Home

I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

This is a discussion on I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #41
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmangoUnchained
The animations, first and foremost. This isn't to say that I'm not bothered by the rebounding averages, but reason leads me to believe that if the first issues are addressed, there will be significant progress in improving the second. I'd be totally fine averaging six boards a game if the opportunities simply were not there or if my timing/positioning were poor every now and then. It happens. But I think at the very least I should not be having problems securing those "gimme" rebounds that the game basically tries to hand to me.
Hmm i went on HOF with the showcase grabbed down 10 boards but i noticed a few of those animations that you put in your vids i don't have much of a problem with it on the lower difficulty's though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

You guys are spot on but put it on the 2k15 wish list. 2k has so much to clean up and while rebounding is still imperfect they've steadily improved this throughout the franchise imo. Like the idea of a box out sig skill and while I'm hating 2k REALLY hard right now, it's cool the game has evolved so much that this actually matters.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #43
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

I went back to the 6'11 and wow night and day on how they feel so different the 7'2 footer feels like it has 2 speed and 2 quickness compared to the 6'11 feeling like a 99

The reaction is a nightmare on the 7 footers im losing way too many rebounds

Last edited by RangersCruz; 12-12-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #44
Rookie

Quick update, Patch 3 didn't seem to address these issues. I finished a 12 minute quarter game on Superstar with 4 rebounds on my center, and there were maybe 7-8 that animations prevented me from getting.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzSkjS3ohqc

Last edited by DmangoUnchained; 12-20-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #45
Just started!

It's not just in MyPlayer, also in MyGM I have the feeling the opponent's AI gets a massive rebound boost. I play with the Knicks (Stoudemire and Chandler 32 mins) on All-Star (ps4) and get half of the rebounds that my opponent gets, both offensive and defensive. I used to play HoF in NBA 2K13 and never had a problem. Sadly it's one of many glitches in this game. Deeply disappointed by 2K again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #46
Banned

Where to start first less see you have a 7'2 center more than likely his vertical isn't that high so u need to use technique which u don't have your timing a boxing out is horrible just because your tall doesnt mean you should stick ur arm out and rebound like a monstar from space jam gotta anticipate the shot and box out The tallest players in the league aren't the best rebounders check the stats Reggie Evans 6'8 league best rebounder the bigger you are the slower you jump OK would experiment with this but im sure I grab like 20 boards just be a waste of time
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #47
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann1oo
Where to start first less see you have a 7'2 center more than likely his vertical isn't that high so u need to use technique which u don't have your timing a boxing out is horrible just because your tall doesnt mean you should stick ur arm out and rebound like a monstar from space jam gotta anticipate the shot and box out The tallest players in the league aren't the best rebounders check the stats Reggie Evans 6'8 league best rebounder the bigger you are the slower you jump OK would experiment with this but im sure I grab like 20 boards just be a waste of time
is this yours?
Old 01-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #48
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
is this yours?
I was staring at the picture for full 10 mins and knew it had something to do with the grammar, then hit view image and saw the missing key lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »