Home

The most frustrating thing in this game.

This is a discussion on The most frustrating thing in this game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The most frustrating thing in this game.

I'm going to go with when you try to block a **** or rebound, and get knocked down and land somewhere out of bounds doing the "I fell down" animation... then as soon as you stand up (while still out of bounds) the CPU passes you the ball and you get the turnover.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #10
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
treat blocks like a rebound, and this will minimize this issue.
box out on blocked shots, it works
not when youre the one blocking the shot. far too often i block a shot and it falls right back into the hands of the guy i blocked. he then immediately goes back up and scores while im still stuck in the block animation. in my career that means i "allowed an offensive rebound" and "allowed my matchup to score". how i get penalized for blocking a shot i will never understand.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #11
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Most frustrating thing for me is movement or lack there of!!!! Playing Defence last night with JonasV and somehow get warped/pushed out of position to allow a cpu layup its VERY cheap! I mean I had to literally fight my controller to get Jonas in a good position( since he's wearing iceskates) but stuff like that made me put this game back in the box to trade...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #12
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

It would be nice if the rules that applied to me(Human players) would be also applied to the CPU. I mean if somebody wants to play HOF then yeah the CPU may have a very slight advantage..but on All-Star it feel's like CPU cheats to get its victories
Old 04-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
not when youre the one blocking the shot. far too often i block a shot and it falls right back into the hands of the guy i blocked. he then immediately goes back up and scores while im still stuck in the block animation. in my career that means i "allowed an offensive rebound" and "allowed my matchup to score". how i get penalized for blocking a shot i will never understand.
I dont have that issue, but then again I dont use my player. IN franchise mode Im not seeing this.
I personally think blocks are accurately represented.

here is a link for blocks and rebounding
http://www.82games.com/comm16.htm
Old 04-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

While we're on the topic of most frustrating. Lets see... missing out on loose balls is up there. Playing good defense only for the CPU to make a contested shot with seconds left on the play clock. The CPU only providing "help" before your opponent cuts to the basket. ENES KANTER! My player trying to make a save when we weren't the last to save it. The CPU never missing a shot. The CPU forcing you into a contested shot animation, when you're wide open. Not being able to hit wide open shots late with the lead. Not being able to avoid quick fouls, or the game slowing down your player to employ them. Come back logic in that the CPU hits too many 3's late while trailing. Too many unsuccessful and 1's. Zach Randolph's ability to retain dribble with a guard bearing down on him in the post, without picking up his dribble. Inability to defend the alley-oop. No fouls called on defender contact when driving. Players going for layups and hitting the front iron instead of dunking. The CPU making shots that go over the backboard. Can't create players to start your franchise with. Teams don't plan or care that LeBron James is hitting free agency. Teams drafting poorly. And the fact that the Pelicans traded me Anthony Davis for my 2nd pick, then selecting Gary Harris with Wiggins and Parker still on the board. I should stop, I'll be doing this all night. And that the server sucks where you can't update rosters for a period of time extending weeks. I'm done with this year's game. 17 years in the making my ***.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:07 AM   #15
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

OVR: 2

I've stopped playing because its not fun to watch the cpu throw up loose balls for net. Of to watch passes hit people in the back or the cpu super men react to pass when pinned behind my guy or...

I am just done.

Came here hoping for a game path 5. Guess not. Oh well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #16
Pro

The most frustrating thing in this game? Just about everything. And you guys are only complaining about offline, trying playing it online competitively lol. 2k is the most overrated game every year but people are tricked into thinking it is great because it looks like basketball and their competitor puts out even worse garbage. I am dedicated basketball enthusiast but this is the last time I purchase a game from 2k. Been burnt way to many times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »