Home

Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues

This is a discussion on Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #33
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues

It's funny because I want to play an Online League and I can't. Like, literally it's not working ever. I have 3 other friends who want to start one and can't.

So like people have been saying, if 2K uses numbers to find out what modes are most-populated then how is that even possible if in just my small group of guys not a single one can even start a league? Obviously it's the least populated when most can't even join one.

I think they should go the way of Madden and create connected leagues/careers...it would be mad fun to play one on one my career games imo...but I really don't trust the servers enough for it...and I think it would be the only way they'd focus on online leagues is if they did that.

-Allen Iverson
Old 03-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #34
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

i all but given up playing this game online with the exception of park, and even then i been playing less and less, cause the servers make it feel like im playing 2 people instead of 1,

the guy im actually playing and then 2k <_<.

i dont get how a game can DOWNGRADE in server production. 2k11/12/13/14 were fine but 15 has been a absolute train wreck since day 1.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #35
Just started!

IMO I understand why Online League modes are not getting high priority in comparison to the other modes. Its not what I would call a money mode like MyPlayer and MyTeam. They get beyond the $60 because of these modes. Honestly, for myself, I probably have spent and addition $60-$70 on the game(maybe a bit more ). I did this in attempt to pay for a few mascots and VC to open packs for Myteam to help deal with so many of these stacked lineups people have. I have heard of people spending enormous amounts of money on VC that is beyond imagination. Some people with twitch accounts on PSN and XBL received donations in order to buy packs for MyTeam Etc. I truly believe that if they where to do away with any modes in the near future it would be Team Up and Online Leagues.

That is where a game like NBA Live would prosper. I wish they would truthfully so it can serve as motivation for 2k to push out a better product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #36
Rookie

Hello Biggieruth,
I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing connectivity issues. Xbox Live should be fully restored as of now. Can you please elaborate on how you came to the conclusion that Xbox Live says you have the requirements for all other games except NBA 2K15?
Your description of the issue makes me suspect latency as the issue. Whenever a game freezes up and then goes in fast forward it usually means a de-synchronization issue. Have you experienced this issue before the server issues that happened last week? Is Head to Head the only game mode where this issue occurs?
Awaiting your response,
Nikita G.
2K Support

If the SERVERS DON'T WORK everything else is pointless Online Leagues,Park Mode,My Team ect..........
Old 03-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #37
Rookie

Hello Biggieruth,
Since you are able to play when there is a low amount of traffic on the server, the issue seems related to your Internet Service Provider. While I am unsure if playing at night because less people are connected to the 2K Sports server or there is less traffic in your area and the DNS server is giving you quicker access. Have you noticed an increase in internet speed during the night when you can connect to the 2K servers? If so, then your connection gets more bandwidth at these times and you would have to contact your Internet company if you wish to upgrade in order to have that fast connection at all times, even with a lot of Internet traffic, like during the evening.
You can verify your speed by going to a website such as www.speedtest.net and checking it at various times during the day.
I'm trying to find out where exactly your issue might be: is it your internet connection in general or is it the connection to the 2K server specifically.
I meet beyond the requirements too game online.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #38
Rookie

Hello Biggieruth,
Both Evolve and WWE 2K15 are run on different servers than NBA 2K15. Because NBA relies so heavily on servers, they are handled differently from our other games. I am not surprised that the other games work fine, to be completely honest with you. Based on our ongoing conversation, I am certain that the issue is related to the NBA 2K15 server only.
Unfortunately I still have no possible solutions for you as the problem has yet to be found and fixed.
Their admitting its their servers and their not surprise of the problems on the NBA 2k15
Old 03-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #39
Rookie

I have other emails saying they never fix the servers from last year.They just did maintenance and trouble shoot.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
It's kind of a shame that the "Twitter war" got off the topic of the SERVERS so quickly.
Czar's stated role with 2K (Offensive Coordinator of AI systems, or something to that effect) is to function as their lead NBA scout, improve playbook and play calling functionality, gameplay AI, etc.

What is addressing him specifically with complaints about the servers REALLY supposed to accomplish? It's like these clowns who tweet Ronnie and Chris 1000x a day about fixing the servers, do you really think the marketing heads know a damn thing about server functionality? Some people in the community lack common sense and don't think before they speak. Whining, venting, and finger pointing behind a computer screen to multiple developers might feel good, but it certainly isn't going to get your voice heard. It's easy to mute someone (without blocking them) on Twitter.

Constructive criticism is sim. "Time to insult u guyz" makes you a ****ing embarrassment, which is why the "conversation" went nowhere.

Quote:
As for the Online Leagues...the simple solution is to find a way to monetize it - as someone else mentioned. Either as a DLC that has to be purchased for something in the $4.99 to $9.99 range or with the current VC system.
I don't know much about server stability, but my guess is that for every successful league there are AT LEAST 10,000 that get created and last maybe two games before people give up on them. It's easy to see why other modes WOULD get server priority.

If too many leagues are causing strain on the servers then limits need to be set. Non-active leagues should be automatically deleted if no members are active over a one-week period.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »