Home

NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Live looks horrible again.
Live doesn't look horrible bro, it looks different. Keeping it real, if live looks horrible. What had 2k looked like over the years. They've never been known for graphics. Just gameplay. Dream cast was good. Last year looked good. But they still had the big shoe issue. But who cares. I respect 2k, I'm not a fanboy, but for a fix I can play 2k binge style.

After seeing footage of 2k gameplay, I cannot see where the greatness lies. Really. Of course I don't feel it cut I'm not playing it, but the eye test is all that's needed. 2k released a bunch of bids and info prior to release, but I think they did that because the game wasn't great, just to appease the fans. Which isn't terrible either. They for the job done, released the game on time, and will fix issues as the year goes on. Saved the drama of criticism in not releasing the game on time.

My impression however is the gameplay is OK. Solid and the modes I'll estimate are great additions to solid gameplay. But I'm gonna wait and see what ea does man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm gonna wait to see what ea does man
I'm gonna wait to see what ea does man
Lmaooooo..tHess crappy fanboys should be posting their comments els where and not disruptic the flow of the nba2k15 review thread
Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1
2k is a not a bad game. That is false, but is it not a true basketball sim. Absolutely not. People that want 2k to be a realistic basketball game and not just a video game will always have certain problems with this game. Prime examples are things like throwing the ball to the post...backing down, pump faking and whoever is guarding, jumping completely out the play. Full court passes still fly out of bounds at a high percentage. Players still miss easy layups if anyone near jumps, etc. Also, do avoid the charge cheesers, the pg crosses over without you doing anything, which is another scripted aspect, I don't like. If these types of issues are irrelevant for you, along with bad lighting/ laser lighting randomly appearing on the court. It is an improvement from last year with player models, shooting, some collision work, easier D, etc. 2k feels they have a winning product, so adding game modes and making subtle adjustments is what they will continue to do for fear of losing loyal 2k fans.

I think the people at Live understand basketball moreso and the culture but are behind the 8 ball from a production standpoint and still not having a product anyone believes in. I will not buy 2k unless Live is awful again. Certain finite details "basketball people" will always get frustrated with about 2k, but if you liked 2k last year, you will LOVE it this year. I hated 2k last year and feel luke warm now. Most people will never find any fault in 2k, so its no reason to try to debate with them. 2k has flaws but it is like dating a woman. Some guys will overlook all flaws if the woman is pretty, other's care about things like personality, education, occupation, etc. 2 each its own.

In summary, 2k is improved from last year but still too predictable and gives you minimal control of some outcomes. If you loved last year's version, you will feel the same about this one. If you were not a fan of last year's copy, you might want to test drive Live when it comes out.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #44
Rookie

Some people just can't get satisfied.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #45
Rookie

14 had better lighting, was shinier and player modls were better. On a side note, they took Dorris Burkes voice and put it on a much younger thinner model that does not remotely resemble her.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlstrckl
2k is a not a bad game. That is false, but is it not a true basketball sim. Absolutely not. People that want 2k to be a realistic basketball game and not just a video game will always have certain problems with this game. Prime examples are things like throwing the ball to the post...backing down, pump faking and whoever is guarding, jumping completely out the play. Full court passes still fly out of bounds at a high percentage. Players still miss easy layups if anyone near jumps, etc. Also, do avoid the charge cheesers, the pg crosses over without you doing anything, which is another scripted aspect, I don't like. If these types of issues are irrelevant for you, along with bad lighting/ laser lighting randomly appearing on the court. It is an improvement from last year with player models, shooting, some collision work, easier D, etc. 2k feels they have a winning product, so adding game modes and making subtle adjustments is what they will continue to do for fear of losing loyal 2k fans.

I think the people at Live understand basketball moreso and the culture but are behind the 8 ball from a production standpoint and still not having a product anyone believes in. I will not buy 2k unless Live is awful again. Certain finite details "basketball people" will always get frustrated with about 2k, but if you liked 2k last year, you will LOVE it this year. I hated 2k last year and feel luke warm now. Most people will never find any fault in 2k, so its no reason to try to debate with them. 2k has flaws but it is like dating a woman. Some guys will overlook all flaws if the woman is pretty, other's care about things like personality, education, occupation, etc. 2 each its own.

In summary, 2k is improved from last year but still too predictable and gives you minimal control of some outcomes. If you loved last year's version, you will feel the same about this one. If you were not a fan of last year's copy, you might want to test drive Live when it comes out.
I feel the exact same way 100%, you hit nail on the head lol....ppl don't like to hear the truth smh
Old 10-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #47
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

Just an observation....

Some people have real gripes and thats ok .....while some are slick flaming for the heck of it..

And whats sadder some are coming from the "other game's forum" just to do it or have been in previous threads before the game even came out spewing crazy stuff and are popping back up with the same stuff..man yall need to chill with these agendas...its not cool

Last edited by swac07; 10-09-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:27 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
You know when I first put the game in I was a little disappointed. I thought I would immediated see and feel the differences and upgrades but my initial reaction was that not much has changed. The more I play the more I notice and like about the game. The offense movement is night and day. Without calling a play you have players moving on offense trying to get open, making cuts when necessary (like when a double team occurs). Your teammates just seem smarter on both ends of the court.

The animations are also improved especially when contact is made at the rim. Overall more realistic. Again its something that doesn't stand out at first but the more you play the more you notice.

Lastly the control and feel. This is perhaps what I was most disappointed about when I first played. I got on offense, started dribbling, tried to drive and explore my options and I thought "I thought this was suppose to be a little different and more responsive". I wasn't feeling it at first. Again the more I played the more I noticed the differences from 2k14. Players feel a bit more free. They don't suction to players quite as much and I have noticed very few, if any, canned animations on offense. Dribbling feels a bit better but mostly the same.

The big thing, as you mentioned, is that the game is still 2k. If you are a 2k fan then you are going to like/love 2k15. The developers aren't reinventing their image here. For me my 2k side is loving this game the more I play.

However their is another side of me that wants something new and different. I've been playing 2k every year since 2k2. I love the series but I also want something to compliment 2k as a change of pace. I'm hoping Live will be that this year. It doesn't have to be better than 2k, it just needs to be a solid NBA game that plays well.
I agree...honestly there's nothing else 2k can do they have done everything...I also owned 2k2 I figured out t-Mac and went crazy and used to run 12:00 quarters with the 90"s east vs west a lot they had the throwback Reggie miller those were good times! I just think live is going to bring me the overall nba feel as far as presentation and gameplay it I can't lie it looks nice and even without them showing any advanced gameplay past the screenshots and quick trailers I'll still be playing a lot of live!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »