Home

2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

This is a discussion on 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #33
Rookie

Escobeats's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K needs to patch player roles NOW and not wait until next year.

Any of you guys know if that Taj Gibson role has been fixed in 2K NG ? In real-life he's coming off the bench and willing to put in the work with the minutes he gets. But in 2K14 CG he's always asking for trades or unhappy with his role. It was similar to what happened with nate robinson in 2K13

Champions:
, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
Old 11-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #34
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Right now I'm just trying to figure out why when I signed a FA in the offseason to a Sixth Man role, he ends up pissed and demanding a trade? Like literally, I approach him to sign, he tells me he wants X amount of money to play Sixth Man, I accommodate his wants, and he still gets angry. Pretty frustrating, I haven't been able to keep a Sixth Man happy so far, and I'm about 6 or 7 years in.

Another problem I have with MyGM is the same the issue I had on CG Association, the league just becomes way to scrambled up way too fast. By year 3 the league looks like there was a fantasy draft. I think trades should be toned down a lot, only time you really see trades in real life is during the offseason (Which we can't do), and right around all star break. My phone rings OFF THE HOOK throughout the whole season with trade offers.

I think that player morale, especially low morale, is over exaggerated in the game. You rarely see players in the NBA demanding trades, but in MyGM at least one player on every team wants out. Players should be able to adjust to their role with less sensitivity. I think there should be stats we can look at that calculates statistics per 48 minutes. If I have a player on the bench that is out performing a starter, I wanna be able to make that change without having to trade my starter to keep my team morale up. Players are way too sensitive, and everything is based on Overall instead of statistical output, like stated by my man Gosens6 above.

And another thing, kind of off-topic but definitely an issue for me right now. MCW strained his back and was supposed to be out for 2-4 weeks. But he ended up being out for the whole year (even though the injury report continued to say 2-4 weeks the whole year). I though that maybe it was because I had a Trainer with that Staff Badge that experiments and potentially keeps your player out longer. But no, MCW ended up being hurt the WHOLE NEXT SEASON also. I'm starting to think its a bug. Anyone else encountered this?
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

Last edited by quehouston; 11-20-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #35
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
And another thing, kind of off-topic but definitely an issue for me right now. MCW strained his back and was supposed to be out for 2-4 weeks. But he ended up being out for the whole year (even though the injury report continued to say 2-4 weeks the whole year). I though that maybe it was because I had a Trainer with that Staff Badge that experiments and potentially keeps your player out longer. But no, MCW ended up being hurt the WHOLE NEXT SEASON also. I'm starting to think its a bug. Anyone else encountered this?
Yes I've actually encountered this glitch a few times. Durant signed with the Knicks but for some reason he and K Love haven't played for 2 years due to minor 2 to 4 week injures.

I'm glad we can get a constructive dialogue going about player roles. For some reason the CPU insist on Rookies playing few minutes no matter what their rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #36
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Perhaps an EXPECTATIONS personality rating? 99 would be LeBron, Kobe, etc. They expect to start every single game, they expect to never be benched, they expect to make the playoffs every single year.

0 expectations would be someone just trying to have a job. mostly free agents and UDFAs.

somewhere in the 40s could be guys like Jarrett jack, Harrison Barnes, etc. that rating would equate to guys who are willing to take lower MPG roles to help their teams win games. they don't expect anything but to help contribute with 20ish minutes a game.

just a thought.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #37
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

So everything could be fixed if everyone's overall was knocked down by 5-10pts?
Old 11-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #38
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
There needs to be a system in place that removes overall rating.

Keep individual attributes, but have teams and coaches base their lineups on statistical output and production, not just overall rating. A system where teams actually looked at attributes that fit their team play style, instead of just an arbitrary overall rating would go a long way

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
THIS. Would improve the entire MyGM experience greatly.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
So everything could be fixed if everyone's overall was knocked down by 5-10pts?
Normally I do this every year and its the only way to have a good association without all the player issues.

Bums are rated 50 and below.
Role players are rated 55-60ish
Sixth man type players rated 65-75
Starters(not all) rated 70-75ish
Allstars 75-85ish
Superstars 85+

Not my exact technique but good example. I normally do this every year for 2k on PC. Most importantly really good rosters with updated tendencies.

Potentials are probably the biggest issue with association and mygm(assuming besides vC unchanged). Very few regular nba players will have over 50 potential rating with my roster. Not everyone will be the next star and I always try to make it clear who are the stars and who are bench players.

I could go on and on. Take me a few days to do this but the end result is great.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #40
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy83
Okay I'll bite...Anybody who really plays 2k knows the player roles have always been broken. They were never implemented correctly and always just caused problems. People have always complained about it in these threads but it always had a fix, turn it off. The reason why this game is getting bashed so badly is because I can't play the game the way I WANT to. Now I'm being forced to play the way someone else wants me to.

I'll be honest I took mine back after 24 hrs and got store credit and picked something else up. AT least 4 of my friends did the same. The removal of features is almost criminal. This game is a slap in the face to all the users here on this forum that actually play deep into seasons and play association offline and online. Yeah ONLINE, you know the feature totally removed. I've been a lifelong supporter of this franchise and to be honest have never been more dissapointed in my life with a game. I would've been happy with the graphics,lighting and presentation changes. This game always allowed me to play the way I want to and now I feel like EA made this game which trust me is the exact opposite of what you guys want.
I'll bite too. Association is the ONLY mode I've been playing ever since NBA 2K arrived on PC. Even most of my modding efforts were on making Association more interesting. And since I was hired by VC in July 2013, I've been working my bottom off every day working on it. And instead of staying away from the complaints (that reach poisonous, plain hate sometimes and make it really hard to take all this), I'm here every day, noting down suggestions, tracking down as many bugs as I can find, and trying to start discussions on implementation. Why do it again and not just look at old wishlist threads? Because even the most minute of tuning behind-the-scenes may result in changes that make old wishlists irrelevant. So, feel free to join in the discussion as to how Player Roles should work and affect player morale as well as any other aspect, and take solace (if any) in the fact that I'm watching closely and discussing the best ideas with my colleagues.

I still have a gazillion things I've wanted to work on "if I ever had the chance to work at VC", and the list only grows bigger with each great idea I come across in the community. That's why I'm trying to get discussion going, instead of seeing a thread that says "oh I hate this rip it out" and just shake my head and move on.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »