Home

Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get more?

This is a discussion on Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get more? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #9
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get m

Will they comeback? I really hope so. If they do it shows that 2k has profound respect for the history and classic teams are not an afterthought. Do you want them back? Yes!. Just the idea of having classic teams to go along with today's product gives the consumer a chance to create NEW matchups against each other or to relive matchups from the past virtually since it is impossible to do in reality. Ever since Jordan and his classic teams opponents were introduced in 2k11, I have not bought another basketball game since. Will we get more? I really hope so. Having new classic teams would be fresh for us to create new rivalries and will make the game fun to play long term.

Last edited by midwestking100; 07-31-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get m

Personally I'd love to see them classic teams return and they expand on them also. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't though. I'd like to see the 2K do another 2K12-like focus on Legend content, but given how much flak that game got I doubt it'll happen

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Vince era Raptors..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #12
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoRapsFan95
Vince era Raptors..
That would be a fun matchup to have between one of Vince era Raptors and Jordan's Chicago Bulls. The replay value would be going through the roof.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm hoping they comeback and have more of a next gen feel to them. Kind of felt like this years classic teams were just thrown onto the next gen system, they just didn't look and feel up to par as the current NBA teams on the next gen system. Hopefully create a player and 2Kshare can be utilized in NBA2K15 next gen versions. Not a fan of the euro league teams, still have never touched them in 2K14. Also 2K does need to add at least a couple of new classic teams 2000Lakers or 99Knicks or something.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoRapsFan95
Vince era Raptors..
The '00 team is another one that could be very do-able with many players already included in 2K - Vince Carter, Muggsy Bogues, Dell Curry, Doug Christie, Charles Oakley, Kevin Willis and maybe Dee Brown & Tracy McGrady.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

If they can add the classic teams without sacrificing resources that are needed to improve gameplay I'm all for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I feel that the current status of the classic teams is rather boring, but if 2k took it back to 2k11 and had the broadcast/picture quality of the game match the time or the decade of teams you use it would build more excitment and realism for me.

And of course more teams would help I wouldnt mind seeing the Heat team that had Jamal Mashburn, Tim Hardaway, and Zo make an apperance as a classic team.

This. Without the era specific filter and overlays everything feels out of place. Especially on the now current gen consoles. Just give us different filter options for the respective era and I'd be cool. I honestly don't know how much more the classic teams can add to the NBA2K experience at this point. I do want them back however, but my interest peaked with 2k12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »