Home

Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues

This is a discussion on Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues

Do you want me too start from the 1st email and coming too a conclusion its their servers.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolomite
Do you want me too start from the 1st email and coming too a conclusion its their servers.
just that last one where they "admitted" that their infrastructure sucks.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #51
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Just make a 5 league limit per person, as long as the features work no one should complain at that lol
It's capped at 3 concurrent leagues right now. 2ks barebone leagues with virtually no admin options forced that German league to use that wacky workaround of so many leagues just to get it to work for them. Just like my league had to use our ingenuity with the custom roster feature to pull off a multi season OA with a rookie draft, FA, and progression. There is a method to their madness of creating all of those one off leagues, even though it seems like pure madness on the surface...lol.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 03-09-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #52
Rookie

Infrastructure meaning they don't have a clue why the servers are messed up.Or the words must be exact from 2k saying their infrastructure is falling apart.Or you cant read between lines.Before i post this emails am not going back and fourth.Let the community read these email and come too a conclusion with out trying persuade anyone either way.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolomite
Infrastructure meaning they don't have a clue why the servers are messed up.Or the words must be exact from 2k saying their infrastructure is falling apart.Or you cant read between lines.Before i post this emails am not going back and fourth.Let the community read these email and come too a conclusion with out trying persuade anyone either way.
How am I persuading anyone, you claim to have an email where you say, 2KSupport admitted that their infrastructure sucks. I don't believe that 2K would say anything remotely close to that.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:41 PM   #54
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
LOLOLOL And people want to blame 2K for unstable league servers? This is case in point!

These guys don't even need to be creating the league if they aren't going to play it, use stat tracking, etc. They could very easily play a head to head match and report the results.

Instead, those WASTED created leagues just take up server space. This is just one small group of people with THREE THOUSAND PLUS LEAGUES. Now think about how many other 2K players there are world-wide...

2K needs to implement safeguards against this and sweep the non-actives to give priority to the people actually trying to use the feature to it's full effect.
3K leagues shouldn't make a dent in 2K's servers. The EA football game doesn't have that issue.

Blame the user(s) doesn't seem fair or logical. What if 3K leagues died? We'd still have server issue and the blame would still fall on the user(s)? I don't buy that.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
2K does not pay Czar to manage the community, nor do they expect him to. His contributions to the community are 100% voluntary.

You are right...but at this point it's to gotten to the point where people don't know who to contact. So they reach out to those who they know and who are most visible.

He's just the only person who bothered answering. Which shows that 2K has gotten to the point now where any mention of the servers results in SILENCE from them.

They'd apparently rather just FREEZE OUT any community members who ask, email, or Tweet about it.

Sorry, but ignoring a problem and acting like it doesn't exist is no way to deal with an issue.

Quote:
I'm no server expert (and I seriously doubt many individuals on these boards are), but I'm sure this is a case-by-case basis based on a variety of factors. All I can say is that I have rarely had problems over the last 5 years. Some people have issues, some don't. It's no secret that the servers have been an issue in 2K for a very long time, which should factor into your purchasing decision.

Regarding the emails, I don't get what 2K Support is supposed to say. Would you be any happier if they said "well, the guys responsible for infrastructure suck and we can't promise issues will be solved within the calendar year"? What are they supposed to do, take down the servers for extended maintenance that would lead to minimal improvement?

The course of action is to keep the messages going to 2K Support. The higher-ups are not going to scour Twitter or video game forums looking for opinionated complaints, they are going to look at the numbers just like any other company. If an executive sees 90% of Support tickets are about servers, then maybe, just maybe they'll adjust the budget, hire more staff, or make whatever other adjustments necessary to keep people buying and playing the game throughout the year, just like any other company.

Overall I think they're doing a pretty damn good job of listening to the community considering they hired something like five people direct from the community over the past calendar year.

Sorry, but the servers are POOR. Even when there isn't a "problem" they are below average when compared to other games. And when they are having "issues" like they have pretty much every weekend for the last few months...they are basically unplayable.

The excuses are getting old. Especially with the revenue the game brings in from selling VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Sorry, but the servers are POOR. Even when there isn't a "problem" they are below average when compared to other games. And when they are having "issues" like they have pretty much every weekend for the last few months...they are basically unplayable.

The excuses are getting old. Especially with the revenue the game brings in from selling VC.
I'm not here to make excuses for 2K, and I don't have a stake in the matter. I already told you who you should be contacting if you ever want the issue addressed.

It's not me, it's not Czar, it's not Ronnie or Chris, and it damn sure isn't the people on the forums.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 03-09-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »