Home

I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

This is a discussion on I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I think PRIDE is ruining this game for some people

Just play real basketball, if u dont know how the game works your obv gonna struggle, I've really restructured how I call plays and the flow of my offense, currently playing superstar sim and moving to hof soon. Floor spacing and running the right sets for your team is key.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #138
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I really don't have any issues gameplay wise I play strictly on HOF.

Servers , disappearing my player are another story
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If you added up all the 14 year's i've played 2k...the amount of time i've spent adjusting sliders probably wouldn't even equal a hour...much less "hours"

Don't know why people act like they're being asked to recode the game
It's just the excuse they use to blame 2k instead of admitting they are lazy. You don't need to"know" basketball to know that the cpu is rebounding too much for my skillset so ill pause game and change rebounding real fast... 5 sec fix
Old 10-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #140
Rookie

Played a game of Blazers (me) vs Nuggets (cpu) on SS/Sim after moving on up from AS/Sim. Now with the whole offensive rebounding/putback issue, I really saw my fair share while playing on all star, and I saw it a few this game (Danilo had 3 OR) but what was weird was before on All star, they would make the putbacks with ease, and on Superstar, they were actually having their shots roll out (ie: Faried and Timothy), I guess the Chris Kaman is fearful in the paint lol. But point is that gameplay weirdly improved with ease moving up on difficulty, I mean I lost after giving up the ball twice in the fourth and having them have 14-5 run, but c'mon, I had McCollum running point. (My rosters resemble the team after recently playing, so no Lillard.. )

I really don't have a problem with the rebound of the game, the putbacks seem to not be as easy thanks to the defensive juggernaut in the paint aka Chris Kaman lol. My only real complaint is at one moment in the game, Ty Lawson had a fastbreak going and I had Robin Lopez in the paint waiting and right when Ty Lawson arrived to send a floater up, I press the block button since I had perfect position to send that shot flying in reverse, thing is the guy kinda just there stood there instead of blocking the shot like he should had and one thing I love about basketball are the blocking of shots, so I feel like if the blocking is just a tad bit irresponsive, I mean I still got two other blocks (one blocking a dunk from Faried from no other than Chris "The Paint Defender" Kaman lol) but still, I would at least like to get a block I know I should get, but other than that, the gameplay is great and there shouldn't really be much changes or tuning to it.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #141
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr33mo
It's just the excuse they use to blame 2k instead of admitting they are lazy. You don't need to"know" basketball to know that the cpu is rebounding too much for my skillset so ill pause game and change rebounding real fast... 5 sec fix
I agree 1000% just think if we didn't have sliders at all this thread would change in a hot minute....2K won't let us customized blah blah blah.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #142
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
This community is hilarious. Not everyone has time to sit down for hours adjusting sliders and trying to study real life tendencies. If I wanted to ball that hard, I'd go to a gym. I have a wife, job, and new born. When I have a little bit of free time, I just want to play a game. Win or lose... I really don't care. I just don't wanna feel cheated.
This is one of the most tired excuses out there man. You make it sound like YOU have a life and people who actually put time into practicing and learning the game don't. Get out of here with these type of blanket generalizations that are lame.

Play on Pro if you want to pick it up and play without learning the in-depth options at your disposal. This thread is meant for you as it sounds like your PRIDE won't let you.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #143
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The 2k dev team year's back said that All Star is the most realistic setting when it comes to AI. Superstar and above difficulty uses cpu attribute bumps to increase the difficulty.

So stop using Superstar and just use All star with slider adjustments to increase the difficulty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Da_Czar also said this year's game was tuned for gameplay on SS/SIM. If what he says is true, one should expect the closest to intended play to be at this level. I feel it is but I'm just saying, perhaps it is time to use SS/SIM as the standard.

Yeah, I would agree with both of these statements. In previous 2Ks, the CPU was the most fair on All-Star, but in 2K15, Superstar plays a well-balanced game.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #144
Just started!

True. To add with pride I think some people feel like they know what the CPU should do in most situations, and that's not the case either. I've been playing SS/sim and it's all about gameplan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »