Home

Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

This is a discussion on Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

We was so close to perfect with Online Leagues in 2K11, my only request then was to have other players in the leagues be able to stream other member's league games, sort of like how you can be dead in COD and still watch whats going on. How in 4 years we have regressed to this is very disturbing.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #50
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
At this point, I am all ears in terms of the community suggestions but kicking a user is simply not in the game this year. If I can't kick the member in a two person league as the creator of the league, its just defies logic that I would be able to kick user 3,4,5, etc. But things are so screwed up that screwy logic may have been applied by 2k so I will give it a shot and create 3 additional profiles and do a 4 man test league to test your theory.
I would ask that you check anyway. Maybe the OL requires AT LEAST 2 human players. Otherwise, you may as well play MyLeague, you know?

Quote:
At this point I've spent the entire weekend stressing over this god forsaken mode that I havent even been able to enjoy the gameplay which is other-worldly this year. Thats the only reason that my leaguemates and I will grind out seasons in this mode; because 12 min HOF sim against another sim head in 2k15 will truly be a chess match this year. The gameplay is that dope that its truly frustrating to have to put up with yet another lost year of bare bone leagues.
And you are the MAN for putting in that work dude. I certainly appreciate it. Saved me a lot of time. Good to hear your thoughts on gameplay. At the end of the day, as long as the gameplay is there, fun can be had for MANY MANY hours in other modes.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #51
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
We was so close to perfect with Online Leagues in 2K11, my only request then was to have other players in the leagues be able to stream other member's league games, sort of like how you can be dead in COD and still watch whats going on. How in 4 years we have regressed to this is very disturbing.
I think we would have been fine IF more people had played it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #52
Rookie

wferguson05's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
We all knew this was gonna be the case yet it still hurts! When we don't get answers and questions are avoided we know what it all means. Case in point again here. It's why there was no online league talk.

Anyways, This has been the case for so many years now it's ridiculous! How long til we get our needs met? It's taken steps back in the last 5 years. Just a few simple things would make us all happy. Some we want have been in previous games for crying out loud.

I have a feeling and I'm sure in 16 or 17 we will get my league online and it will be the full mode and awesome, but I'm tired of the whole wait til next year chant after 5 years of the same thing.

It's so simple too, all we want is control and commish options. I mean we can't even boot a guy from the league? Wtf?! So he could just ruin the league single handidly? And no free agent signings? It's almost comical. Who was working on this mode? I need names so I can harass the hell out of them on twitter! Lol

The thing is for ME I only play online leagues. I won't play random guys online play now. So for me this is very disappointing! I could care less about anything else except plays and playbooks. My excitement level of this game went from 100 to 50...
I agree mostly because I don't like the cheese that goes on in ranked games. The only feature that I would prefer over online leagues would be the good old HOF Long lobby from 2K8 but with 12min. quarters instead of 10. I think the worse news overall is not being able to sign free agents because this even makes keeping the official NBA rosters up to date difficult. Oh well, this may work out better for me anyway. The fewer guys on my friends list that play "sim ball" that are to busy to play a game outside of a league the better. More games can get played against more guys overall this way.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #53
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
See I hate that argument and ld2k has used that before but maybe more people would use it if it was immersive, engaging, and not barebones. If it was my league online you don't think more people would play this mode. I mean there has been at least 10 guys in here saying how they are passing in online leagues this year because the barebones and lack of settings suck! Hard to say if more people played. Well NBA live wishes more people bought that but if you build it they will come not the other way around...
Old 10-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #54
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Their focus is on created players and offline association. Hopefully they put forth effort for 16 so we can at least have what's on the Xbox 360
Actually, now that I think about it; none of this should be a surprise. The VC "franchise mode" team is guys like Simballe and DaveZ, with Leftos being one of the engineer. MyLeague and the FIXING of MyGM was CLEARLY the focus this year. They can only do so much. So, I guess it's clearly a case of this mode being lower in priority. Let your voice be heard more on this and it gets moved to the top for next year. Keep it respectful and keep Live out of it and this thread will be watched.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

Also, I was in another thread for UFC and the dev for UFC chimed in the thread and downright said that the reason why custom sliders aren't implemented for online play was because adding it would require 10x the labor in the testing phase. If we even get half of an answer like that from one of the 2K guys we would probably not be so angry and probably even show some sympathy and offer to help, except we get nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
It's not that, look at what EA Sports does with Madden and FIFA, they just do the online aspect of gaming better, simple as that. And I feel like I have to use them as an example, competition is good for business.

Last edited by morningstar777; 10-05-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #56
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
You mean like, sort of what we've been doing for the past 4 years? I have not frequented every post every in Operation Sports but I do frequent it enough to know that the Devs are quick to respond to offline modes and brag about stuff they've been working on but when it comes to other topics such as server issues and online associations it's crickets. Time and time again. There have been HUGE posts in the past with suggestions and ways we can improve online association only to find out that in 2K15 we get LESS than what we had a year ago, that is where the frustration comes in. Especially when the excitement and anticipation of the game prerelease to receive bad news like this, wouldnt have been so bad if everything was put on the table, so people can decide if they want to commit a full 82 game season or even preorder the game. That spreadsheet in the last page was a perfect example of how I feel like online association guys are the most passionate, before someone disagrees with me this is MY opinion.
I do remember the post a while back asking for input on the online leagues/associations. There was a lot of good info in there.

Even with that spreadsheet that was posted which hundreds of league games have been put in, cleared and re-put in for different seasons which I can vouch for because I made it (and that's just the games I played), it's a fraction of the time spent managing the daily operations of manually running a league, the communications etc.

Our group talked about it and the number one thing we'd like to see is the ability to save our playbooks so if we decide to play in play with friends mode which has been a great place to play by the way, we could immerse ourselves in more offensive creativity by using plays from other books without having to set everything up at the beginning of the game which no one does now to a real great degree because it's a time consuming chore.

Second on the list would be a place to practice.

Third would be a play with friends play off atmosphere mode for playoff action where we could manually put in playoff matchups and play it out, outside of a file.

I'm guessing there's a problem creating the functionality that we might not be aware of.

It would super to have though, and would save a ton of time recording everything manually and we could have stats across the entire season and even across multiple seasons and even for a league career across generations and that would be even better.

Another suggestion would be a beefed up profile system that records your game play history in much greater depth.

If they did those things, it would go along way for what we are doing to get around things.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 10-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »