Home

The bumpback animation. Your thoughts?

This is a discussion on The bumpback animation. Your thoughts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: The bumpback animation. Your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
I'm all for that. But it has to be realistic! None of the cheesy crap that happens today.

I don't want no 6" 190lb scrub pushing my 6"8 260lb inside scorer out of the paint as I attempt a layup without any fouls given. It shouldn't be that easy for them to push me out of the paint, unless they're bigger/stronger/heavier than me.

In fact, with this bumping cheese, I have never seen a successful dunk after an oReb, even when there's only some short, weak scrub inside the paint, against a big man. The big guy will always get bumped out of the post, resulting in a layup instead of a standing dunk, which is what should happen.

I don't want C. Kaman being able to side step and bump D. Rose/Westbrook/Durant off of an explosive first step. That's simple unrealistic and stupid. 30 lateral quickness vs 99 quickness 99 speed and 30 wins? And no blocking foul? Really?

I don't want animations that should be called flagrant fouls simply passed off as normal. Most obvious inside the paint. Case in point: I have never made a single layup after a rebound, ever since I picked up the game to play. Not even one. I haven't seen my teammates do it either. Always get hard fouled but not called at all.

I don't want bump animations that happen when the defender is not even in contact with the offense. I'm literally 2 feet away from the defense, driving at an angle towards an open lane, not straight at the defense. The defense shuffle to the side once, and a bump animation happens without touching me. That should not happen, EVER.

The CPU on defense do not have physical momentum at all. That's just unfair. They should be sliding all over the court like I do if they keep turboing all over the place, like they do now. When I do that, I skate all over the court. They should, as well.

And also, when choosing animations, please for the love of god factor in height/weight/strength of the 2 sides. It should not be possible for someone like D. Lilliard/K. Lowry to bump L. James back when James is driving with a head full of steam. It should be a blocking foul and the defense should be sprawled across the floor for being so stupid as to try to step in front of a freight train.

Just to name a few controller-breaking things I wish this game doesn't have.

It should be somewhat possible for a Lilliard or Lowry to bump James. Granted, James is big and strong but the physical mass of Lilliard and Lowry should be respected.

It should depend on who gets to that spot first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
Your right but that is not what is in discussions your misconstruing it.........

Its not physicality that is in question, its the bump backs , including from behind during shot attempts in the paint, fast breaks and the anility to stop a ball handler dead in his tracts in full sprint and bump him back

.........now there is cut offs with quick foot works and it legal but bumping a handler like how it is in nba 2k is a foul called every time either ,especially in the shooting animation

Imo there should be more defender sliding along the offensive player hip checking, with more emphasis on hip rotations, with the objective is to get the shoulders pass the defender to get off a decent shot

its not a foul everytime.

Just recently Trey Burke did a great move to the basket and Reggie Jackson jumped right in front of him.

Burke stepbacked, got space, and went back in.

If you are stopped dead in your tracks then reset your dribble. You aren't going to run thorugh people
Old 11-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
It should be somewhat possible for a Lilliard or Lowry to bump James. Granted, James is big and strong but the physical mass of Lilliard and Lowry should be respected.

It should depend on who gets to that spot first.
Yea, but most of the time that should be a foul, no? This mostly happens inside the paint, during a putback. If I'm laying up after an oReb, if the defense bump me from behind/the side and move me from my spot, that should be a shooting foul, no?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:05 AM   #44
Just started!

It's not that bad...I actually feel that it needs more bumping around the paint.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:30 AM   #45
Rookie

All sports games are based on canned animations and have nothing to do with real physics or momentum as they could or really should be..

hopefully next console generation they will be able to build new engines capable of providing us real time physics and momentum so the game would actually play like real life instead of what we have now which is simply waiting for animation 1 to finish to you can proceed to trigger animation 2... and then maybe 3... and so forth until that particular play is finished

At the end of all that you just hope that all them animations in the play you just completed looked enough like real life to put a smile on your face... when that happens it feels awesome, but when it doesn't it just pisses you off

by the way, you guys love how the CPU AI defender literally reads your controller input.... I have had multiple videos before showing this, the immediate moment I cross over right or left, cpu defender mirrors me exactly, and often beats me to the spot before I even get there, so he cheating and doing something impossible at the same time... it literally looks like a soccer goalie in a penalty shoot out when he guesses correctly before the ball is even kicked and makes the save... that's my personal favorite animation

Last edited by ChrisCP3Paul; 11-21-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »