Home

Post animations that annoy YOU in the game!

This is a discussion on Post animations that annoy YOU in the game! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #33
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Post animations that annoy YOU in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Stutter...seems to trigger when you have an opening to drive...

This is that long dribble drive animation I was talking about...

Goffs nailed it. THIS is the hesitation animation people are talking about there is no reason for it to trigger.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #34
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Why is this animation in the game? What's the point of it? FYI this is the animation I was referring to earlier in this thread. Triggered and seriously continued nearly the entire width of the court before it stopped. I was using Chris Paul when it happened.

This animation needs to go away, and fast. There is no point to this animation other than giving you a 3 second call or forcing you into trouble.
When I get offensive rebounds I rarely try to dribble it out because I'll either get caught in this animation causing 3 second violation, or it'll randomly get kicked free for a TO. Even when I pass it out sometimes I'll get caught in a bumping or ridiculous post pass animation causing a 3 second violation. If you get caught in this animation while in the paint you're almost always screwed because it takes about 2 seconds to play out and another second or 2 to make the pass and get out of the paint.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

I bet this game would be hella fun if 2K take away all the animations and physics and let it be like 2K7. In fact, this will make online run much smoother as well. All these canimations and physics slow the online gaming down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 08:21 PM   #36
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I bet this game would be hella fun if 2K take away all the animations and physics and let it be like 2K7. In fact, this will make online run much smoother as well. All these canimations and physics slow the online gaming down.
Yeah no...I want this game more polished by cleaning up some animations and this is what the thread is about and not go backwards. Besides theres 2k7 still available...just pop that in and enjoy...
Old 01-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #37
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Stutter...seems to trigger when you have an opening to drive...

This is that long dribble drive animation I was talking about...

Quoted for emphasis. The stutter/hesitation dribble animation is the biggest problem I have with this game. Some people on here are acting like it only occurs in pick and roll situations; but actually it seems to happen just as much off of 1 on 1 dribbling situations as well.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #38
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

the hesitation dribble thing is fairly annoying, especially when you had to beat your man off the dribble without the use of a screen and it slows you down so the defender can catch up. On mycareer this animation is migraine inducing at times, because of the level of comeback cheese that occurs. Tho it is still very bothersome to deal with in quick match as well.

As far as the animation where you get bumped on the fastbreak, i dont mind the animation, but i think it should be nerfed a little. Its annoying that i get bumped all over the court. They should dial back the animation to where you just get slightly nudged or something, as opposed to being dang near football tackled.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #39
Just started!

Majority of the user animations. Most are slow/late and over exaggerated and you have no control during most.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:09 AM   #40
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Goff bro you hit it right on the head that stutter drives me insane... especially when the shot clock is running down and I blow by my guy... Honestly I agree with the majority off the post... The full court bumping is realistic just appear a bit overpowered and happens too often. Great thread guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »