Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #41
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I like the series but I do have many problems with the game, but im not coming here to write a book because its basically been done to death here from day 1.

My point is, people complain so much you'd think this game was a piece of garbage and its not. Its not their best iteration but its not the worst either.

I see less and less of telling 2k what was right and more about whats wrong 24/7. Bringing up NBA Live is the biggest joke trying to justify a stance because its just not even close, im sorry.

Don't get me wrong, I think its justified too because I for one cannot stand the online aspect/direction/priority this game has taken. I dont care for those modes and they arent the reason I ever played 2k but thats another subject. I've spoken against it many times, and they need to fix the issues at hand most definitely. I don't care for the hype the way its presented like the userbase are all 8th graders and I would love for them to expand on NBA stuff more than just making everything about My player, parks and crap. IMO it has ruined the game catering to this crowd. You don't have to agree but that's just what I see.

It was a thought that I had just from seeing alot of posts here and there.

I agree with you about the issues with animations which is why I made that reference, I just dont feel like writing a book about it everyday on the forum.

The hyperbole stuff though man, sometimes its just too much.
well said.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
It doesn't matter who is on the cover, if they don't fix the canimation where the majority of the gameplay is dominated by animations, it will be terrible. Basically, camination stop users from having complete control of the game.

My message to 2K: LET USERS HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE GAME. Everything else you put in the game doesn't matter. Please think about making the game fun and making it fun for the users as oppose to sacrificing fun the sake of realism and simulation. I mean realism and simulation is important but at the end of the day, it sould be about fun and gaming.
Thank you.

Been saying this for years. It's all about 'looking real' now. Give me the level of control back we had in the sega genesis days. So much more fun back then. If they kept that player control and updated the game in other areas, it could be a monster.

It's a friggin' video game, the most important thing is that it should play well/be fun to play. I'll turn on the TV if I want to see real ball.

Obviously, they're not there yet in terms of being able to make an amazing/realistic looking game that also controls great. They're like in this awkward in between state right now where the games feel very automated (like they're almost playing themselves)

Last edited by bakan723; 05-08-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:38 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
It doesn't matter who is on the cover, if they don't fix the canimation where the majority of the gameplay is dominated by animations, it will be terrible. Basically, camination stop users from having complete control of the game.

My message to 2K: LET USERS HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE GAME. Everything else you put in the game doesn't matter. Please think about making the game fun and making it fun for the users as oppose to sacrificing fun the sake of realism and simulation. I mean realism and simulation is important but at the end of the day, it sould be about fun and gaming.
I back you 100% Lets start a damn petition. I am so sick and tired of all the canimations. It's sickening when I can play Madden (11 players on each end) and have more control than playing 2k with 5 vs 5. If we as gamers come together and refuse to spend our hard earned on 2k's product, they will have no choice but to meet our expectations.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:39 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
The one thing I'll say about canimation is that a portion of it is 'momentum-based'. You can't really TRULY move wherever you want, however you want, if you want to be truly sim (gambling on D and cutting with low QUI rating must have consequences)...but I know what you mean in regards to dribble defense, gathers, layups, dunks, blocks, and collisions.
I hear what you're saying, but why was it successfully done with previous installments? Or were those not sim?
Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 AM   #45
Rookie

Thank you Kolanji. I am so happy to hear people expressing the same concerns that I have been complaining about these last few years. I understand a lot of people are newer to the franchise, but if you started from the beginning like a lot of us, the decline in control and gameplay STAND OUT. Someone earlier mentioned sacrificing control for a sim look. I would rather the game take a step back from sim if it meant I would have more control during gameplay. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun and responsive to the controller! What the hell is the purpose of playing a game that doesn't respond to your inputs on the sticks man? I won't continue to bark about the gameplay, I just hope that when October arrives people aren't just shelling out their hard-earned for the same ol same. Your voice is in your wallet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #46
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

What previous installment was this successfully done in?

we talk about sacrifices...

I personally don't want to sacrifice realism for the sake of perceived control. I don't want to be able turn on a dime like I did in 2k7-2k8. That was fun for then, but it doesn't make any sense to return to that now.

The answer of course, is somewhere in the middle.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What previous installment was this successfully done in?

we talk about sacrifices...

I personally don't want to sacrifice realism for the sake of perceived control. I don't want to be able turn on a dime like I did in 2k7-2k8. That was fun for then, but it doesn't make any sense to return to that now.

The answer of course, is somewhere in the middle.
you're bugging bro. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN ON A DIME!

This slow a s s game sucks bro. Its the ONLY basketball game available, and as a fan of videogames and basketball, i dont have a choice but to play this.
Iwould prefer to be able to control my guys on the court as i see fit than to adhere to the logic and stiff player movements and terrible button responses on 2k.
Why else do you think people who have been playing this franchise for so long, dream of 2k going back to the "way it used to be"? Older games gave us more controls, more options, better game modes, and didnt charge us for petty stuff like arm bands, headbands and other accessories.
I dont mind change....change can be good...but it also can be bad.
Honestly, ever since 2k12, i saw that the change that 2k was going for was not in a good direction. They started feeling themselves and lost sight of what got them to the position that they were in(NBA 2k11-2010) the first place.

Being hungry, wanting to be the best, and willing to listen to the people, and awesome control over simulated basketball is what made 2k great.

Nowadays.... 2K just LOOKS good....and the modes offered are the worst that its ever been. The online is an abomination, and VC eats into every mode which deters people from wanting to keep playing this game.

All im saying is back to your original statement, i and a whole bunch of other folks that have played 2k over the years are used to a certain standard, and we have put 2k on notice that these past few years, ps4 and Xbox One included versions of 2k14 are not living up to the 2k Standard as far as options and controls are concerned. we just want back who we fell in love with....

I swear they need to get rid of these controls and bring it back to 2k11 without all the health bar, and losing the ball stuff...I've never seen any nba player get tired from dribbling, or lose his dribble from trying to spin off his defender.

I wanna be able to have control over the players like THIS!!! Bring this back 2k.

Maybe this is why they wont let you spin at will at the top the key with a defender on, because 2k knows how effective a spin move can be on a defender.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #48
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
you're bugging bro. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN ON A DIME!

This slow a s s game sucks bro. Its the ONLY basketball game available, and as a fan of videogames and basketball, i dont have a choice but to play this.
Iwould prefer to be able to control my guys on the court as i see fit than to adhere to the logic and stiff player movements and terrible button responses on 2k.
Why else do you think people who have been playing this franchise for so long, dream of 2k going back to the "way it used to be"? Older games gave us more controls, more options, better game modes, and didnt charge us for petty stuff like arm bands, headbands and other accessories.
I dont mind change....change can be good...but it also can be bad.
Honestly, ever since 2k12, i saw that the change that 2k was going for was not in a good direction. They started feeling themselves and lost sight of what got them to the position that they were in(NBA 2k11-2010) the first place.

Being hungry, wanting to be the best, and willing to listen to the people, and awesome control over simulated basketball is what made 2k great.

Nowadays.... 2K just LOOKS good....and the modes offered are the worst that its ever been. The online is an abomination, and VC eats into every mode which deters people from wanting to keep playing this game.

All im saying is back to your original statement, i and a whole bunch of other folks that have played 2k over the years are used to a certain standard, and we have put 2k on notice that these past few years, ps4 and Xbox One included versions of 2k14 are not living up to the 2k Standard as far as options and controls are concerned. we just want back who we fell in love with....

I swear they need to get rid of these controls and bring it back to 2k11 without all the health bar, and losing the ball stuff...I've never seen any nba player get tired from dribbling, or lose his dribble from trying to spin off his defender.

I wanna be able to have control over the players like THIS!!! Bring this back 2k.

Maybe this is why they wont let you spin at will at the top the key with a defender on, because 2k knows how effective a spin move can be on a defender.

^^^This guy gets it.

To whoever said you don't want to turn on a dime...why not? Professional basketball players can turn on a dime and perform crazy moves at times so why would this not be in the game? Why does it feel like the player is moving in molasses?

And to the stamina point, you're absolutely right. I've never seen any NBA player lose tons of fatigue from performing dribble moves. Maybe a slight progression throughout the course of a game but as it is now it seems as if they get tired very quickly from performing simple moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »