Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2022, 07:06 AM   #441
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Dude - thank you. Finally got it going. It's a little cumbersome, as it's essentially stick mashing from left to right over and over again, but again, thanks.

Just gotta get used to the different mechanics of trying to get past defenders now. I've never been a big turbo user, but am finding it seems to be the only way to get blow bys (I don;t wanna put on an 'and 1' show for MJ just to beat a defender - just a few hesi's, couple of dribbles then go)

You don’t have to be a dribble gawd man, just go into practice and scrimmage for a low pressure 5v5 and try out a few pet combinations.

They game has trended away from canned dribble set ups for a some years now, but it’s better for it. You like me appreciate signature style…and this game is FULL of it. I can kind of see now why you’ve felt like there was a lack, because you haven’t fully unlocked it yet! They have everything from Jordan’s walk, run to his signature pivots & palms.

and if you need a hand I love teaching that stuff, Hey, start a thread if that helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 07:19 AM   #442
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
So what if your not early or late consistently?I'm not in front of my PS5 right now but as I recall, don't you have to choose one? And I also don't think you can just turn that option off. So it's either just late or early.

I mean I guess if I was always early or always late that option makes sense and would be helpful but I just want it to be "normal" and get my timing figured out at that normal setting. It seems to me that as it stands I'm learning to have my timing either be early or late to accommodate that setting. Or is that not how it works? Is that setting just giving me room for error if I'm early or late?

I dunno in my head what I'm saying makes sense but it might not lol.
from what i understand green is neutral. you are telling the system whether you want the grace period to be earlier than green or later than green. i guess in the “middle” theoretical option (that doesn’t exist) you would be given a smaller grace period both early and late.. however i think this benefit is so small on either end you wouldn’t notice
Old 09-10-2022, 07:23 AM   #443
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
It’s the opposite way when you use real player percentage. You get no swishes if you don’t use timing.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
This issue appears to have been fixed in this mornings patch (PS5). I use Real Player % and now see swishes.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:29 AM   #444
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

A.I sauced me, lol

https://streamable.com/tau548
Old 09-10-2022, 07:29 AM   #445
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
You will see a huge difference from 75 to 80. 95 is crazy help and super fast. Depends on team and players though too. There are other things though you can do like defensive awareness for cpu that also help that. 95 might be too much for some and it does open up drive and kick a bit more for some wide open shots. I’ve even gone 78-82 with maybe 85 or 90 at ceiling. Still toying with it…
That’s interesting that you would bring that up. I originally was thinking the higher numbers would effictively be for better defensive teams, but recently I have been thinking the higher number paired with the defensive awareness/etc could be used for teams that over-commit to the help and a higher slider would hurt them in a sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 07:49 AM   #446
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Out of the box only fast breaks are off steals and breakaways. 1 reason is movement sliders. Out of box they are 60 speed with ball and 75 without ball so no way you beat them up the floor. Once that is edited it opens up the fast break. Does no good online but offline you can fix it.
What would you say are the best settings?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2022, 08:23 AM   #447
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Maybe this was in last year but playing against the Bulls and Andre Drummond has braids and they are actively bouncing around out there. It looks really cool. I’m playing from a more zoomed in cam so maybe I notice it more but it’s a nice touch with the hair.

Shooting is very punishing from the field and FT. Feels like the timing is very unforgiving so I moved shot timing down to 0. That helps bad shooters like me lol.

https://twitter.com/rudyjuly2/status...Ls8PBwIGNMx77g

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 09-10-2022 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:26 AM   #448
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You don’t have to be a dribble gawd man, just go into practice and scrimmage for a low pressure 5v5 and try out a few pet combinations.

They game has trended away from canned dribble set ups for a some years now, but it’s better for it. You like me appreciate signature style…and this game is FULL of it. I can kind of see now why you’ve felt like there was a lack, because you haven’t fully unlocked it yet! They have everything from Jordan’s walk, run to his signature pivots & palms.

and if you need a hand I love teaching that stuff, Hey, start a thread if that helps
Appreciate it man. I'm getting it, little by little, but still struggling with the pressure timing of the sticks. Looking for slower dribbles, I sometimes hold on for too long resulting in a pump fake or shot.

Work in progress!

Just trying to figure out how to turn the corner and get some blow bys with realistic looking moves instead of having to sauce my way past.

Just played my first game in MyNBAEras.....1991. W O W.

Did they patch in authentic arena sounds???? Playing in Chi Stadium and it was alive with the classic Bulls arena sounds!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »