Home

In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency!

This is a discussion on In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequency! within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Ram, any updates? I'm still not seeing LB or OTB much at all. Maybe one a game.
What are the POE for CPU/USER?
Hello sandmac, I haven't test a lot last time but now I have vacation and I can continue to test. With the durability at 56 You see definetly O.T.B and loose ball more than 58 or 60. I'm not sure if durability has to do with resistance of player to not fall easy on the floor. I test also with speed and I see different results. At one slider combination I see more charging blocking fouls but fewer loose b. And o.t.b. Than I get with other slider changement the opposite. I couldn`t figure out exactly which slider affect The loose ball and o.t.b. only that I force now more shots that hang in the air. Positive is that the average of personal fouls has rise. I get now for cpu and user 17-23 fouls with realistic FTA. With more tweaks I try to find the best balance of foul calls.
I get loose ball and O.T.B fouls where I need it. But the sliders of nba2k15 is not stable. Sometimes it make me angry cause you dont know why parts of the gameplay has changed and you haven't touch it.
You said with defensive consistency you see more fouls. It's the game play sliders or roster edits.
next step I will change roster with "attack strong on drive" and force offensive foul and than reduce the offensive foul slider. In my current set the O.T.B and loose ball have the lowest values, so you see normaly lower foul calls at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 01:17 AM   #42
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: In the name of all that is holy, I want more realistic non-shooting foul frequenc

This game offers a lot of variety and for the most part, each game you play will be different than the last. Trying to test foul sliders can not be done by making a few tweaks and then playing one game. You would have to make a tweak and play 3-5 games just to see if it made any real impact. A lot of what you are seeing as "results" from your tweaks are simply coincidences. You tweaked something, and then one game played different than the last.

Was it because of the tweak? Not likely. It was just the variety this game provides on a game-to-game basis. This is why you are frustrated and seeing different results that you can't quite pin down. There's no real way to know, on a game-by-game basis, if your tweaks are actually causing these differences in foul calls.

Your best bet is to make a tweak. Play out a number of games, and then go from there. This game is just too random to base things off of one, two, or even three games alone. And when it comes to fouls, I think you guys are simply wasting your time. OTB fouls aren't called often because 2k didn't really put them in the game. No amount of tweaking will add a feature that 2k simply ignored.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #43
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramziock
Sometimes it make me angry cause you dont know why parts of the gameplay has changed and you haven't touch it.
You said with defensive consistency you see more fouls. It's the game play sliders or roster edits.
I unplug my box after playing most of a game, then tweek sliders and log results. This way I know the varaince between game factors are not as likely to influence results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »