Home

Who gives a crap about injuries?

This is a discussion on Who gives a crap about injuries? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you happy with the current injury system?
Yes if the player is injured he shouldn't be useable in any game mode. Even quick match. 5 12.82%
No, Only players out for the entire season should be unusable 2 5.13%
No, injuries should only effect MyGM and Online matches, not play now and NBA Today. 23 58.97%
Remove the injuries altogether, it they happen in game it happens, I don't care about the real NBA 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #17
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Who gives a crap about injuries?

It's consequence in perpetuity liquidated the piano so they're worthwhile to include in Asia mode but certainly not mode such as play more or online quick March
Old 12-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
That is stupid, if you start a new season or myGM or even myPlayer, you should start with full non-injuried rosters, after all its a video game. The second you start a myGM or season mode, its not going to be like the real NBA season, so the injuries shouldn't be the same as the real NBA.

It should be like it has always been. Just give an option to have injuries on or off.

If you are playing as the celitcs you should be able to use Rondo, if using the Lakers you should be able to use Kobe.

Where is the fun in a video game not being able to use a star player of your favorite team?
That's what I'm saying 2K acts like they died lol instead of getting injured.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Once LeBron James is injured, we will see an end to this. Trust me. Just like Infinity Ward took out QuickScoping in Call of Duty, they patched it right back in because everyone complained.

It is all about $$$$$$$$$$ (ahem, VC) and most people use the Miami Heat.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

This is my dying wish right now
Old 12-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #21
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

I want the option to have real pre-existing injuries in MyGM, without a doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 01:57 AM   #22
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
That is stupid, if you start a new season or myGM or even myPlayer, you should start with full non-injuried rosters, after all its a video game. The second you start a myGM or season mode, its not going to be like the real NBA season, so the injuries shouldn't be the same as the real NBA.

It should be like it has always been. Just give an option to have injuries on or off.

If you are playing as the celitcs you should be able to use Rondo, if using the Lakers you should be able to use Kobe.

Where is the fun in a video game not being able to use a star player of your favorite team?
Um what? there are no current injuries when you start a new career or gm
Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #23
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

Injuries need to go!!!!

They are ok for NBA TODAY (or online) games which reflect the actual day.

But in normal quick games, MyGM and other modes you should be able to use every player you want.
We pay for the game to use our favorite players.
So atleast there should be a option to turn injuries off.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Same crying every year smh. Injuries are apart of the game like headbands and shoes. Players should be available BUT have their overalls dropped to 50 so they are scrubs. That should fix the " I want to play with ....." Crying . You get the injured version of the player so you can cry about how he isn't effective BECAUSE HE'S INJURED
Lol I don't even know how to begin to respond to that. Anyway yeah we should have the option to turn injuries off for offline gameplay after updating the rosters. With it being Christmas Day for example a lot of NBA may have gotten NBA 2K14 fo4 the first time and fans probably want to play with Kobe, D.Rose, etc but they can't which is sad. The thing we all have loved about 2K Sports games is the ability to customize how ever we want. I can imagine the uproar there would be if Lebron the cover athlete was unavailable to play with offline and online.

It's comical 2K tries to go in such detail about injuries in there roster updates, but turns a blind eye to updating tendencies/ team playstyles and hotspots accurately or ratings which are more crucial for the teams to play like there real life counter parts than listing the players injury exact. I the approach that should be taken is just take the injured players out of 12 man rotation, that way they will not be available online and offline we can just edit the roster and put them back in rotation if we like (customizing). I wouldn't be bothered if there was a option online to turn injuries off for online games. This is a thread 2K devs need to pay attention to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »