing. What I do before a game in My League. Is I Edit opposing G/F fouls / take charge to 100 and you'll see them when you drive aggressively. Most in the perimeter. I had 6 CPU Blocking fouls in one game yesterday. I average 3-5 charging calls as well.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #23
Pro

sandmac's Arena

GAME SPEED 41

Offense (User/CPU)

Inside Shot Success – 25/25
Close Shot Success – 30/30
Mid-range Success – 40/40
3PT Success – 42/42
Layup Success – 50/50
Dunk In Traffic Freq – 50/50
Dunk In Traffic Success – 50/50
Pass Accuracy – 47/47
Alley-Oop Success – 55/55
Contact Shot Success – 5/5

Defense

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 90/90
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 54/54
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 53/53
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) -60/60
Jump Shot Defense (Release) - 60/60
Help Defense Strength - 50/50
Steal Success - 57/57

Attributes

Quickness – 52/52
Vertical – 100/100 (trying for more loose balls fouls / keeps jumps quick)
Strength – 52/52 (too many and-1s at 60)
Stamina – 55/55
Speed – 80/80
Durability -60/60
Hustle – 100/100 (More loose ball fouls? Not seeing it yet)
Ball Handling – 52/52
Hands – 55/55
Dunking Ability -50/50
On-Ball Defense – 60/65
Stealing – 57/57
Blocking – 65/100
Offensive Awareness - 55/55
Defensive Awareness – 55/55
Offensive Rebounding - 100/100
Defensive Rebounding – 50/50
Offensive Consistency - 43/43
Defensive Consistency - 56/56
Fatigue Rate – 57/57

Tendencies

Take Inside Shots - 50/45
Take Close Shots – 50/40
Take Mid-range Shots – 50/55
Take 3PT Shots – 50/55
Post Shots – 50/45
Attack The Basket -50/50
Look For Post Players – 50/50
Throw Alley-Oops - 50/55
Attempt Dunks – 50/50
Attempt Putbacks – 60/60
Play Passing Lanes – 60/60
Go For On-Ball Steals – 100/100
Contest Shots - 60/60
Backdoor Cuts – 40/40

Fouls

Over the Back Foul - 65/65
Charging Foul - 82/82
Blocking Foul - 100/100
Reaching Foul - 84/84
Shooting Foul - 62/62
Loose Ball Foul - 75/75
Old 06-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Its in the roster tendency editing. What I do before a game in My League. Is I Edit opposing G/F fouls / take charge to 100 and you'll see them when you drive aggressively. Most in the perimeter. I had 6 CPU Blocking fouls in one game yesterday. I average 3-5 charging calls as well.

thats mean we need a roster editing. But 6 blocking fouls for cpu in one game is too much(not sim). But i have probably an idea. if we change the focus of the foul sliders on loose ball(after roster editing) and reduce a little bit charge/blocking we can get more loose ball fouls. How many O.T.B fouls you see in a game? And what foul-sliders set you use now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »