Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #25

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
It doesn't matter who is on the cover, if they don't fix the canimation where the majority of the gameplay is dominated by animations, it will be terrible. Basically, camination stop users from having complete control of the game.

My message to 2K: LET USERS HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE IN THE GAME. Everything else you put in the game doesn't matter.
If your looking for control the other NBA game is where you should be looking. Control is something they've always pride themselves on at EA, thats actually why the game looks so robotic at times cause you can break out of anything at anytime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #26
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I honestly thought Lebron would've done multiple covers.....
Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #27
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
If your looking for control the other NBA game is where you should be looking. Control is something they've always pride themselves on at EA, thats actually why the game looks so robotic at times cause you can break out of anything at anytime.

The game looks robotic because it is robotic and stiff, no animations and frankly EA never gave a crap about making their models move like humans. It wasn't that bad on the PS2/xbox. Frankly the controls are worse than what they were in the past and there are so many people contradicting what they want on these forums im not sure if people know what the heck they want anymore.

Let's not start over exxaggerating what's going on here. The game might have alot of animations but that doesn't mean you can't control anything. I think there are things they need to really fix, add some RT physics, remove some things but I rarely say "dang I played a whole game and the entire time I didn't control not one move".

You guys with the hyperbole man, its gotten old as heck.

Anyway, KD is popular right now, and I have no idea how they choose who's to represent but I wonder if there will be some kind of Durant mode or something
Old 05-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #28
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
One thing to note: Durant is an avid 2K baller. The guy plays all the time and he's on record stating he absolutely loves the game. I'm sure he will definitely have his opinions on how to improve or make the game more immersive. Now, if the dev team works that in is another story.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #29
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
One thing to note: Durant is an avid 2K baller. The guy plays all the time and he's on record stating he absolutely loves the game. I'm sure he will definitely have his opinions on how to improve or make the game more immersive. Now, if the dev team works that in is another story.

Funny thing is as bad as people talk about this game, I see alot of pro players playing this game and posting stuff about it all of the time. Claiming its not real and how terrible it is yet these guys are always playing and referencing the game.

KD complains about how they get his face wrong though
Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Funny thing is as bad as people talk about this game, I see alot of pro players playing this game and posting stuff about it all of the time. Claiming its not real and how terrible it is yet these guys are always playing and referencing the game.

Word!
this game gets so over analyzed and complained about yet there is NO OTHER basketball game you can remotely compare it to! so its not SIM like... okay, show me your ideal SIM like basketball game!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #31
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

PC version better be the next gen update. Not buying overpriced paperweight consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

2K is historically a wonderful basketball series. But for the sake of discussion, I do not believe a pro player's video game preference always speaks directly to a game's quality in every regard. I think it means it's the basketball game to have these days. But then, Madden has been the football game for years just as well. Through the good years and the bad, there's always been a bevy of professional football players who have been playing and loving it.

In fact, I feel as though it took 2K years to break through with the mainstream audience, despite providing what I always viewed to be a superior simulation product. It seemed NBA players were all about NBA Live, nearly up until its implosion. Before Live, Shaquille O'Neal was bringing the entire NBA Jam arcade machine with him on road trips. So again, I think NBA players are probably similar to a lot of us - some are looking for realism, some are kids who grew up to be professional ballplayers who are just looking to play what's easy and hot, and some are a mix of everything.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-07-2014 at 06:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »