Home

Randomized MyPlayer skill caps in 2k16?

This is a discussion on Randomized MyPlayer skill caps in 2k16? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Randomized MyPlayer skill caps?

What if offline you could create who you choose, but if you intended to use your MP online you received a randomized skill cap with your height and weight factored in?

You still have the chance to be an all-around Lebron type player, but you'd have to hit the proverbial genetic lottery in getting the skill caps high enough to make that happen. Even if you didnt 'hit the jackpot' and have you randomized caps high enough to make you an all-time great, you could still be special.

You could have the chance to be that PG that rebounds great when all others leave it to the bigs, or that center that hits threes or the forward with enough ball-handling to be a nightmare. If there were real slim odds behind this it would stop a person from just re-creating until they got the greatest caps and could breathe life into the experience instead of making the exact same player every year....

This would minimize the do-all players, balance the playing field while still allowing for some individuality. This of course mean the bucket upgrades would have to go, but i dont think many people would be against that.

Sidenote: Who remembers that madden that would randomize your parents when creating a player to determine your attribute caps? You could get like a mom who was a political science major and a dad who was a star short-stop.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-15-2015 at 03:38 PM. Reason: clarity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 11:59 PM   #2
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Randomized MyPlayer skill caps in 2k16?

I kind of like this idea, and I'm sure people would complain like crazy or just keep making characters until they get that "lebron" type player.

I think they should go back to the other skill upgrade that they used to have and have it based of play style.
Like "Athletic, Sharpshooter." things like that and have certain aspects that can't be changed.

Whichever route they go for 2K16 they need to trash the whole skill system they have now, at least in other generations we could be diverse. Now it makes you get certain skills up even if you don't want them..
Old 02-12-2015, 12:15 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
I kind of like this idea, and I'm sure people would complain like crazy or just keep making characters until they get that "lebron" type player.

I think they should go back to the other skill upgrade that they used to have and have it based of play style.
Like "Athletic, Sharpshooter." things like that and have certain aspects that can't be changed.

Whichever route they go for 2K16 they need to trash the whole skill system they have now, at least in other generations we could be diverse. Now it makes you get certain skills up even if you don't want them..
Ideally getting that Lebron skill cap would be as rare as he is...Literally, a very minute percentage chance.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:34 AM   #4
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Ideally getting that Lebron skill cap would be as rare as he is...Literally, a very minute percentage chance.
So basically make it a 1/100k for the LeBron Skill cap or 1% chance, and make it only able to SF. This would make the game better. To add on to this, they should have other NBA players Skill Cap. Make the high tier players skill cap obtainable also, but depending on their stats rare like LeBron.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
Banned

this wouldn't be a fair system for online. maybe for offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
Rookie

dex34's Arena

It's a good idea, but like it was said earlier people would just keep re-doing their myplayer until they got it. I think Fifa has it right when it comes to caps, first of all you have an online and an offline player, second, in that game you can become a star but it limits you by PLAY STYLE,HEIGHT, and WEIGHT.

Using three categories to determine the stats of a myplayer will take 2k to the next level; if everyone wants to make max height players that's fine but they should have less skill points the taller they get. Also max speed and strength should be based on body weight/body type.

Now one last thing, it is proven that stars grow their games over the years, but no matter what playstyle/height/weight you choose there will be something you don't like (e.g...center that can't pass well, point guard that cant block). Which is why I think you should be able to work on one or two stats (anymore than a few and we would be right back where we started) over the off seasons in a career. This way your center could dribble but would be slow, or your point guard could rebound like rondo.

Wow, this got a little lengthy, feel free to add improvements. It's proven that if we speak loud enough 2k will listen. If we show them a fully fleshed out CAP system they will eventually see it and it might make it into the game. Plus you would never have to worry about the dreaded all around SF again.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:53 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

i think they game would be better if u couldnt have 99 ovr. If the cap maxed out at 92 and it took real playing time, there would be alot more diversity cause people would have to pick their attribute levels more carefuly.

Look at game like fifa which came out a month before nba2k, the highest overall rating on the leaders boards is a 91 and there plenty of guys rated inbetween to 88 in the top25. Imagine if u could get 99 and max out pretty much every category like 2k, it would be a constant goalfest.
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 02-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
i think they game would be better if u couldnt have 99 ovr. If the cap maxed out at 92 and it took real playing time, there would be alot more diversity cause people would have to pick their attribute levels more carefuly.

Look at game like fifa which came out a month before nba2k, the highest overall rating on the leaders boards is a 91 and there plenty of guys rated inbetween to 88 in the top25. Imagine if u could get 99 and max out pretty much every category like 2k, it would be a constant goalfest.
Exactly, lower overalls would be the ultimate goal. And to clarify, when i say "lebron skills cap" i dont mean the cap would literally have his name, just that a skill cap that would allow high scoring ratings AND high athleticism would be VERY rare.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »