Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2022, 01:57 AM   #425
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
Yes, but it won’t happen often. If your an offline player, switching from shot timing to real player percentage should help. Theres also an option to adjust shot timing from very early to very late.
Also offline adjusting shot timing to 1 or 0 helps. Still miss but occasionally it will still drop. But I’m a no meter guy but leave my shot timing feedback on so o can see what would have been green or white. But it was rough until I adjusted sliders. Wide opens missing a ton which compared to last year I’m totally fine with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 01:59 AM   #426
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I'd also like to understand the early or late option in the settings menu? Like I obviously feel like it's pretty self explanatory but what throws me off is why is there not a neutrall option. It's either early or late lol.

I dunno it's like 2k wants me to relearn how to shoot every year. Lol

I finally got Birds timing down and he's a beast
Man, I was wondering same thing! I have tried both early and late and don’t really like either of them. I’m shot timing guy so I’ve ALWAYS learned releases and read top of jumper release points. No idea why neutral or normal isn’t an option?!
Old 09-10-2022, 02:05 AM   #427
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-ness32
Game is awesome and has crazy potential with a few tweaks. Just curious, is everyone else getting almost all swishes on all shots using user timing? I love the new jumpshots but only green releases go in and they always swish. I'm sure i can tweak with sliders but kinda weird to have basically all shots that go in swish and never touch the rim unless its a miss.

It’s the opposite way when you use real player percentage. You get no swishes if you don’t use timing.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2022, 02:44 AM   #428
Rookie

Jeter2's Arena

Do they have all the players in the historic rosters? Nope, theyre missing C Webb and several others.

Did the Raptors and Warriors win the first 2 Finals with J Rich and Vince Carter MVPs? Yes

This game mode is gonna be addicting. Still cant get over the filter on the 92 era with baby Payton throwing lobs to Kemp
Old 09-10-2022, 03:06 AM   #429
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
Do they have all the players in the historic rosters? Nope, theyre missing C Webb and several others.

Did the Raptors and Warriors win the first 2 Finals with J Rich and Vince Carter MVPs? Yes

This game mode is gonna be addicting. Still cant get over the filter on the 92 era with baby Payton throwing lobs to Kemp
Yes they are missing several players actually. No Rasheed Wallace + Tayshaun Prince in Pistons, no Brandon Roy in Portland to name some
Old 09-10-2022, 03:08 AM   #430
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Man, I was wondering same thing! I have tried both early and late and don’t really like either of them. I’m shot timing guy so I’ve ALWAYS learned releases and read top of jumper release points. No idea why neutral or normal isn’t an option?!
I think early is the old "normal". For me early is what it should have been. Late is no way near close to the real shot releases of players. I struggled a lot with both by the way. I get a lot of greens on fadeaway post shots but I'm struggling to get good releases on wide open shots. I suggest you to play with the team that you are most familiar with. The one that you almost memorized everything with in NBA 2k22 so the transition process will be smoother to 2K3 to get used to everything, especially shooting.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:42 AM   #431
MVP

lareka's Arena

First of all thank goodness that we have a new nba 2k game that looks like the developers really spent quite a lot of time to bring some new features that pleases the 2k fan base. I was so hopeful of this game after the My Era news and other gameplay leaks.

And I really like this game a lot. A lot.

I play the game on new gen- xbox series x, the game looks incredible. Definitely a step up from 2022, the game is quite a show with it's visuals. The way the jerseys look, the hairs tingle, the rims shake I love every single detail they put on the graphical part of the game which is really important. For me, gameplay , the realism is the most important thing in a nba 2k game but i expected more from 2K on new-gen consoles after last year and they certainly delivered on that part for me. Well done. I see some frame rate drops occasionally especially going from one side of the floor to the other but i'm sure it'll be fixed quickly via an update, so no problem.

The game feels more realistic, movement animations look smoother and more realistic, of course there are lots of games to play / test, adjust sliders but my first impressions are excellent. I even loved the menu, UI. The game feels Nba 2K of ps3 gen, it has similar vibe for me. The 2K that i loved, adored and played endlessly. I feel the same for this one...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 05:07 AM   #432
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
For me, gameplay , the realism is the most important thing in a nba 2k game

The game feels more realistic, movement animations look smoother and more realistic, of course there are lots of games to play / test, adjust sliders but my first impressions are excellent.
I also think like you. There is some improvement in the gameplay but there are still many bugs (graphics, animation, ACE) and especially easy things to do that are not done. It's a shame!

Example:
Why aren't the menus in 60 fps? They are slow the menus, on nextgen why not put 60 fps ? It's easy to do, right?

And can someone better explain to people what is "short press and hold" in the menu options?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »