Home

The straw that broke the camels back revisited

This is a discussion on The straw that broke the camels back revisited within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
The straw that broke the camels back revisited

I love the new videos of 2k and the direction they are taking the franchise. Last night while browsing YouTube I ran across a video of the 2k KING OF THE COURT Tourney. To no surprise it looked like complete crap with the way the guys were playing. Everything we have seen so far is far better than this. It seems 2k14 was just the template for 15

It may hurt your eyes to watch but these are the so called " elite" 2k14 players.

Thank you all at 2k for changing EVERYTHING wrong in this video

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 01:35 AM   #2
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The straw that broke the camels back revisited

There are a lot of things in that video that you simply can't fix from a gameplay perspective without ruining the game. The easiest way to avoid that is to only play online with people that you know. Sports games aren't perfect, so you can't really expect a perfect sim experience online. People suck. 2K does all they can to put together the best sim experience, but you can't change people and how they play.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:18 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't play online at all. Even in sim leagues I couldn't find folk who played to 'my' standard of sim.

If it don't look half way like a real broadcast then I'm not playing it. Offline only, that way I can control things a little more instead of watching a human opponent turbo around the entire court playing like he's on speed at Rucker Park.

Last edited by daveberg; 09-18-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
There are a lot of things in that video that you simply can't fix from a gameplay perspective without ruining the game. The easiest way to avoid that is to only play online with people that you know. Sports games aren't perfect, so you can't really expect a perfect sim experience online. People suck. 2K does all they can to put together the best sim experience, but you can't change people and how they play.
Most of it is fixable if its acknowledged as an issue. I have said all along that people who complain about users playing offball defense are ignoring how bad the CPU's offball defense is in man. Half of what was wrong with this video was lob cheese and it wasnt the pass/catch/dunk mostly it was the defense standing there saying "hey man you want to jump up and catch a lob if so I aint gonna do nothing."

So basically you have lob cheese or rather poor offball pass defense. Stars that are comparatively overrated athletically. Durant is in a game where guys like Brandon Bass and Quincy Acy have speed ratings in the 60s.

You have invisible walls on dunks moving too fast at 3/4 speed and other smaller things. One thing I noticed is that the defense was more aware in 1-3-1. Its not a realistic defense because its not ran in the league but to be honest the CPU played more realistic offball defense in 1-3-1. Visual Concepts should keep the spirit of the 1-3-1.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
I love the new videos of 2k and the direction they are taking the franchise. Last night while browsing YouTube I ran across a video of the 2k KING OF THE COURT Tourney. To no surprise it looked like complete crap with the way the guys were playing. Everything we have seen so far is far better than this. It seems 2k14 was just the template for 15

It may hurt your eyes to watch but these are the so called " elite" 2k14 players.

Where have you seen footage that shows none of this exists in 2k15?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #6
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I haven't played CG 2K14 much but can you guys please bring back the quick screen option in 2k15 as opposed to the get open quick playcall? It was always a nice substitute for running a play to cycle through pages. For me personally, it made a HUGE difference. Not the wishlist thread, but I hope we see it. I wish we could see more concept plays, much like madden is doing now. But I really do think this will be the best sports game ever with Czar, Leftos, OG, and Beds in there. That's the superteam lol

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Where have you seen footage that shows none of this exists in 2k15?
  • I saw alleyoop cheese: Ipod said that they are not that easy to pull
  • I saw zig zag cheese into alleyoop cheese: Not sure they said they addressed the combination of that but each one of them are supposed to not be in the game.
  • 1-3-1 appears to be ran exclusively: Not even an option in the game.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #8
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13

wow...that was ugly. even worse than i thought it would be. reminds me of why i traded in 2k14 after a few months. no strategy, no passing (except for b.s. alley oops where there weren't even openings...most of the time a defender was right there, but the guy just nudged him aside and dunked the alley pop anyway). total trash. the fact that these "elite" 2k players could be successful with such a "strategy" (or lack thereof) is troubling.

i'm not too optimistic that these issues will be gone in 2k15...maybe slightly lessened...but after seeing the trash that was allowed in 2k14, i can't imagine it will be truly fixed for 2k15.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-18-2014 at 09:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »