Home

We don't want DRM in this game

This is a discussion on We don't want DRM in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #65
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We don't want DRM in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I did not see this, may you have a link?
It was in the write-up from Ramone about Stubs and Universal Profiles

Quote:
STUBS – A Universal Currency that isn’t trying to get in your wallet.

In MLB® 14 The Show™, you won’t just earn XP while you play; you’ll also earn Stubs, a universal currency that can be cashed in for bonus resources like Road to the Show Training Points, Franchise Budget, and Diamond Dynasty Budget.

We must emphasize: we have in NO way restricted the quality experience you’re used to in favor of more micro-transactions. This is a universal currency focused on frequently rewarding our users for their accomplishments. As with previous years, you can elect to buy additional resources through the PlayStation Store, but we work hard to provide the best, most balanced experience, right out of the box.
he didnt specifically mention nba 2k but i think we all know thats what he was referring to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
It was in the write-up from Ramone about Stubs and Universal Profiles

he didnt specifically mention nba 2k but i think we all know thats what he was referring to.
Thank you, sir. I know there's been articles and backlash about DRM but sometimes I struggle to gauge how big of an impact that feedback may have brought forth. Reading releases like this from other companies actually gives me more hope, because it seems to suggest this is really an issue of which everyone's caught wind, and that'd hopefully make it tougher for NBA 2K to move forth in the same direction.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #67
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

To whoever said that this game will be a coaster...that's too far.

Do a lot of you guys keep playing your saves after the new game comes out or something? I always get the new game because I like it to be fresh, sure 2K needs a lot of work, however I think it is still a pretty darn good game.

For someone that eats, sleeps, and lives basketball, this game is a must buy every year. Hell, I bought a PS4 and the only game I have is 2k14 and the one other game on my horizon is NBA 2K15. This might not be the case for some of you and I don't mean to take it to the extreme but the pros still outweigh the cons in my opinion.

For as long as I'll be playing video games in my lifetime, a basketball game will always be a must buy. Until Live can bring some viable competition, this game will stay #1 to me. Just an opinion though...I do agree THE DRM NEEDS TO GO.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
To whoever said that this game will be a coaster...that's too far.

Do a lot of you guys keep playing your saves after the new game comes out or something? I always get the new game because I like it to be fresh, sure 2K needs a lot of work, however I think it is still a pretty darn good game.

For someone that eats, sleeps, and lives basketball, this game is a must buy every year. Hell, I bought a PS4 and the only game I have is 2k14 and the one other game on my horizon is NBA 2K15. This might not be the case for some of you and I don't mean to take it to the extreme but the pros still outweigh the cons in my opinion.

For as long as I'll be playing video games in my lifetime, a basketball game will always be a must buy. Until Live can bring some viable competition, this game will stay #1 to me. Just an opinion though...I do agree THE DRM NEEDS TO GO.
I love and live the game of basketball and I used to think buying a new NBA video game each year was a must, but I passed on 2K due to its myriad issues this year and have gotten along without it much better than I thought I would have.

Currently, if I need a video game basketball fix, I find myself going back to NBA 2K12 and using the classic rosters I downloaded. Though 2K12 and 2K13 both have their pros and cons, I prefer the pros of 2K12: manual saves, very limited online interactivity, blocked dunks, no Jay-Z inspiration in the soundtrack or presentation, Greatest Mode with era filters, etc.

I've found that I cannot afford to purchase new basketball games just so they're fresh. I found way too many aspects about 2K14 that I personally did not prefer to see in my purchased products to justify picking it up merely because it's new. I suppose it's simply a matter that in my case, contrary to your own, the cons most definitely outweighed the pros this year. I often wondered what it'd take for me not to buy a new 2K. This year I got my answer.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #69
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I love and live the game of basketball and I used to think buying a new NBA video game each year was a must, but I passed on 2K due to its myriad issues this year and have gotten along without it much better than I thought I would have.

Currently, if I need a video game basketball fix, I find myself going back to NBA 2K12 and using the classic rosters I downloaded. Though 2K12 and 2K13 both have their pros and cons, I prefer the pros of 2K12: manual saves, very limited online interactivity, blocked dunks, no Jay-Z inspiration in the soundtrack or presentation, Greatest Mode with era filters, etc.

I've found that I cannot afford to purchase new basketball games just so they're fresh. I found way too many aspects about 2K14 that I personally did not prefer to see in my purchased products to justify picking it up merely because it's new. I suppose it's simply a matter that in my case, contrary to your own, the cons most definitely outweighed the pros this year. I often wondered what it'd take for me not to buy a new 2K. This year I got my answer.
Very interesting, I appreciate your insight and thoughts on the matter. I did play 2K12 the other day with my brother, awesome game. I love the modes in that game and it is nice to have limited connectivity to the internet. The soundtrack in that game is great, so I feel you on that one.

I guess it is all preference and it's nice to hear other perspectives. As sad as it may sound, I feel as if I'll always have to purchase an NBA title no matter how bad it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »