Home

Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

This is a discussion on Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #57
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
See I hate that argument and ld2k has used that before but maybe more people would use it if it was immersive, engaging, and not barebones. If it was my league online you don't think more people would play this mode. I mean there has been at least 10 guys in here saying how they are passing in online leagues this year because the barebones and lack of settings suck! Hard to say if more people played. Well NBA live wishes more people bought that but if you build it they will come not the other way around...
Calm down dude. It's not an "argument". It's just a dose of hard reality. If more people had played it, it would have gone higher on the priority list. Like it or not, that's just how it works. It's how it SHOULD work. It's not an indictment of VC OR the users. Time is NOT unlimited. The most played features get the bulk of the development time.

As for WHY it wasn't played as much, I would argue that it was a chicken/egg thing. I'm an ex-user that stopped playing it for reasons I already mentioned and it doesn't absolve VC at all. Many of these features, I'm SURE, would have kept those leagues alive. I'm actually one of those people you're talking about. The omission of these features is keeping me away.

All I can do is express those reasons here with the rest of the guys, respectfully, and hope that enough of us show that the mode needs some love.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #58
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Actually, now that I think about it; none of this should be a surprise. The VC "franchise mode" team is guys like Simballe and DaveZ, with Leftos being one of the engineer. MyLeague and the FIXING of MyGM was CLEARLY the focus this year. They can only do so much. So, I guess it's clearly a case of this mode being lower in priority. Let your voice be heard more on this and it gets moved to the top for next year. Keep it respectful and keep Live out of it and this thread will be watched.
Ya it was obvious where the focus was. The thing is I think most of us are fine with that. I'm even fine with just having 1 season. What I'm not fine is puttin 0 effort into this mode and no sliders, or customization. I didn't need depth we just needed a few tools to manage it to make it be successful and work properly.

I could live with giving us those options and be perfectly fine till they got to it down the road. Another annoying this is being ignored like we're gonna hide it from you and sucker you into buying it then voila oh sorry ya we didn't have time to get to it Nd ran out of time Yama yada...
Old 10-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #59
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
You mean like, sort of what we've been doing for the past 4 years? I have not frequented every post every in Operation Sports but I do frequent it enough to know that the Devs are quick to respond to offline modes and brag about stuff they've been working on but when it comes to other topics such as server issues and online associations it's crickets. Time and time again. There have been HUGE posts in the past with suggestions and ways we can improve online association only to find out that in 2K15 we get LESS than what we had a year ago, that is where the frustration comes in. Especially when the excitement and anticipation of the game prerelease to receive bad news like this, wouldnt have been so bad if everything was put on the table, so people can decide if they want to commit a full 82 game season or even preorder the game. That spreadsheet in the last page was a perfect example of how I feel like online association guys are the most passionate, before someone disagrees with me this is MY opinion.
Why on earth are you directing this at me? I want online leagues to be great and don't care at all for RPG create a character modes. I spend way too many hours on my own Madden online league...I'm 100% an online league guy. I'd like to do the same with NBA 2K.

I have no say in where they post and what they improve. Once again no idea why you direct that post at me.

All I'm saying is don't post childish things, which that poster did.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Actually, now that I think about it; none of this should be a surprise. The VC "franchise mode" team is guys like Simballe and DaveZ, with Leftos being one of the engineer. MyLeague and the FIXING of MyGM was CLEARLY the focus this year. They can only do so much. So, I guess it's clearly a case of this mode being lower in priority. Let your voice be heard more on this and it gets moved to the top for next year. Keep it respectful and keep Live out of it and this thread will be watched.
Watched? Did you not see all the criticism last year? This isnt the first year they left this mode with little change.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #61
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Calm down dude. It's not an "argument". It's just a dose of hard reality. If more people had played it, it would have gone higher on the priority list. Like it or not, that's just how it works. It's how it SHOULD work. It's not an indictment of VC OR the users. Time is NOT unlimited. The most played features get the bulk of the development time.

As for WHY it wasn't played as much, I would argue that it was a chicken/egg thing. I'm an ex-user that stopped playing it for reasons I already mentioned and it doesn't absolve VC at all. Many of these features, I'm SURE, would have kept those leagues alive. I'm actually one of those people you're talking about. The omission of these features is keeping me away.

All I can do is express those reasons here with the rest of the guys, respectfully, and hope that enough of us show that the mode needs some love.
Lol I'm calm maybe just coming off wrong! Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Why on earth are you directing this at me? I want online leagues to be great and don't care at all for RPG create a character modes. I spend way too many hours on my own Madden online league...I'm 100% an online league guy. I'd like to do the same with NBA 2K.

I have no say in where they post and what they improve. Once again no idea why you direct that post at me.

All I'm saying is don't post childish things, which that poster did.
Um, that wasn't directed at you. The first sentence was an answer to what you said, everything I said after that was me venting, had nothing to do with you, at all...............
Old 10-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #63
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Another annoying this is being ignored like we're gonna hide it from you and sucker you into buying it then voila oh sorry ya we didn't have time to get to it Nd ran out of time Yama yada...
Why go there, man? So, they have higher priority features they decide to work on. How does that mean we're being ignored? Or that we got suckered? They've marketed 2 major franchise modes this year. Said next to ZERO about online leagues. Where were we mislead here? The signal to noise ratio of OL versus MyLeague/MyGM was SO low, no one should be surprised it's bare bones. But to imply there was some proactive deception is a bit much isn't it. That's what that statement *seemed* to do. I know it may not have been your intent.

Again, I'm trying to keep this civil and mature so that the thread doesn't become as toxic as it has every right to be. I want to see a MyLeague level effort on this for next year. Let's just PLEASE post to that end. I'm begging.

I KNOW how you feel man. I'm there with you.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-05-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Didn't Rob confirm on The Pressrow Podcast that we would be able to have CPU controlled teams in online leagues?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »