Home

Does "Clutch Factor" exist in NBA2K14 on X-Box One?

This is a discussion on Does "Clutch Factor" exist in NBA2K14 on X-Box One? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 03:45 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does "Clutch Factor" exist in NBA2K14 on X-Box One?

It's not easy. Have to use your timeouts. Patient on offense. Take mid range to close open shots. Your CPU will start sagging on D. Guard manually more often. Double team manually. You're going to struggle a bit, but try and keep at least a 6 pt. lead during the rubber band. I play with the Knocks, so 2K ALWAYS tries to bring back the Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors etc. You have to live with splitting free throws and giving up boards. It's very satisfying when you get over the hump and separate yourself from your opponent. It's too bad that 2K still has this infuriating stuff in it. The players here that says it doesn't exist are EXACTLY who rubber banding was designed for. LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 03:50 AM   #42
Banned

And if anyone thinks I'm talking out of my a$$.. My XBO tag is ImaFreeThinker if you want a tournament level challenge.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #43
Rookie

Well the difference is it's not necessarily "scripted." It is still responding to how you play the game, so you still have some control over it. And you can't eliminate it from the game because there are times when a team, in real life, says "alright enough, there's 5 mins left, let's get busy" and they really start to push.

The thing that bothers me in 2k is you aren't beating me. I would be alright if you just outplayed me. You don't though. You change the physics of the world, or you make it so I can't make a layup, or something where you didn't earn what just happened. You make great screens, and move the ball perfectly, and your players are just trying harder then alright, even if it's catch up, it's more realistic. You win. Good game. But when my player all of a sudden can't dribble and he's a 99 overall, or a simple entry pass soars over the backboard, then you're not beating me. Your team is not outplaying my team.

The way you beat it is to just slow the game down. 2K's momentum engine operates in waves. 2 mins of your team having an advantage, 2 mins of your opponent. So, when catch up is on, and they're making a monster come back, pass the ball in, bring it up court and just wait. Then, with about 6-7 seconds left on the shot clock, work your best play to the interior, not a 3 or jump shot. Even if you miss and they get it back, at least you're limiting their possessions. Can't score if you don't have the ball. Hopefully you eat up enough time where the momentum engine swings, or the game time runs out and you escape with the victory.

EDIT: Again, not dealing in absolute's. Doesn't happen to everybody, 100% of the time.

Last edited by turrisi2; 08-26-2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #44
Banned

LoL...Just got robbed by the Blazers/CPU again...Was in a Quick Match...Up by 10 w/ 2 mins left...Turn the ball over 3x while dribbling, and the opponent gets 3 3 pt plays (2 And 1's and a 3)...I knew that 2K had flipped the switch on my Knicks. A couple of seconds left, my opponent fouls Melo. Wouldn't you know, he misses a FT and the Blazers hit a miracle fadeaway over 2 defenders to send it into OT...I pulled it out on OT, but had to time forfeit because I'm at work and I take calls so that's just the way it goes.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #45
Banned

...And the turnovers were those strange bump ones...Slightest hip contact (if any at all) etc and Felton does that clueless "legs buckle and stare at the ball and don't pick it up" animation...This game kills me sometimes!!!!!!...The fix is in man...How do these 2K devs say there's no rubberbanding with a straight face??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
...And the turnovers were those strange bump ones...Slightest hip contact (if any at all) etc and Felton does that clueless "legs buckle and stare at the ball and don't pick it up" animation...This game kills me sometimes!!!!!!...The fix is in man...How do these 2K devs say there's no rubberbanding with a straight face??
Well i've found the way to get it to minimum:

- I am using KayOtic sliders with Cam's roster and what i have noticed is that attributes appears to get boost for CPU when it decides to comeback, some up to +5-+7 on top of all other boosts.

- Most important is Strength boost which causes CPu to shove your players all over the place(which leads to lots of steals, interceptions and bad shots in combination with Ballhandling), so i adjusted Strength for CPU from 40 to 35 and most of the silly stuff stopped happening(human STR is still at 100 per original slider). If you go any lower then that, CPU can't do anything (This is on Allstar).

It seems to improve CPU offensive play because now they are actually trying to call the play instead of just trying to force it's way inside by dribbling and pushing away your players.

I assume different difficulty levels will need different strength adjustment (like higher lever even lower STR for CPU). Other then that , use P&R screens with Roll or Slip when CPU is sticking to your players and/or call quick plays using you best passer, shooter and screen player .

You'll generally always have someone wide open, due to CPU doubling one of your players and don't use R1 to choose pass, because CPU automatically covers passing lanes as soon as you press it.

Last edited by tariq071; 08-27-2014 at 12:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »